Did Cheers Program Change bar service?

Cruisegoer

I noticed on RCL that with the proliferation of the drink packages came the reduction of bar servers around the pool and rest of the ship in general, has this also happened on Carnival? I haven't been on CCL since 2009, long before the fleetwide Cheers program so I'm really not sure of any changes.

I never use drink servers when I am out on deck. They walk around taking orders. When they have what they think will be a tray full, they head to the bar to place the order. While that order is being filled they go and fill a second set of orders and head back to the bar. Now their first tray is probably ready so they head out to deliver them. Once done there, they get another set of orders and head back to the bar for the second set of orders. By the time you get your order it is probably a half hour plus change later and the ice is half melted, if not more. I can get up, walk to the bar, get my own drink, and walk back to my seat in about 8 to 10 minutes

I never use drink servers when I am out on deck. They walk around taking orders. When they have what they think will be a tray full, they head to the bar to place the order. While that order is being filled they go and fill a second set of orders and head back to the bar. Now their first tray is probably ready so they head out to deliver them. Once done there, they get another set of orders and head back to the bar for the second set of orders. By the time you get your order it is probably a half hour plus change later and the ice is half melted, if not more. I can get up, walk to the bar, get my own drink, and walk back to my seat in about 8 to 10 minutes

While it certainly is not a one to one service, we just got off the Sunshine and never waited more than 5 minutes. We put it t the test fairly often as well.

Again, just wondering who believes there are less servers on deck by the pool then there used to be years ago? Not asking for your preference or how you dislike the servers, we are all different.

Just to answer your question without having much experience or specific knowledge...I would think that since in every other venue they have reduced employees and increased workload (e.g. cabin stewards, wait staff), so compared to years past I can't imagine that they would have more bar staff wandering around just because more people would have already paid for their drinks upfront.

It would make no sense to have less cocktail servers since most guests do NOT have cheers, and they don't know until they take your order. A few bucks tip goes along way. I guarantee he will know where you are seated for your next order.

I saw less servers than a few years ago, but since I tip on every drink on top of the auto tip, I never had a problem getting a drink... and mysteriously never once hit my limit.. But late at Night it seems I drank a lot of Coke, and not my actual drinks.

To answer the question honestly, yes, I do believe there are less servers out on Lido deck. At comedy club, appear to be the same amount of servers as before. Shows - I don't often attend, but the one I did recently, it seemed there were a few less servers. I noticed because I wanted a drink and couldn't get one.

When we first started cruising, there were so many servers out on deck that you would get asked multiple times within 30 minutes if you wanted a drink or another. Last two cruises - I noticed noticeably fewer servers and went a couple hours without someone even asking. In fact, I sent my husband to the bar to get a drink.

My husband and I have noticed a decrease of drink attendants. Often we would have to go to a bar to get a drink.....even with extra tipping that we always do. One of our favorite parts of cruising is relaxing in a chair on the deck for most of the day with our favorite drink in hand.

we were on the Dream 2 weeks ago with CHEERs. we found the lido deck service to suck. and that was with tipping extra! had better luck getting up, going to the bar and getting served.

last year on the Magic with CHEERs, service was way way better, so we were a bit let down

We've never had an issue on Lido getting waiters. They are everywhere. Even at Half Moon Cay - many servers - always available. The only time we had an issue getting a drink was the comedy club. They do the tray loading to the max.