D+ concierge question

All nastiness aside, I would probably try to get in if I was in your shoes. Since I'm not, stuff like this is one of the reasons D+'s will get chucked from the CL.

Thanks. I'm just gonna contact RCCL again and ask the Concierge's email address and explain. On previous occasions, the Concierge has contacted us via email two weeks prior cruising in order to introduce him/herself and ask if we had any inquiries. Since the reservation is linked to my email address and not my niece's, I guess I won't be receiving an email anytime soon. If it doesn't work out, it's fine.

Thanks!

Thanks. I'm just gonna contact RCCL again and ask the Concierge's email address and explain. On previous occasions, the Concierge has contacted us via email two weeks prior cruising in order to introduce him/herself and ask if we had any inquiries. Since the reservation is linked to my email address and not my niece's, I guess I won't be receiving an email anytime soon. If it doesn't work out, it's fine.

Thanks!

Concierge only contact those in Grand Suites and above. Is it possible that you were booked in this type of cabin.

Really frances, I do understand why you would like to get into the CL but the fact is that you are Emerald status and you are staying in a JS, neither of which give you that privilege. Your niece may be D+ but she does not have the ability to elevate everyone in her party to her level.

The knowledge of people working in customer service for RC is laughable - as someone else pointed out you can call again and will get a different answer.

You may have had contact with the Concierge in the past but that must have been because your were in a suite - a full suite, not a JS I really think you should accept the very good - and knowledgeable - advice you've received from people on these boards who know what they're talking about and move on and enjoy your cruise.

that you have zero CL access when you get on the ship.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And this adds what exactly to the discussion?! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The OP is right - some people on these boards really need to chill. He/she was asking a perfectly simple question about lounge access, got answers and thanked the people that responded. The way some people are reacting, you'd think he/she was asking how to commit murder or at least grand larceny on the ship.

Perspective, people! We're all just trying to learn more about cruising, different ships and different lines....

We were in a grand suite 2 years ago and a Royal Family Suite next week and neither time were we contacted by concierge before our cruise. Not sure why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not all of them do. hell we were on the same ship twice (same cabin, even) and one time we were contacted and once we were not. same Concierge too.

and yet once, we were in contact with a concierge who was going to be on vacation for our sailing but she still went ahead and arranged our requests before hand.

Hi, will be traveling the AOS in two weeks aboard a JuniorSuite. My niece (20 years old) is a D+ and the rest of us are Platinum. I was wondering if all the people in the JS are allowed to use the CL given her D+ status and our luggage tag says D+. Thanks!

0P – you asked the same question on another thread.

Royal Caribbean does not extend loyalty benefits to others in the cabin. Only the person with the loyalty status is extended the benefits. If your cabin mate is D+, and you are platinum, you will not be extended D + benefits. What the luggage tag says will be irrelevant, as your particular status will be listed on your sea pass card

Occupants of junior suites are not entitled to concierge access, unless they are diamond + or Pinaccle. If the occupant of the junior suite is Diamond or above, then that person is eligible for the diamond lounge. Other occupants of the cabin are not eligible. Further, the drink vouchers will only be loaded on those cards for folks who have reached that benefit level.

If a phone representative from Rccl told you otherwise, that is incorrect information.

Some cruise lines ( Celebrity) do allow benefit status to all members in the cabin, however, Royal Caribbean does not.

I do hope that you enjoy your cruise, and understand that you will most likely not be allowed access to the lounge. While I am not advocating doing anything inappropriate, the lounge is nearly empty all day long, if your niece brings you in with her for a coffee or a quiet place to sit.

Enjoy.

M

And this adds what exactly to the discussion?! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The OP is right - some people on these boards really need to chill. He/she was asking a perfectly simple question about lounge access, got answers and thanked the people that responded. The way some people are reacting, you'd think he/she was asking how to commit murder or at least grand larceny on the ship.

Perspective, people! We're all just trying to learn more about cruising, different ships and different lines....

Exactly! I think this is the second time I post here and these are the responses I get...

But, you know, whatever... I should have known better by the answers I've read in other posts. Never asking a question ever!

Exactly! I think this is the second time I post here and these are the responses I get...

But, you know, whatever... I should have known better by the answers I've read in other posts. Never asking a question ever!

Unfortunately you are going to get the same answer to this question no matter where you ask it.

0P – you asked the same question on another thread.

Royal Caribbean does not extend loyalty benefits to others in the cabin. Only the person with the loyalty status is extended the benefits. If your cabin mate is D+, and you are platinum, you will not be extended D + benefits. What the luggage tag says will be irrelevant, as your particular status will be listed on your sea pass card

Occupants of junior suites are not entitled to concierge access, unless they are diamond + or Pinaccle. If the occupant of the junior suite is Diamond or above, then that person is eligible for the diamond lounge. Other occupants of the cabin are not eligible. Further, the drink vouchers will only be loaded on those cards for folks who have reached that benefit level.

If a phone representative from Rccl told you otherwise, that is incorrect information.

Some cruise lines ( Celebrity) do allow benefit status to all members in the cabin, however, Royal Caribbean does not.

I do hope that you enjoy your cruise, and understand that you will most likely not be allowed access to the lounge. While I am not advocating doing anything inappropriate, the lounge is nearly empty all day long, if your niece brings you in with her for a coffee or a quiet place to sit.

Enjoy.

M

Thanks for the info! Yes, I posted in another thread 'cause I didn't know where I could get a faster response. We will definitely have a great time. Thanks!

Unfortunately you are going to get the same answer to this question no matter where you ask it.

Unfortunately, you are still being rude and posting in my thread...

I asked a question. I got an answer. and that's it. If you didn't like my question, you didn't have to answer it. Period.

