Live Review of Ruby Princess Alaska August 16th through the 23rd.

kunta67

Introduction

Hi everyone my name is Kent and I'm going to be taking you on our Alaskan cruise adventure. My wife and I will be celebrating our five year anniversary on August 21st and this is going to be her first cruise with Princess and my second cruise with Princess but I haven't been on a Princess ship since 1997.

We recently moved back from Denver, CO back to Portland, OR and the departure point of Seattle is a short hop for us. We're going to be coming into Seattle on Friday night after work with the ship leaving on Sunday. We'll be staying Friday and Saturday night at the Grand Hyatt in downtown Seattle. Hopefully on Saturday we'll be having lunch and dinner with family and friends as well as visiting the Boeing factory up in Everett.

Enjoy coming along on the adventure with us. This is my second live review and hopefully I'll be able to post everyday with the internet on board the ship. Although I've read that the internet on the Princess is relatively slow compared to RCI.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-12%20at%2010.07.30%20PM_zpsbijhrez7.png

410dff16-2d8b-4fc1-8190-bfb4e97c3d6c_zps53qbffns.png

Edited by kunta67

Thank You for your Ruby Princess Live Alaska Review...Looking forward to it.

I see you went on the Sky Princess...It was purchased from Sitmar Cruises where it was the Fairsky...Our first cruise was the Sitmar Fairsky in 1984 and we found that we really loved cruising...after the Sitmar Fairsky was purchased by Princess we went on it as the Sky Princess in 1989...we tend not to go on most ships twice...but we were curious how it would be under Princess...we enjoyed it. :):):):)

Enjoy your cruise!

DH and I will be going on the Golden on Aug. 20th. for a 10 day Alaska cruise so I will be following along. The Ruby is a beautiful ship and I know you will enjoy her.:)

I am curious on how cold it will be especially @ night as hubby and I like to watch MUTS in the late evening. We bought some warm sweats so this ought to work out well.

Hi Keith

Congratulations!

My son and daughter in law will be on the same cruise and they are also celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary. It will be fun to follow your live reports and see what's happening on the cruise and at the ports!

Looking forward to your updates! :)

Edited by fox

BON VOYAGE!!!!!! And Happy Anniversary. We will be looking forward to your adventures on the Ruby. I have the thread bookmarked.

We have to wait until June 2016 to follow in your footsteps. Although we will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary. :D

Cheers, Denise

We're staying at the Grand Hyatt in downtown Seattle and decided to come here in style. Just as a FYI the cab ride from the airport to downtown Seattle is about $40 to $45 depending on traffic and where you're staying. However there's limos for hire right next to the airport taxi stand for a flat rate of $45 to downtown Seattle.

Limo to the Grand Hyatt

a526284949c97d04376ca2a928d942c3.jpg

My wife and I

67ded7bb0ba99f0f8448407d19ecbbf7.jpg

Our plane from PDX to SEA

111c857ea68463425298b51d834c1770.jpg

8c903cda9b4925ad50e6e2a9a38dc9fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kunta67

We're staying at the Grand Hyatt in downtown Seattle and decided to come here in style. Just as a FYI the cab ride from the airport to downtown Seattle is about $40 to $45 depending on traffic and where you're staying. However there's limos for hire right next to the airport taxi stand for a flat rate of $45 to downtown Seattle.

Limo to the Grand Hyatt

a526284949c97d04376ca2a928d942c3.jpg

My wife and I

67ded7bb0ba99f0f8448407d19ecbbf7.jpg

Our plane from PDX to SEA

111c857ea68463425298b51d834c1770.jpg

8c903cda9b4925ad50e6e2a9a38dc9fd.jpg

Note made re limo and pricing for my bucket list cruise when I turn 65! 7 day Inside Passage with Glacier Bay, then a couple of nights ashore, then another 7 day Inside Passage with Tracy Arm Fjord! And in a PENTHOUSE SUITE!

Thank You for your Ruby Princess Live Alaska Review...Looking forward to it.

I see you went on the Sky Princess...It was purchased from Sitmar Cruises where it was the Fairsky...Our first cruise was the Sitmar Fairsky in 1984 and we found that we really loved cruising...after the Sitmar Fairsky was purchased by Princess we went on it as the Sky Princess in 1989...we tend not to go on most ships twice...but we were curious how it would be under Princess...we enjoyed it. :):):):)

I still remember that ship and I'm amazed at how far cruise ships have come from there. Basically there were no balconies on that ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's some pictures of Seattle while we've been out and about.

View of the Space Needle

e4141e7c0f623a1d18077c4871789a4e.jpg

We went into the Downtown Seattle NikeTown

444d02340b35b33a5fdd73c654174e30.jpg

We're heading to my cousins place tonight for a nice family BBQ.

Edited by kunta67

You will surely enjoy this cruise. We did it over the 4th of July. If you have not already done so make sure you book the Tracy Arm Excursion. It goes far closer to both North Sawyer and South Sawyer Glacier than the ship does. You will not miss anything not being on the ship but will see far more than those that stay on the ship. I know this as I have video cameras on both sides of the ship recording what was seen while we were off of the ship.

Stop by the Photo/Video Gallery and say hi to Casey and Erin, the two Video Producers on your cruise. They will do a great job of capturing the events of your cruise and a special DVD of just Tracy Arm. These are well worth buying. I have watched mine many times since getting back home.

Enjoy your cruise and I will be following along.

My review and photos and more can be found at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2235693