quad balcony cabin question

lisalu1970

Hi there, this is my first post so please be kind :)

We are looking at upgrading from an obstructed ocean view to balcony cabin on the Diamond Princess. But I'm having trouble working out the layout of the quad balcony. I have searched the forums but cant find much, so wondering if anyone has a picture they can post or can explain the cabin to me.

Thanks in advance

Lisa

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Finding pictures of quad cabins with the upper bunks down is difficult. Lots of pictures on the web, but not many quads. These are what I found that I know are Princess:

The first picture shows the lowers as twins and one bunk down. This dismays most people - the seem to be unable to sleep in twin beds, even though they can still reach out and touch each other. They prefer to keep the twins separated because if they are together, the cabin steward has to step up on the bed to make up the bunks. There may be other reasons.

Quad4_zpspsl5ysyy.jpg

Quad5_zpszvppwuoa.jpg

Quad6_zpsgrezx09x.jpg

Quad2_zps5pibsasz.jpg

Quad1_zpsjl8c1vh0.jpg

Thankyou Essiesmum. You have answered my question, I was wondering how the bunk not against the wall worked. By the looks of these pictures it appears that one side of the bunk is blocked in by a wall of sorts.

But looks like this may block the vision of the tv.

• 6 months later...

I am reviving this thread because it has great pictures of a room configuration that I think is hard to find. If someone is searching for A258 on the Ruby Princess, like I was, they are looking for a quad that sleeps up to three. I don't know if the same room number on the sister ships - Emerald Princess and Crown Princess - also only sleeps three. Maybe someone who has been in those rooms can tell us. Or, if I get time, I'll call Princess and ask and update this post.

I am reviving this thread because it has great pictures of a room configuration that I think is hard to find. If someone is searching for A258 on the Ruby Princess, like I was, they are looking for a quad that sleeps up to three. I don't know if the same room number on the sister ships - Emerald Princess and Crown Princess - also only sleeps three. Maybe someone who has been in those rooms can tell us. Or, if I get time, I'll call Princess and ask and update this post.

The deck plan shows it sleeps 4 (quad). Where are you getting that its only 3 (triple)?

It shows the same on the Crown/Emerald.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The deck plan shows it sleeps 4 (quad). Where are you getting that its only 3 (triple)?

It shows the same on the Crown/Emerald.

I'm getting that from the customer service agent at Princess Cruise line. When I booked our room -which I will clarify is on the Ruby Princess, not on the ship from which these pictures were taken - it was confirmed that our room sleeps up to three. I know what the deck plan says, but it doesn't apply to the Ruby Princess. Or if it does, the customer service center isn't aware of it.

From the Princess Website....

*Photos, floor plan diagrams, and amenities represent typical arrangements and may vary by ship.

Edited by Silent Penguin

I'm getting that from the customer service agent at Princess Cruise line. When I booked our room -which I will clarify is on the Ruby Princess, not on the ship from which these pictures were taken - it was confirmed that our room sleeps up to three. I know what the deck plan says, but it doesn't apply to the Ruby Princess. Or if it does, the customer service center isn't aware of it.

From the Princess Website....

*Photos, floor plan diagrams, and amenities represent typical arrangements and may vary by ship.

I would trust the deck plan long before I would trust someone at Princess. :(

The 3 things in red above are not talking about the cabin capacity.

Guess you will have to let us know.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I would trust the deck plan long before I would trust someone at Princess. :(

You have a point. It would be interesting to call several times just to see if we received the same answer. In my experience, contradicting information from customer service is an issue with every cruise line we have sailed with.

Guess you will have to let us know.

You bet! If it is actually a triple, it's going to be a worthwhile piece of information for future passengers. I'll let you know in about 11 days.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm back. Had a great time. I just wanted to follow up to report that A258 on the Ruby Princess is definitely a triple. I'll add pictures eventually. :)

On the deck plan, it is rated as a quad, but the fourth would sleep on a rollaway. So as you see it, it's a triple with one upper. EM