Great Cruise With A Few Hiccups

BrnBrok

I had wanted to edit my review of the Grand Princess on an Alaskan Land/Sea trip. But either I could not find out how to do this or once a review is written and submitted it cannot be modified. While most of my review dealt with the Great Land/See experience I did highlight a few issues that detracted from our vacation. At least I can update on this forum and hopefully those who read the forum can also take a look at my cruise review so they get a complete picture of our service experience.

Our wine issue appears to be resolved so that Princess Customer Relations has agreed to send us the amount of money that my review mentioned. While I still believe that our onboard experience was not a good one, Customer Relations has now done the right thing. If I had found a way to update my review I would have done so and I hope that by using this forum my experience with Princess will be more clearly shown.

Link to OP's review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/v-4/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=509872

Helps to know what you were talking about in the first place. Remember that these message boards and the review section of the main cruise critic page are entirely different entities. You do not have to be a member of the boards to post a review, and many who frequent the board daily only read "reviews" pasted or linked to here, never visiting the main page.

I had wanted to edit my review of the Grand Princess on an Alaskan Land/Sea trip. But either I could not find out how to do this or once a review is written and submitted it cannot be modified. While most of my review dealt with the Great Land/See experience I did highlight a few issues that detracted from our vacation. At least I can update on this forum and hopefully those who read the forum can also take a look at my cruise review so they get a complete picture of our service experience.

Our wine issue appears to be resolved so that Princess Customer Relations has agreed to send us the amount of money that my review mentioned. While I still believe that our onboard experience was not a good one, Customer Relations has now done the right thing. If I had found a way to update my review I would have done so and I hope that by using this forum my experience with Princess will be more clearly shown.

Thanks for the review.

Glad to hear that things worked out. As for air thru Princess, you would

be wise to check the details listed for the flights before booking them.

It will list the times travel times, and plane types used. As for equipment

failures and problems, this is something that plagues air travel now days.

That is why it is always wise to fly in one day early as you did. Usually Princess

will have 30 plus flights to choose from. As for the problems of the airlines,

I just few the LHR on the 4th of August and my case is still somewhere, even

thought it was a non stop flight. Things just happen. Glad you had a nice cruise

and got to see some of Alaska.

Glad to hear that things worked out. As for air thru Princess, you would

be wise to check the details listed for the flights before booking them.

It will list the times travel times, and plane types used. As for equipment

failures and problems, this is something that plagues air travel now days.

That is why it is always wise to fly in one day early as you did. Usually Princess

will have 30 plus flights to choose from. As for the problems of the airlines,

I just few the LHR on the 4th of August and my case is still somewhere, even

thought it was a non stop flight. Things just happen. Glad you had a nice cruise

and got to see some of Alaska.

Heathrow is a mess. I've flown all over the world-- huge planes/huge airports, tiny planes/tiny airports-- even a few where they still hand-wrote the baggage tags. I've never had problems anywhere except Heathrow, where I've had my bags delayed twice. Fortunately for me, both times it was coming home and I got everything back a few days later. But I'll definitely be flying through Gatwick instead from now on.

Thanks for those who liked my cruise review. I too am glad that our wine issue was resolved once we returned. To those of you who have not cruised to Alaska yet, please try to do this. As I mentioned Princess did an outstanding job of our land portion. And as a bonus we had a great cruise from Whittier to Vancouver...Seeing all of the natural beauty is something that I will always treasure.