Finally decided what I'm going to do in Nassau. What are you going to do at your next

motleyfan

This would be us if we didn't have a 6 year old who gets excited when the Atlantis commercials come on TV :rolleyes:. This will be our 4th or 5th time in Nassau and my husband and I just really want to stay on the ship. Oh well.

We are not getting the Aquaventure pass because he is just past the height requirement but I still don't think he is ready for the slides. I'm not paying over $300 just so he can play on the kiddie slide. We have one on the ship.

I am trying to find a tour that is just the aquarium and beach but no one seems to offer that:confused:. If they do, it's packaged with a tour of Nassau which we do not need.

Planning to stay on board and enjoy our quiet time. Nassau is our least favorite port. Mary Jane

This would be us if we didn't have a 6 year old who gets excited when the Atlantis commercials come on TV :rolleyes:. This will be our 4th or 5th time in Nassau and my husband and I just really want to stay on the ship. Oh well.

We are not getting the Aquaventure pass because he is just past the height requirement but I still don't think he is ready for the slides. I'm not paying over $300 just so he can play on the kiddie slide. We have one on the ship.

I am trying to find a tour that is just the aquarium and beach but no one seems to offer that:confused:. If they do, it's packaged with a tour of Nassau which we do not need.

You can purchase that at Atlantis.

Am I the only one that's afraid of missing the ship? I would love to go off independently but I'm so scared. Any good tips? I usually end up doing a ship booked excursion.

You will have no trouble if you stay to the main hotels. Just leave a little wiggle room in your return time traffic can get clogged. There are always plenty of taxis etc around the touristy area. However some wait for a full load of cruisers unless you want to give a better tip.

We always do Cabbage Beach. Mainly for the great jet skiing. We have been going to Nassau for years as we have a good friend who is a transplanted New Englander who works there. This time we did decide to splurge on a RIU day pass, we like the resort and stayed there for a week last year.

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you who have enjoyed the Hilton, how is the snorkeling there? I saw on one site that they have a snorkeling tour available. Has anyone ever done it? Would you recommend it? Thanks. :)

The tour is a boat that leaves from either the beach or the pier. There really is no snorkeling on the property. My daughter's friends took the tour from the Hilton and they really liked it.I think they got use of the property before and after the tour too. They bought a package from a website. I'm sorry I don't know which one.

Edited by mamagina

• 2 weeks later...

2nd visit to Nassau coming soon but I don't see anything that interests us. I wish I did. If weather is good, we will get off the ship for a while to take a walk and maybe go to the Pirate museum or something like that.

We booked our cruise for the great ship and the other 2 port stops - St. Thomas and Tortola (British VI) far superior to Nassau. Also spending a few days in Florida and the beach we visited before in Nassau (Melia Resort on Cable Beach) is nothing special. It's a beach.

Atlantis - The Atlantis commercials look great... but real videos don't look anywhere as nice. Will cost $285 for 2 adults and 1 child (using Comfort Suites) for the Aquaventure pass or $229 for discover Atlantis and beach break (ship excursion price)... plus overpriced food and drinks. So... a few hundred dollars to visit an aquarium (sure it's nice but we have a major size aquarium at home), reviews say long lines at slides (better waterparks at other places and waterslides on the ship), the public beach, and way-overpriced food and drinks. And if bad weather, they can close the slides or it's just not enjoyable.

2nd visit to Nassau coming soon but I don't see anything that interests us. I wish I did. If weather is good, we will get off the ship for a while to take a walk and maybe go to the Pirate museum or something like that.

We booked our cruise for the great ship and the other 2 port stops - St. Thomas and Tortola (British VI) far superior to Nassau. Also spending a few days in Florida and the beach we visited before in Nassau (Melia Resort on Cable Beach) is nothing special. It's a beach.

Atlantis - The Atlantis commercials look great... but real videos don't look anywhere as nice. Will cost $285 for 2 adults and 1 child (using Comfort Suites) for the Aquaventure pass or $229 for discover Atlantis and beach break (ship excursion price)... plus overpriced food and drinks. So... a few hundred dollars to visit an aquarium (sure it's nice but we have a major size aquarium at home), reviews say long lines at slides (better waterparks at other places and waterslides on the ship), the public beach, and way-overpriced food and drinks. And if bad weather, they can close the slides or it's just not enjoyable.

Yeah Atlantis is definitely not cheap lol

Oh my goodness spidybabe I thought DW and I were the only ones who did this double header! No one else ever seems to be there when we go. For extra fun if you are into cigars, book a cigar making class ($75) at Graycliff and learn how to roll cigars. I did it two trips ago and it was a blast. First one looked like a big Jamaican spliff, but the third one was pretty decent (Graycliff makes some of the best cigars on the market). Plus the pool there is fantastic. The Watlings distillery is a pretty short visit but the bar there is great if you like frozen daiquiris.

Last trip we did the Tru Bahamian walking food tour which was a lot of fun, but you have to be able to really walk some ways.

We will be back at Thanksgiving and I think we will hit Graycliff and Watlings again. Twenty minutes walk there and back

This is what I want to do. Is the walk safe? We would be a group of eight.

• 7 months later...
I hope you have fun, just realize how overpriced [del]the food [/del] everything is. I was going to go to Atlantis as well but a friend of mine who has been to Nassau 4 other times said with it not being all inclusive and how overpriced everything is it's probably the most Americanized thing on the Island

FTFY

Which is pitiful since it's waaaay overpriced than Disney where you can at least get 14 hours out of a day pass!

We always do Cabbage Beach. Mainly for the great jet skiing.

Hi! Can you (or anyone familiar) please elaborate on this?

Edited by ttnc4me