Travel/flight question

dogchopper

My sister and I are trying to book a cruise and running into air port problems. We are both flying in from different states and she is using spirit air and I'm using allegiant..neither of them fly into or out of Miami, which is where the cruise is but they fly into Fort Lauderdale ..

We have a way to get to the ship but cannot get off the ship and to the Fort Lauderdale air port. Any ideas how? Rental cars?? Are their shuttles that go that far??? Any advice would be appreciated.

There are multiple companies that offer shuttle service from FLL to Port of Miami for approximately $15/pp.

A few examples are SAS and Jiffy Jeff.

As for your flight. I don't recommend any airline that only has one flight a day to your vacation destination. Make sure there is a backup plan or fly in the day prior.

Edited by airboss

There are multiple companies that offer shuttle service from FLL to Port of Miami for approximately $15/pp.

A few examples are SAS and Jiffy Jeff.

As for your flight. I don't recommend any airline that only has one flight a day to your vacation destination. Make sure there is a backup plan or fly in the day prior.

We are flying in a few days before the cruise to visit people, it's the flying home part that is the hang up. We both leave the day after the cruise but cannot fly out of Miami .. A logistics nightmare :). But Jiffy Jeff sounds like it may help, thanks !!

My sister and I are trying to book a cruise and running into air port problems. We are both flying in from different states and she is using spirit air and I'm using allegiant..neither of them fly into or out of Miami, which is where the cruise is but they fly into Fort Lauderdale ..

We have a way to get to the ship but cannot get off the ship and to the Fort Lauderdale air port. Any ideas how? Rental cars?? Are their shuttles that go that far??? Any advice would be appreciated.

Carnival always offers shuttle service to/from Miami cruise terminal for arrivals to Ft Lauderdale. I can only assume you mean your flying at non-sanctioned cruise line times so no return shuttle to Ft Lauderdale is available. Correct?

Carnival always offers shuttle service to/from Miami cruise terminal for arrivals to Ft Lauderdale. I can only assume you mean your flying at non-sanctioned cruise line times so no return shuttle to Ft Lauderdale is available. Correct?

Op is not leaving to go home until the day after the cruise ends so the Carnival shuttle is not an option.

Bill

We are flying in a few days before the cruise to visit people, it's the flying home part that is the hang up. We both leave the day after the cruise but cannot fly out of Miami .. A logistics nightmare :). But Jiffy Jeff sounds like it may help, thanks !!

Any number of shuttle options will get you from POM to FLL after the cruise.

Your other option is a one-way car rental (Miami to FLL). National, Alamo & Thrifty will shuttle you for free from POM to their MIA airport location. Hertz, Avis and Budget have downtown locations close to POM - about a $12 cab ride if they do not shuttle. If you get a good deal from someone else a cab to the MIA airport will run $27+tip.

Your posts are confusing. Your initial post said you can't get from the ship to Ft Lauder airport and your second post says you leave the day after the cruise. So, where will you be transported FROM to the Ft Lauderdale airport?If it's somewhere in Miami, don't worry....any taxi will be able to take you, as it's not that far to Ft Lauderdale. Private transportation costs about the same as a taxi. A shared shuttle will cost less, but be sure to allow extra time for any other pickups. I think Go Shuttle and Supershuttle serve FLL airport. You should be able to find them online. If both of you are going at the same time, it might cost the same for private transport or taxi as it would for a shuttle, as you pay by the person in shuttles and by the car otherwise.

Edited by royalcruz