Broklyn to LGA

fred 15

That's a relatively short cab ride ... depending on traffic. You might want to reserve a car because I'm not sure how many cabs regularly stop by the port. Perhaps a lot!

I live in the neighborhood but have not been by the port when ships are in.

The local car service we use is Promenade. (718) 858-6666. I think the last time we asked them about the trip from Brooklyn Heights to LGA we were surprised at the fare since it can be done in 20 minutes, but they are reliable.

Mura

When I saw the OP's question, I immediately thought he/she was wrong about docking in Brooklyn. I checked the Oceania website to make sure I knew which ship and then checked the NY Cruise Terminal website. Lo and Behold, Regatta docks in Brooklyn on September 20.

The reason I cared --- we board Regatta on September 20 and our blue booklet that arrived in July clearly shows that we embark at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal!

I phone call to Oceania (and yes, I got a live person very quickly) determined that it is indeed Brooklyn on that date.

I am sailing out of Brooklyn on the Regal Princess 10/25. On the itinerary it does say Manhattan or Brooklyn which is quite confusing.

CC has Manhattan.

Boarding pass has Brooklyn.

If you look at the Cruiseny website it says that the sailing we are on is the Canada New England--- actually it is a Caribbean cruise

I emailed them the other day about the mistake, and never heard back....so my suggestion is call your specific cruise line and verify.

Check the ships webcam early on sailing day to see where it actually is LOL

Edited by myfuzzy

Check the ships webcam early on sailing day to see where it actually is LOL

To my knowelge and I use the schedule frequently, the NY Cruise Port Schedule is pretty spot on as to what Terminal, destination not so much.

http://www.nycruise.com/schedule/

Also in downloadable PDF format.

FWIW

Edited by Brighton Line

Some of the people on our cruise, never even realized that Brooklyn existed. They were going to board in Manhattan.............

I wish they had more ships leaving from NYC and Brooklyn, did a couple Princess cruises from there a few years ago and used to live about a mile from Brooklyn pier

Well, hopefully they will realize when they READ their boarding pass LOL. Otherwise they will have a nice three day stay in NY then fly to St Thomas to meet the ship.

As long as they get to the pier early enough....Brooklyn is just across the river so they can hop in a cab and get to the ship in under an hour. :)

Except that we have sometimes encountered horrendous traffic ... which could mean more than an hour to get between ports.

And it is often hard to predict what times of the day will be problematic.

Mura

Sometimes living where we do, we have no concept of how traffic works in other cities. If you are from a small city, where traffic is minimal, you have no idea how traffic can be in Manhattan or Brooklyn.

A couple of years ago, we had a cruise mate who came in the day before, lucky for her, in her trip from LGA to downtown Brooklyn BY CAB, the freeway was shut down mid way for some presidential motorcade to pass through. Lucky for her the driver did shut off the meter for her while they waited, otherwise $$$.