What kind of ID is required for kids (Breakaway to Bermuda)

CanadaJulie

How about a colour photocopy of the passport page with picture?

I do have that but I wonder if it's "official" enough ? Kids in Canada don't have Gov't photo ID until they turn 16 *and* get a learner's permit. My daughter (16) got hers done but all the other kids are 14-15

I do have that but I wonder if it's "official" enough ? Kids in Canada don't have Gov't photo ID until they turn 16 *and* get a learner's permit. My daughter (16) got hers done but all the other kids are 14-15

The learners permit should work for the 16 year old. I know that US citizen kids under 16 do not require an ID so I would presume it would be the same for others.

We sailed another cruise line to Bermuda in April. At the door of the terminal there were Bermudan officials checking both drivers licenses and ship's cards before you could get through to reboard the ship. There were several kids in the family ahead of us. They only had to show their ship's cards. I did hear one of the officials ask the kids how old they were. All were under 16.

If they have a school ID, I would take that ashore along with the ship's cards.

We do not take our passports ashore - just color copies. But we always take a driver's license along with the key card.

Yes. All you need to get back on ship is your stateroom card.

Take a photo ID too. Several years ago we were behind someone who had only his ship card and they wouldn't let him through. His traveling companion had to get his ID and come back with it. Maybe they don't always check in Bermuda but they did that day.

Take a photo ID too. Several years ago we were behind someone who had only his ship card and they wouldn't let him through. His traveling companion had to get his ID and come back with it. Maybe they don't always check in Bermuda but they did that day.

They were asking about children with no photo ID. Of course adults should bring photo ID off the ship with them.