I have cruised with my niece before (on balcony cabins) and have been able to access the CL with my own card, given her D+ status without problem. Since the last time we cruised was 2013, and so many changes happening, I was wondering if this too, changed.

Well, you've had the "official" position multiple times, but there has been no change in this since the last time you cruised with her in 2013, and you should NOT have been able to access the CL with your card since you were in balcony cabins. Since you were it was a fortuitous mistake (and it may happen again).

How strongly the rules are enforced varies by concierge.

Unfortunately, you are still being rude and posting in my thread...

I asked a question. I got an answer. and that's it. If you didn't like my question, you didn't have to answer it. Period.

With all due respect, I went back and reread all of my answers here, and I don't consider any of them to be rude and I am really sorry if you thought they were. You asked several questions and I was just giving you the facts and the policies just like others were. I guess what I posted was not what you wanted to hear.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by cruisenfever

Breakfast, internet access, tour reservations, that kinda thing. We have always received excellent service from previous concierges and like the way they help us every time. My son has autism and it is a lot easier to use the concierge for dinner reservations, tour reservations etc., instead of Guest Services. We booked the JS since there was nothing else available. We were looking for a GS or higher but, unfortunately there was nothing available.

So, that's the reason why I was asking. Not because we want free drinks. But because it could make our time more enjoyable by avoiding certain hassles.

Thanks for asking.

Perhaps your niece could make reservations for the group with the concierge. The fact that you took advantage of privileges to which you were not entitled previously really doesn't pertain here.

To me, this is a pretty rude and unnecessary response. But, forget it. I am not going to start an argument over a question that has been answered already. And I am perfectly ok with the response. I have no problem at all.

OP -

In my opinion, most posting have been very nice to you. You asked a question on two threads and unfortunately many have responded what you do not want to hear. The simple answer to the question you posted is "NO" . Many have gone above and posted many reasons towards that "no".

Such as:

JS occupants , unless D+ or above DO NOT have concierge access - and further on some ships there is no CL for D+ ( just a suite lounge for GS and above and Pinnacle)

Loyalty benefits do not transfer to cabin mates on RCCL.

RCCL phone reps often give you the answer you want to hear - even if it is incorrect.

Drink vouchers, if applicable, will be loaded on cards of those OVER 21

The status printed on the luggage tag means NOTHING

The concierge will not contact those in a JS.

Now, regarding you other concerns, your niece can use the concierge for tour/dinner reservations instead of you going to guest services. I see no reason why you cannot go with her to make those reservations. Since you note that your son has autism and the concierge is easier than guest services, you may want to consider making advance tour and dinner reservations prior to the cruse, That way - there will be no lines for you to worry about and you will get the tours/reservations that will suit you best. Since so many use their own devises and cabin for internet access we find the public computers rarely used and a nice quiet place.

I hope you all enjoy the cruise.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

To me, this is a pretty rude and unnecessary response. But, forget it. I am not going to start an argument over a question that has been answered already. And I am perfectly ok with the response. I have no problem at all.

You've asked this same question on another thread and you were given the same response......just like my post above stated. Again, I find nothing at all rude in my response above as to pointing that fact out to you.

It appears that you are looking for a response(s) that will tell you that you will have full CL privileges because your niece is a D+ Member. Marcie has given you an excellent response above.

Edited by cruisenfever

OP -

In my opinion, most posting have been very nice to you. You asked a question on two threads and unfortunately many have responded what you do not want to hear. The simple answer to the question you posted is "NO" . Many have gone above and posted many reasons towards that "no".

Such as:

JS occupants , unless D+ or above DO NOT have concierge access - and further on some ships there is no CL for D+ ( just a suite lounge for GS and above and Pinnacle)

Loyalty benefits do not transfer to cabin mates on RCCL.

RCCL phone reps often give you the answer you want to hear - even if it is incorrect.

Drink vouchers, if applicable, will be loaded on cards of those OVER 21

The status printed on the luggage tag means NOTHING

The concierge will not contact those in a JS.

Now, regarding you other concerns, your niece can use the concierge for tour/dinner reservations instead of you going to guest services. I see no reason why you cannot go with her to make those reservations. Since you note that your son has autism and the concierge is easier than guest services, you may want to consider making advance tour and dinner reservations prior to the cruse, That way - there will be no lines for you to worry about and you will get the tours/reservations that will suit you best. Since so many use their own devises and cabin for internet access we find the public computers rarely used and a nice quiet place.

I hope you all enjoy the cruise.

M

Thanks for your input. I am trying to plan as much as I can in advance but Im afraid to make reservations/pay upfront since with my son some decisions are made on a day to day basis. I have no problem with the fact that I will not be allowed to "enjoy" the concierge services. When I asked the question, I was ready for any kind of answer. I am also aware that RCCL customer services sometimes give incorrect information. That's why I posted here. You are the experienced ones. I was just wondering if anyone had been in my position before (the fact that I was previously allowed in the CL even though I was on a E2 balcony with my own card and my own access). I'll admit that most posts have been about educating me and anyone who reads it in regards of the policies and I really appreciate that. But, sometimes some people feel that they have the right to judge others and assume things without even asking.

I really appreciate the information you gave me and the respectful way in which you just did. Of course I wish the answers were different, but that doesn't mean that I'm upset. I'll be cruising with my family, enjoying our vacation. Even if we have to stay onboard the ship, we will do everything we can to have a good time.

Thanks again

Thanks!

Why in the world would you even think the Concierge would email you, if 1. Your status is emerald and 2. your in a JS??????:rolleyes:

"not getting the answer I want to hear type", so you go on, and on and on, until you become intolerable....:eek: