No more discounts after final payment...yah right...

teecee60

More and better last minute discounts for me? ...I'm OK with that:D

What I can't imagine is a day on the few islands that have built the deep water docks to handle the behemoths if two end up in port, in addition to existing large ships :eek:

Magsmc, Google is always your friend :) looking for an agent that offers last minute discounts? OK, Google: Discount and Last Minute Cruise Vacations. A last minute ticker service is useful for seeing what's out there at a glance.

Looking for "cruise price history" ask for that and find the same result Nachosdelux indicated, Stats tab, five years back by class. What did we do without Google? oh sorry, Alphabet.

Yep, can find a price history but no percentage of available cabins???

99 cents to save hundreds is doable :) and worth it for the sailings you are serious about. But can also look at the same week, same ship, for previous years under stats, hover the mouse over the final price and see the dates the published prices dropped for regular, senior, etc. However, all these BBB type promotions add more wrinkles that complicate the comparisons, but a good start to see if final payment date triggered a big drop. The only percentage of sold I found in past was by general categories (suites, veranda, OV, ) so personally did not find it as useful as knowing the number of AQ cabins and what inventory remained, but likely there are other industry/analaytic sites.

yes. money well spent, IMO

That .99 has upgraded me more than once - along with saving $100's.

Someone mentioned historical tracking over years - not sure if we're talking the same site or not, but if there is a site that allows me to see the price history in a cruise that has already sailed, I'd be very interested in taking a look at that.

That .99 has upgraded me more than once - along with saving $100's.

Someone mentioned historical tracking over years - not sure if we're talking the same site or not, but if there is a site that allows me to see the price history in a cruise that has already sailed, I'd be very interested in taking a look at that.

We were posting at the same time...click the STATS tab, read my post. Good luck!

More and better last minute discounts for me? ...I'm OK with that:D

You don't need to wait...Check out this B2B on RCCL's Explorer OTS right NOW... (not including taxes and tips)

9 October...14 nights Barcelona, Crete, Israel, Suez, Jordan, Dubai for $737pp with $125 online + $250 shareholder OBC

23 October...11 nights Dubai, India, Malaysia, Singapore, for $424pp with $150 online + $200 shareholder OBC

That's 25 nights for $1161pp with $725 OBC! ...with Choice Air flights to Barcelona for $319pp :eek: :D ;)

For Moksha22... Booking through the cruise line looses you money... shop a couple of online sites to save a BUNDLE!

Take the advise of Janet987 for a google search of Last Minute Cruise Vacations. A last minute ticker service

Edited by teecee60

This stuff is not rocket science stuff , it is easy but tedious you have to do the work yourself

To find the number cabins left

go to celebrity UK site

do a booking , count cabins left

Price drop , it is tedious , best to do the work yourself, book mark celebrity page or some other website , and take a minute to check yourself, I got a deal once that was only offered for a hour because I was checking

If find it funny people want a price drop on a cruise and are upset they did not get the $20 saving on a 14 night cruise, then fly first class for a 6 hour flight or spend $500 for a hotel for one night :rolleyes:

repositioning cruises, cruises the week before/after a major holiday, M class ships, cruises that transit areas that are "in the news" e.g. Greece, Turkey, cruises at the start/end of the specific season (e.g Alaska in early may or late Sept.)
Total agree.

One example of a reduced price M class repositioning is the upcoming Oct 18 6-nt Summit from Cape Liberty to San Juan:

Inside $299pp

Oceanview $449pp

Veranda $549pp

...and I think those prices are up from a few days ago.

We were posting at the same time...click the STATS tab, read my post. Good luck!

We sure did!

Thank you for sharing that information, it was exactly what I've been looking for. I wanted a way to look back and see past trends. Had no idea that site housed that much information - Makes it even more valuable.

Total agree.

One example of a reduced price M class repositioning is the upcoming Oct 18 6-nt Summit from Cape Liberty to San Juan:

Inside $299pp

Oceanview $449pp

Veranda $549pp

...and I think those prices are up from a few days ago.

