Finally decided what I'm going to do in Nassau. What are you going to do at your next

motleyfan

It's a yatch race. And you work as part of the crew so every person on the excursion has a job, and you do a 12m race. The one in St Maarten has the actual Stars and Stripes, Nassau obviously does not.

The Nassau one just emailed me back, you have to have a group of at least 12 and its 100.00 pp, same price I paid in at Maarten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you pay them to do a job? You are basically working for free wait no not free you are paying them to work

No, you are paying for an amazing, exciting, breathtaking once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Yes. You are manning gear on a racing yacht. Everyone has to work together to achieve results. Those racing sailboats can work up quite a bit of speed. Think of it like going to fantasy baseball camp or going to the Richard Petty Experience. You get a taste of a racing machine.

So you pay them to do a job? You are basically working for free wait no not free you are paying them to work

It's a great way to kind of dip your toes into how to sail, and very informative - you can choose a job as chill as "time keeper" or "Bartender" but I recommend choosing an active job if you can.

It's such a thrill, it's one of the top rated excursions in St. Maarten, I would love to do it again in Nassau!

Like other people said, you work together as a team, and as any sport, the thrill of winning makes you work harder

Looking for a clean beach, do not need food or drinks, anyone update me on the Hilton and costs? Any other beach reasonable $$?

Hilton I saw on a third party site is 60.00 pp with 40.00 drink creditpp, might get a small meal or 2 drinks per 40.00

Melia might be an option for you. 30-35.00pp and includes snorkel gear and access to beach chairs and such, but no food or drink

Sheraton is also nice, I think it was around 20.00pp for a chair but I could be wrong

and of course, if you go to Cable Beach, I think 5.00pp entry fee and then you can find a vendor for chairs.

Junkanoo, people go to Bikini Tiki Hut, they have mixed prices, someone on tripadvisor said $35 for 2 chairs, umbrellas, and three drinks. Some people don't like Junkanoo though, so totally up to you. I haven't been in a while, so I can't say what the beach is like *NOW* Free public beach, so no fee to entry

Looking for a clean beach, do not need food or drinks, anyone update me on the Hilton and costs? Any other beach reasonable $$?

check out this posting

here is the thread, is an old one but relevant

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=940671

There are a few beaches that dont' require a day pass, but these beaches do NOT have amenities such as restrooms, bar and grill, lifequards etc. Some do not even rake the beaches and can be full with debris. Some beaches you'll find some very nice people.. some you might find some very strange people. Always be aware of your surroundings and stay together.

Keep in mind that beaches like Saunders and Goodman Bay have strong rip tides at times. and no lifeguards or anyone to help you.

Here's a listing.

Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. - public pathway next to the RIU - chair rentals - local vendors selling rum drinks from a cooler. Water can get a bit rough. Vendors sell everything from massages to drugs.

Lighthouse Beach - just outside of downtown Nassau on the western esplanade. This will be Spring Break Central and vendors will be renting chairs and selling everything you can thing of.. including drugs. Restrooms MIGHT be opened, might not.. they are disgusting.. Beach is fine.

Sanders Beach (along West Bay Street) toward Cable Beach.

Just a stretch of unmaintained beach. Very rocky with coral jutting out.

Goodman Bay (along West Bay Street) toward Cable Beach)

Again, a stretch of unmaintained beach. These beaches can be clean some days and littered with seaweed and debris others. Monday are usually bad with debris from weekend parties).

Love Beach (past Comfort Suites) Hard to get to - overgrown entrance.

No amenities and the jitneys don't frequently pass this way.. so unless you have a car/moped or arrange transportation.. you can easily get stranded out here for awhile.

I DO suggest that you go to the hotel beaches which are safe and maintained. It's a small price to pay for safety!

Last time we went to Melia and loved it, but were not looking for a food & drink package. Just wanted pools and a private beach. Loved that is was almost deserted and lots of pool depth options for the kids.

Next time I think we're going to do Blue Lagoon. Wanted to the first time, but the times didn't work out with port times. NCL offers the excursion this time and our port time will be longer as well, so it should work for us.

• 2 weeks later...
I know what you mean, I've heard the food there is really expensive at Atlantis

Pricing is outrageous. Lunch for our family (2 adults and 1 4YO) came to $120USD. Not only was it expensive, but the food was horrible.

OK we decided to get off the ship and go to Tiki Bikini Hut. $35.00 gets you 2 chairs an umbrella & 3 drinks. $44 gets you 6 drinks (splint with your significant other). We're here now. Get here early with 4 ships in port it's starting to get crowed. We're on The Sky.

Oh - gotta go it's time for a drink.

Next up - Escape November 21

OK we decided to get off the ship and go to Tiki Bikini Hut. $35.00 gets you 2 chairs an umbrella & 3 drinks. $44 gets you 6 drinks (splint with your significant other). We're here now. Get here early with 4 ships in port it's starting to get crowed. We're on The Sky.

Oh - gotta go it's time for a drink.

Next up - Escape November 21

How is the beach? Any pictures you can share? Did you walk there?

We were in Nassau in July. It's not a shore excursion through the ship, but we went to the Pirates of Nassau museum. Walking distance from the ship, good tour, very entertaining, and air conditioned. If you don't want to do a beach, I'd recommend it. Cost was around $13/per person.

Pricing is outrageous. Lunch for our family (2 adults and 1 4YO) came to $120USD. Not only was it expensive, but the food was horrible.

Our 10yr old son wants to go to Atlantis but the crazy price keeps me away. I'd rather save my money and go to waterparks at home or Disney World. We are sill deciding what to do. $233 for 2 adults and 1 child just to see the Digs aquarium and go to the beach there.

I also hesitate to pay for an excursion in advance in case it's cool air temperature or raining. Last time in Nassau (November), it was a little too cool for swimming for us.

I'm hoping to find a fun excursion on our own like a speed boat ride or a sailing boat ride. If not, we might go to Paradise beach using public access point, then come back for a few stops like the Fish Fry area for a bite to eat, maybe the Pirate museum, and things like that.

Edited by SeaWatcher65

My wife and I are sailing on Sept 26 and have decided to splurge and do Atlantis waterpark for the full day. It seems expensive but I think the place will be tons of fun and since its our 18th anniversary and we are going without the kids, we can make them jealous so bonus points :-)

My wife and I are sailing on Sept 26 and have decided to splurge and do Atlantis waterpark for the full day. It seems expensive but I think the place will be tons of fun and since its our 18th anniversary and we are going without the kids, we can make them jealous so bonus points :-)

I hope you have fun, just realize how overpriced the food is. I was going to go to Atlantis as well but a friend of mine who has been to Nassau 4 other times said with it not being all inclusive and how overpriced everything is it's probably the most Americanized thing on the Island

My hubby & I have visited Atlantis multiple times - and it's a little expensive but SO worth the money... The pools are gorgeous, the water slides are absolutely amazing... I am sure that my screams as I went down the slide through the shark pool were heard all the way back in Canada) We spend literally hours riding the "Rapids" & the "Lazy River".. When you add the the gorgeous private beach and the dozens and dozens of aquariums, shark pools (the rope bridge over the hammer head shark lagoon is so cool) sting ray rivers etc then it is really money well spent. We have also done the dolphin experience at Atlantis that includes free access to the Waterpark, pools and beaches which was again, amazing ( although the dolphin picture package was expensive) ... All in all I can't say enough good things about Atlantis.. Note: we always book through NCL so we don't have to worry about the stress of being one of those unfortunate folks running down the quay as the ship sails away!!!

It is really fun. Do the slides first (and the lazy river). The first time we went, we meandered around, and wasted a lot of time. The beach is gorgeous. We took water with us (sold to us before getting transportation), and put some granola bars in our bag.

It is really fun. Do the slides first (and the lazy river). The first time we went, we meandered around, and wasted a lot of time. The beach is gorgeous. We took water with us (sold to us before getting transportation), and put some granola bars in our bag.

I know its expensive but tats a good idea to bring some snacks and water with us. We keep telling the kids its a recognizance mission for us to see if it would be fun for them to go to as a family vacation. I don't think they're buying it though :D

I think we will have a blast at the waterpark...