Does the Reflection feel more crowded?

vivi9909

We sailed on the Equinox and the Silhouette. We found that the Porch and the Lawn Grill were valuable additions on the Silhouette and didn't miss too much the Glass Show after having seen it a few times on the Equinox. However, we felt the ship a little bit more crowded, especially around the pool where the fountain area was eliminated for additional chairs.

We plan to try the Reflection for a future Med cruise but are concerned by the nearly additional 200 passengers. We would like to book Aqua for the Blu that we greatly enjoyed on the Summit but we read that it was more crowded on the S-class ships. Is it better now with most of the suite passengers dining in Luminae?

What about the theater? Is it more difficult to have a seat for night shows? Do the bars seem more crowded?

We would like to have comments from recent cruisers in Aqua on the Reflection who could compare with past experience in Aqua class on the other S-ships.

Thank you in advance.

We have only sailed on the Reflection as far as Celebrity goes. I would not say it felt any more crowded than the other ships we have sailed.

It was the largest ship we have sailed on. We noticed that a few times walking from out mid/forward cabin to the dining room.

The only area I would redesign would be the pool area. Did not care much for yhe lounger set up ( face to face vs side by side ).

The pool area was slightly more busy than other ships but it could be because we were sailing during March.

Sorry but we did not book Aqua.

We sailed on the Equinox and the Silhouette. We found that the Porch and the Lawn Grill were valuable additions on the Silhouette and didn't miss too much the Glass Show after having seen it a few times on the Equinox. However, we felt the ship a little bit more crowded, especially around the pool where the fountain area was eliminated for additional chairs.

We plan to try the Reflection for a future Med cruise but are concerned by the nearly additional 200 passengers. We would like to book Aqua for the Blu that we greatly enjoyed on the Summit but we read that it was more crowded on the S-class ships. Is it better now with most of the suite passengers dining in Luminae?

What about the theater? Is it more difficult to have a seat for night shows? Do the bars seem more crowded?

We would like to have comments from recent cruisers in Aqua on the Reflection who could compare with past experience in Aqua class on the other S-ships.

Thank you in advance.

We are Blu lovers so we always sail AQ. We did Reflection in Europe during summer holidays.

It did feel crowded on pool deck/sun deck but I think this was because of so many families with kids were onboard (hence holidays) and therefor a "cabin" not only used 2 but 3 or 4 loungers. Also there have been more people onboard because of that.

However, Blu was still fine for us - peak times with some waiting but nothing really bad. I read about it before our cruises and was a little afraid, but it was not as bad as I thought it could be from reading some postings regarding Reflection and AQ.

So for us, we think that it was crowded a bit more - but not because of the additional capacity but because of the cruise being during summer holidays in Europe.

We sailed on Equinox last year and Reflection in July this year and were worried, as you are, about over crowding due to the extra cabins. We also travelled in Early June last year so we had concerns that might have a bearing too.

Once onboard it certainly didn't feel any more crowed and if any thing a little quieter. :)

Re Blu I would doubt suite people would want to eat there much as Luminae is just so much above all the other dinning options on board in both food quality and service, so I would have thought Blu would be quieter than in Equinox and the Silhouette pre April.:cool:

We did however find the 2nd show on the 2nd formal to be very full although other shows semed to have plenty of spare seats. We also noticed those chosing to eat early at select dining in the MDR had quite long lines until after about 8pm.

We were on the Reflection this past May. This was one of the best cruises we have ever been on. The ship was wonderful and the itinerary amazing. We have been on three other S class ships and did not feel any more crowed at all. The weather in May was just about perfect.

Enjoy!

There was one area that was more crowded on the Reflection. Blu. There are more tables in Blu on Reflection than on other S-class ships. It was a busier place and felt congested. Service was definitely slower with the increased number of passengers being served.

No problems getting seats at shows or finding chairs out in the sun. That was surprising. Also, there was no waiting in the Persian Gardens either.

There was one area that was more crowded on the Reflection. Blu. There are more tables in Blu on Reflection than on other S-class ships. It was a busier place and felt congested. Service was definitely slower with the increased number of passengers being served.

Keesar, when was it? Before or after Luminae became available for suite passengers?

Thank you for your reply and all the others who replied as well.

I didn't feel Reflection was more crowded. The ship is 2-1/2 ft wider than her sisters, and 6-1/2 ft longer. The increased dimensions and other design changes has allowed the addition of extra capacity to many of the venues:

196 more passengers: (3,046 vs 2,850 on Solstice)

- 245 more loungers on its expanded pool deck

- 45 additional seats in the Celebrity Theater

- 118 added seats in the Oceanview Café

- 24 additional seats each in Blu and in Tuscan Grille

- 4 additional seats in Qsine

- 40 additional seats in the main dining room

Yes...more crowded....but not unmanageable,,,,we sailed Nov 2014.

BLU was not a problem for us (pre re-classification of AQ suites, & luminae) , but most other areas were more crowded.than on other S class ships.. Cafe Baccio, central atrium, guest rel and excursion lines, solarium, outdoor pool...aft bar which has a big round bar that segments the area...all felt more crowded than same areas on Silhouette Equinox, Solstice,,,

just our experience..we had a great cruise but Ref is not our fav S class ship...dislike segmented bar area out back, truncated nightclub and fact that the solarium & spa were on diff decks....but spa is awesone!

whatever you decide OP...have fun

I would be hesitant book Aqua on Reflection due to the increased number of passengers in that category. It does not do Blu justice in my opinion. We loved Blu on the other ships but did not get that special feeling on the Reflection due to how busy it was. We thought there was a drop off in the quality of service just due to how many more people were dining there. Dinners took longer. It was not related to the efforts of staff.

I've never been on a Solstice-class ship yet, but I have been on Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas and one of the things I remember hearing before being on one of them was that 6000 passengers made the ship feel crowded and the size made it confusing to get around. Neither is true.

The larger ships do a wonderful job of keeping these huge numbers of people spread over the whole ship without feeling like there are 6000 other people on there with you! They are also great at getting all those people on and off the ship at ports....my husband and I still can't believe how smooth it goes.

We will be on the Reflection in April, and I am so looking forward to it. I'll try and pay attention to how crowded it feels, though I imagine I will be having far too much fun to notice! :D