We booked this cruise and got a C3 concierge class for $749 (currently $799) and also got the 123go! AI promo. Guess we rarely get price reductions on our cruises because we book so early. After all, the early bird gets the worm...ha ha!

I booked suite guarantee for 14 day cruise with Celebrity on Saturday which was inside of the 90 day period and paid $3449 per person with a $150 per person military discount. I was told that this was the last suite guarantee available. Then 4 days later they reduced the price for the non-existent suite guarantee to what would have been $3199. I called my rep who of course had left for a long weekend. Then I emailed her and called her back-up who never returned my call.

Finally today I got a call back and was told I could not get the lower price but they did offer $100 per person cruise credit. I asked to speak to a supervisor and someone else came on the line who may have been a supervisor and said the $100 CC was all they would give me. After discussing the subject for about 10 minutes I ended up giving up and taking the cruise credit. After reading this thread I'm not sure I made the right decision. Oh well we want to take the cruise but it will make me hesitant to make a booking with Celebrity in the future since they obviously treat this situation differently with different people.

By the way I am Elite on Celebrity because of the number of RCL cruises I have in addition to one other 14 day Celebrity cruise 10 years ago.

Any comments?

I booked suite guarantee for 14 day cruise with Celebrity on Saturday which was inside of the 90 day period and paid $3449 per person with a $150 per person military discount.

I was told that this was the last suite guarantee available. Then 4 days later they reduced the price for the non-existent suite guarantee to what would have been $3199. I called my rep who of course had left for a long weekend. Then I emailed her and called her back-up who never returned my call.

Finally today I got a call back and was told I could not get the lower price but they did offer $100 per person cruise credit. I asked to speak to a supervisor and someone else came on the line who may have been a supervisor and said the $100 CC was all they would give me.

After discussing the subject for about 10 minutes I ended up giving up and taking the cruise credit. After reading this thread I'm not sure I made the right decision. Oh well we want to take the cruise but it will make me hesitant to make a booking with Celebrity in the future since they obviously treat this situation differently with different people.

By the way I am Elite on Celebrity because of the number of RCL cruises I have in addition to one other 14 day Celebrity cruise 10 years ago.

Any comments?

*I* am on the economic bottom end of the cruise industry's target demographic, so would never even THINK about booking a suite. But YOU can still use many of the same strategies for getting the best deal in YOUR (suite) price range. :cool:

You stated you "want to take the cruise" and since you DID book it, you MUST have thought the price was fair at the time. :o

For the future, know that there are quite often price drops (sometimes HUGE ones) after the final payment date. Take advantage of this if you have the flexibility.

I don't understand your reference to a "90 day period." Most Cruises Lines have a 75 day window where you can get a full refund prior to that time. Is it possible you can CANCEL for a full refund and REBOOK (with a better T/A) at the lower price? :confused:

To ME, (someone who has a limited income and ALWAYS wants to maximize value) it seems odd that with your multiple prior cruises, you would not be more aware of the pricing, booking process, and the risks of booking through a T/A with less than 24/7 service over "a long weekend."

There ARE many people to whom money is quite literally no object, and they are able to book whatever cruise, whenever they want and never worry about the price. The fact that you are HERE, asking for comments, is proof YOU are at least somewhat concerned with getting a good deal.

For less than 5 minutes of your time, 2-3 times a week, you could save THOUSANDS of dollars by doing a little on line research. You already use the strategy of accepting a lower priced "Guarantee" instead of a specific cabin.

But ALSO know that OFFERING a GTY rate means the ship has a fair number of cabins left open, and they want the flexibility to upgrade some folks, to allow lower priced cabins to be resold, and the ship to sail completely full. ;)

There are MANY online travel agencies that QUITE OFTEN offer prices that are lower (sometimes significantly lower) than the prices on the Cruise Line's own website, AND they ALSO (quite often) offer added perks such as prepaid gratuities, On Board Credit, specialty dining, etc.

There are some websites that allow you to see the entire inventory of (nearly) all cabins left open on your itinerary so you can predict if prices will rise, hold steady or fall based on time till departure.

I AM curious as to which ship/itinerary you booked. I do hope you are able to enjoy your cruise despite the price issue.

Edited by teecee60

the real test is what happens at 10 minus days.

Clearly their talk of the policy was to generate early bookings.

My summit sailing just had a buck of huge reductions too, we are about 60 days out.

PH down $1600, damn it.

I see you sail alot od millennium class ships. Do you find the price drop steeper on those ships compared to the solstice class? How do you like the connie?

• 3 weeks later...
I've been stalking the 12 night Constellation Istanbul-Rome cruise for months now, KNOWING it was HIDEOUSLY over-priced and under-booked... with OVER 250 cabins of all types still open. :rolleyes:

Final payment just hit and... SHOCK!!! SURPRISE!!! Prices dropped 20%. :eek:

Any bets that prices drop even FARTHER with THAT many cabins left this close to departure? ;)

I believe you are already booked for your fall TA, but just in case. Celebrity has reduced the October 31, 2015 GTY Veranda to $999 PP. Come join us so I can learn more about our stars and planets. 😄😄😄🌐🌐🌈

Well, although it SAYS $999 when you first look, if you click on that it goes right to $1579 even with senior discount. . .i REALLY wish they would get their act together so the prices you see are accurate. I got very excited yesterday by a price that showed up, but when I clicked, it was hundreds more. :mad:

I believe you are already booked for your fall TA, but just in case. Celebrity has reduced the October 31, 2015 GTY Veranda to $999 PP. Come join us so I can learn more about our stars and planets.

Yup! Got a pretty good deal of $799pp for 15 nights in an OV, with $525 OBC! :eek: :D :cool:

I think you would be very pleased with the latest information and pics added to the programs. In just the short time since you saw them, we have landed on a comet, orbited yet another asteroid, and flown by Pluto.

Hope to see you again on another cruise! Have fun! ;)

Online prices are now $859pp inside/ $999pp OV/ and $1349pp balcony, with $75+$200 OBC available.

Even MORE price drops after final payment??? NOOO... Surely NOT!!! :rolleyes:

Three weeks closer to departure and prices are now $649pp inside/ $789pp OV/ and $1279pp balcony, still have $75 + $200 OBC available.

Edited by teecee60

Well, although it SAYS $999 when you first look, if you click on that it goes right to $1579 even with senior discount. . .i REALLY wish they would get their act together so the prices you see are accurate. I got very excited yesterday by a price that showed up, but when I clicked, it was hundreds more. :mad:

I did see the $999 GTY when he posted, and noted they had 2 1A's. Several minutes when I went back to look to see if the 1A's were still there, the $999 GTY was gone as one of the 1A's. They must have sold out of that GTY.

Yup! Got a pretty good deal of $799pp for 15 nights in an OV, with $525 OBC! :eek: :D :cool:

I think you would be very pleased with the latest information and pics added to the programs. In just the short time since you saw them, we have landed on a comet, orbited yet another asteroid, and flown by Pluto.

Hope to see you again on another cruise! Have fun! ;)

Three weeks closer to departure and prices are now $649pp inside/ $789pp OV/ and $1279pp balcony, still have $75 + $200 OBC available.

Nice job on getting the cheapest rate possible which seems to be your objective, and interesting to follow.

But, many people would take the balcony for only $200.00pp more. At the end of the day many people would find that a better deal for a 15 night cruise with lots of sea days.

Here in the UK. I booked a outside ca bin on Celebrity constellation for July 30.2015 .This was booked as soon as the brochure came out in April. Celebrity sent me a email on 2Sept telling me of a offer for most of there 2016 cruises.This offer is buy one and the second passenger travels at half price,plus it comes with a drinks package. I contacted my travel agent and asked if I could take up this offer as a transfer.The travel agent advises me that I cannot change to the new offer unless I cancel and rebook ,costing me my full deposit. I am very annoyed with Celebrity as it does not give any incentive to book early again especially with Celebrity. From what I read on cruise critic it appears there are different rules in the USA and the UK. This will make have second thoughts about booking with Celebrity again.

! ;)

What cruise is that for? It's certainly not the Connie TA

Edited by CathyCruises