barcelona taxis

bleacher

Taking Mediterranean cruise from Venice to Barcelona. Need to leave ship at 6:00AM in Barcelona to airport. Would there be taxis at dock that early or should I make a reservation? Any help would be appreciated.

Yes. I can't remember the rates but do know luggage is an additional cost. It would be good to find out which terminal you will be flying from. Also traffic is not an issue at that hour which is good.

Taking Mediterranean cruise from Venice to Barcelona. Need to leave ship at 6:00AM in Barcelona to airport. Would there be taxis at dock that early or should I make a reservation? Any help would be appreciated.

There should be taxis there. However, if there are a bunch of other people that have to leave at that time there could be a queue. I would be tempted to reserve a private transfer in advance to avoid any possible delay in lineups.

I was amazed how many people got off on self disembarkation early on one cruise. If it is an overnight it might not be an issue.

The problem we have, and granted it is our problem and not everybody's, is that we pack like we've moving and not going on a cruise. We went ahead and booked a private transfer in Barcelona and based on the taxis we saw we're glad we did as there was no way the small taxis could have handled us and our luggage. Actually, at least from what research I did, the private transfer wasn't that much more than a taxi charges and there was no hassle. Based on recommendations on Cruise Critic and another travel site we used http://www.autosvilar.com and they were super.

The problem we have, and granted it is our problem and not everybody's, is that we pack like we've moving and not going on a cruise. We went ahead and booked a private transfer in Barcelona and based on the taxis we saw we're glad we did as there was no way the small taxis could have handled us and our luggage. Actually, at least from what research I did, the private transfer wasn't that much more than a taxi charges and there was no hassle. Based on recommendations on Cruise Critic and another travel site we used http://www.autosvilar.com and they were super.

I totally agree and owe you some thanks as well. Thanks to posts I saw by you on the Spain boards, I booked with them for both our transfer to the port and a visit to Montserrat. We've been to Barcelona a lot and it's one of the few places we haven't gotten to. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.

By the way autosvilar is changing to a different company.

Their email is now - mailto:info@royalroadbarcelona.com and the web site is now royalroadbarcelona.com

thanks again for sharing. We hope to have the same great person you did :)

I totally agree and owe you some thanks as well. Thanks to posts I saw by you on the Spain boards, I booked with them for both our transfer to the port and a visit to Montserrat. We've been to Barcelona a lot and it's one of the few places we haven't gotten to. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.

By the way autosvilar is changing to a different company.

Their email is now - mailto:info@royalroadbarcelona.com and the web site is now royalroadbarcelona.com

thanks again for sharing. We hope to have the same great person you did :)

Thanks. We haven't been to Barcelona for two years so I didn't know about the company change. I'll save it for future reference as it looks like Barcelona might be our starting or ending point for a 2017 cruise we're researching. Going to the Caribbean next year after three years in the Med.

We have disembarked several times in Barcelona in the last 2 years ( it's one of our favourite ports because it's so easy to manage!) and there never was a problem with getting a taxi to the airport even when we went very early. Taxis are numerous and the drivers know how many taxis are needed. They ( not the drivers...;)) are metered and the price is fixed. You pay a bit extra for luggage and if you leave before 6 o'clock. We have never paid more than 35-40 Euros including tip for 2 people and two pieces of luggage.

do most drivers understand English? thanks

most do - but it is always a good idea to have the name and address written down on a piece of paper for them in case ;)

aeropuerto would certainly be understood :)

I agree - some drivers have a limited knowledge of English, but others don#t - but it never was a problem. The word aeropuerto and the name of your flight carrier are quite enough to reach the right terminal.

In regard to luggage: There are smaller taxis as well as vans and there is a dispatcher at the port.