Hampton or Holiday inn Miami

Doug J

I know hotels have been beaten to death but can a local or past guest suggest either the Holiday or Hampton. We are flying in the afternoon from the west coast for a pre cruise night . Looking for a hotel with nice restaurants in walking distance. I am familiar with Bayside but not other areas of downtown.

Lots of restaurants close to the Hampton Inn; Mary Brickell Village two blocks away is a more upscale urban shopping and dining center than Bayside.

But you can stay at either hotel and visit either Bayside or Mary Brickell by riding the free Metromover.

I would recommend Hampton Inn.

Price includes breakfast.

Nicer Hotel and newer than Holiday Inn.

And yes, I so prefer Mary Brickell Village over Bayside. Lots of great choices for dining and there is a Publix right there should you need any last minute items (cosmetics, toiletries, etc.).

Keith

• 1 month later...

I've started researching hotels for my cruise next summer out of Miami (we live in Orlando and will drive in the day before). I've settled on the Hampton Inn - Brickell, in part because of walking proximity to nice shopping and restaurants, and because Hampton Inn is usually clean and reasonably priced, which is all I need for a 1-night stay.

One thing to note about rates at this Hampton Inn, I'm passing on their "Stay & Cruise" package, where they will shuttle you (1-way, it says) to the port and allow you to leave your car and park for 50% off during your cruise. Turns out, the "Stay & Cruise" room rate is $74 more per night than the AAA rate, and that's before you pay for the parking during the cruise. Well for $80 I can park at the port for my 4-night cruise, so I'm going with the AAA room rate.

Edited by emory2001