For those who say, "But Disney has a much better policy!"

Except it has to be carried aboard. A bottle of liquor works for two guests, and is easier to transport.

No interest in Disney for me, but it is a pretty drastic turnaround. Plus, between the fare and the overplayed Frozen soundtrack, they should allow folks their booze.

laughingsmiley.gif~c200

Except it has to be carried aboard. A bottle of liquor works for two guests, and is easier to transport.

No interest in Disney for me, but it is a pretty drastic turnaround. Plus, between the fare and the overplayed Frozen soundtrack, they should allow folks their booze.

I guess I just don't need "booze" the way some people do.

I did not find our Disney cruise to be magical, in fact I'd rather go almost anywhere than on a Disney cruise. However I can't recall hearing any Frozen music while on the ship although the movie was playing in the onboard theatre at the time.

I don't see the RCI cruise being a whole lot different than the Disney cruise except that looking at the brochures it seems like there was more to do on Disney and that Disney has a higher price tag.

We didn't carry any "booze" on the boat even though we were allowed, but we did carry some wine and beer onboard, and the current rules still far exceed what we brought with us and what I suspect most people actually bring.

Hey, they changed their policy. Let it go. ;-)

Edited by ewenix

I have no current desire to cruise Disney but when the family travels and being able to bring a 6 pack on board at each port-my guys would be quite happy. :D Disney still-even with what they have taken away seems to have a better policy then Royal still.

Pour yourself an nice large glass of wine before dinner and save yourself the 25 bucks. Easy peasy one would think.

So on a cruise with 3 stops, a cabin with two adults is restricted to two cases of beer and 16 bottles of wine. Somehow that seems like it should be plenty.

Exactly....and I do not see how the OP thinks this even comes close to "mirroring" RCCL.

Hey, they changed their policy. Let it go. ;-)

Heh heh :D

We've tossed around Disney. DW seems overly concerned about Child Infestation but everything I've seen seems to indicate there are places for adults to escape, plus we normally time our cruises to when most kiddos are stuck in school. Kiddos old enough to be stuck there, that is.

I have 0 problems with this. Could you imagine walking into a restaurant around town with your own bottle of wine and having that instead of drinking what they provide? Most places would kick you right out.

In Pennsylvania, it's fairly common for restaurants that don't have a liquor license to be BYOB. But if they do have a liquor license, not only is it improper to BYOB, but illegal, as the establishment is responsible for all the alcoholic beverages consumed in their property, regardless of where it came from.

Disney's alcohol policy is about to drastically change, and it will now closely mirror what Royal Caribbean allows:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2015/08/disney-cruise-lines-revising-alcohol-policy-corkage-fee-effective-9302015/

No more liquor.

Same two bottles of wine.

Disney charges a corkage fee - Royal does not.

My favorite part of the blog post:

"The key change in the policy is the limiting of the qualities of wine or champagne and beer as well as prohibiting liquors and spirits."

I guess you are only allowed to bring on low-quality wine or beer. :eek:

Taking a page from those on here who say I can't say I don't like the behemoths of the seas unless I've sailed them... Since you admit you have no interest in sailing Disney, I feel safe in assuming you haven't. Therefore you haven't heard the music played through the ship.

Having cruised Disney three times including a 7-night cruise this past Feb (so well after Frozen fever hit), I can honestly say I have yet to hear it incorporated into the music heard around the ship. It may be overplayed in your home, but it is definitely NOT so on the ships. (Personally I'd rather have the pleasantly orchestrated Disney music playing than the muzak of the 70s, 80s, and 90s that permeated the Radiance of the Seas. Luckily I can block out that which is not pleasing to my ears. :) )

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

My favorite part of the blog post:

"The key change in the policy is the limiting of the qualities of wine or champagne and beer as well as prohibiting liquors and spirits."

I guess you are only allowed to bring on low-quality wine or beer. :eek:

So they have a typo.

Like RCCL's website is so perfect... :rolleyes:

Taking a page from those on here who say I can't say I don't like the behemoths of the seas unless I've sailed them... Since you admit you have no interest in sailing Disney, I feel safe in assuming you haven't. Therefore you haven't heard the music played through the ship.

Having cruised Disney three times including a 7-night cruise this past Feb (so well after Frozen fever hit), I can honestly say I have yet to hear it incorporated into the music heard around the ship. It may be overplayed in your home, but it is definitely NOT so on the ships. (Personally I'd rather have the pleasantly orchestrated Disney music playing than the muzak of the 70s, 80s, and 90s that permeated the Radiance of the Seas. Luckily I can block out that which is not pleasing to my ears. :) )

So they have a typo.

Getting a little defensive over a couple of joking comments aren't we?

I find that very hard to believe if you are sailing the same category cabin on both lines. Just a quick look at Disney and Allure this December shows similar cruise and cabin costs $1300 more pp on Disney v Allure.

Thanks for clearing this up for us.

So they have a typo.

It just made me smile, reading that they would limit the quality of wine I was allowed to bring aboard. :D You don't have to have the same sense of humor as I (or any sense of humor at all). :p

Edited by Paul65

In Pennsylvania, it's fairly common for restaurants that don't have a liquor license to be BYOB. But if they do have a liquor license, not only is it improper to BYOB, but illegal, as the establishment is responsible for all the alcoholic beverages consumed in their property, regardless of where it came from.

This is the case in most states. The restaurants let you know if you can BYOB in New York.