Diamond Drink Menu

Sascol

I have gotten champagne/sparking wine in the Diamond Lounge and drinks like a rum punch or margarita. My experience has been that they are pretty strict at the bars about what you can get with a voucher.

I have gotten champagne/sparking wine in the Diamond Lounge and drinks like a rum punch or margarita. My experience has been that they are pretty strict at the bars about what you can get with a voucher.

It sounds like there is some hope of my getting a decent Manhattan or Rob Roy in the DL, then.

Of course, I'm on the Jewel, out of Seattle, on the 4th of September, to Alaska, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It's alright though, because we are travelling with another couple who are on their very first cruise! We don't want to leave them alone, just to have a cocktail in the evening, so the Sea Pass card works fine for us. It's both our Silver Anniversaries, so we'll be toasting a lot anyway!!

Thanks for your help! - Miriam

The Jewel does not have a Diamond Event. They use the Hollywood Odyssey Lounge as a ad hoc Diamond Club.

Edited by bilyclub

I know that they'll make you most mixed drinks with the allowed liquor. But will they make a slushy drink? And/or are slushy drinks included in the category of "non-alcoholic drinks?"

----------------

They don't make frozen drinks in the DL, and it's my understanding that if they don't make it in the DL it's not included on the 3 drink coupons.

Our experience has been that if it's not on the Diamond menu they won't make it outside of the DC anyway. In other words, you have more choices/chances in the Diamond Club than you do elsewhere. But, elsewhere is a lot more convenient.

Also, they try to give you the lowest quality wine possible at the bars for the vouchers.

On the Freedom and Adventure the Sports Bars were pretty good about glasses of wine (nice pour and decent wines). We could have just been lucky.

Tom

They don't make frozen drinks in the DL, and it's my understanding that if they don't make it in the DL it's not included on the 3 drink coupons.

One question here is are those drinks standard fleetwide regardless of where they are?

Or it differs by area? For example, if the ship is in Australia, will they serve local Australian beers instead of Corona?

Yes, our experience has been that they will bring on board local beer along with Vegemite!!:D

Agree with Patti that they will bring local beer onboard but our experience has been that the local beers are not available in the DL or CL or by voucher at a bar.

• 6 months later...

I don't think they have the mint for mojitos, but they will make lots of virgin drinks, sodas, etc. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if they get the fixin's if they find out you like them. They are pretty amazing and accommodating. I would certainly ask.

Tom

We will be Diamond after our next cruise and are non drinkers. However I love a virgin Mojito would this be included or not?
Edited by tserface

They have no Canadian wiskey for manhattans, only burbon.

No bourbon either. Only Jack Daniels, which is whiskey, but not bourbon.

I believe the small, cheap ($3) bottle of water is available! Maybe Perrier, if you asked nicely!

I have never seen this.

They have no Canadian whiskey for Manhattans, only bourbon.

Sadly, as Merion Mom also pointed out, they only offer Jack Daniels Tennessee whiskey in the Diamond lounge, which is not bourbon, and they do not have rye, either straight or Canadian. So no Manhattans or old fashioneds for me.

I did get some very well made Rob Roys, however, though Dewar's is not my first choice for scotch. The bartenders usually defaulted to serving drinks on the rocks if "up" was not requested (except for gin or vodka Martinis, where the reverse was true).