Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

I can well understand eating too many J! They look amazing! Enjoy your New Year's Eve!

Mark_K: Happy New Year to All! Jeff' date=' the[b'] mussels look delish[/b].

YES, the mussels do look wonderful. How is it possible to have too much good seafood?

In many parts of the world, it is already 2016!! Would have loved to have been in Sydney, Australia, for their spectacular New Years Eve fireworks. How did it look? See below! Maybe there will be a future opportunity for us to be there to participate for this celebration in maybe the world's best looking harbor setting.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 130,312 views for this posting.

From Bing's web search engine, here are just a few of the great visuals of the celebration to welcome in the New Year in Sydney. Is there a better place for such a wonderful fireworks show?:

Jan2016PixsA1_zpsf78uxdxm.jpg

Jan2016PixsA3_zpsqje7gcfn.jpg

Jan2016PixsA2_zpsi3j3abd5.jpg

Jan2016PixsA5_zpszwcpxuul.jpg

Jan2016PixsA4_zpsdbynphhd.jpg

"It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me And I'm feeling good" Like Nina Simone sang. Morning coolers! I seem to be having trouble sleeping...up since 3 am. I may well crash later but for now it is a wonderful day to be alive! :)

Mysty, you are not alone...for the first time in years l stayed up to see the new year in then just couldn't get to sleep!! I'm guessing your insomnia is due to a certain WC......[emoji6]

Lovely pics Terry.......good to see you here again Karin....

Chill day today, have to reserve some strength for a shopping spree with DD tomorrow in Chester.....

S[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me And I'm feeling good" Like Nina Simone sang. Morning coolers! I seem to be having trouble sleeping...up since 3 am. I may well crash later but for now it is a wonderful day to be alive! :)

On New Year's you're supposed to go to bed at 3am, not get up at 3am. 🙃

Not that I followed that, I was in bed before 10.

We all know why, mysty - you have done everything you can possibly do to ensure all goes well with the adventure, and are now in that blissful state of just anticipating, prior to leaving home - soon , I guess. Do you get a pre-cruise hotel and maybe gala, since you are doing the whole thing?

From now on it is all about being looked after by others; no wonder you feel blissful.

Thanks for the lovely photos Terry; we had the same view as your first one when we were in Sydney for the bicentenary celebrations. Only slight regret was that although we had a large window in the little flat there was no balcony, on the North Shore near McMahon's Point.

Best wishes to all coolers again, particularly for a peaceful New Year, above everything else. Last year mainly best forgotten.

Lola

Good Morning all and Happy 2016! We stayed up until 2 AM celebrating with friends who came from Pennsylvania and Toronto to visit. Lots of good memories from 2015 to reminisce about, and looking forward to more of the same this year!

S...Hope you catch up on your rest today. Shopping is not for the faint of heart! :)

Mark...I was in bed before 10 pm as well. Eyes popped open at 3 am and that was the end of sleeping. I feel a little kip coming on. :)

Lola...We have a gala and overnight on January 4 in Miami before we sail on January 5. Between now and then more packing is on the list.

JP.... Celebrating with friends just adds to the enjoyment of turning the calendar page to a bright and sparkling new month and year. Happy 2016!

Happy 2016! We turned in early at 9.30 but fireworks at midnight woke me and they seemed to go on forever and poor fur baby was upset I had to go and try and sort her out then that was it for the rest of the night - eyes out on stalks....

S - I must go shopping in Chester sometime soon it was always my treat in the first week when I came home from school to go there - Happy Times....

Been a horrible day here raw cold..... brrrr

Mary

Ok my lovelies, this will probably be my last post before we board the Whisper on January 5. Lots of last minute to do items to take care of. I hope you can travel along with us as we go. Take care all!

Good Day Coolers......

Eagerly awaiting reports from Mysty!!

No rain in Wales this morn so have been out on my annual half price Christmas Card and Cracker hunt...and mission accomplished.....l know l know....quite mad! [emoji6]

Chester day with DD was lovely....managed to buy a couple of bits for the April soiree and visited the beautiful Cathedral to light candles and enjoy their Dickensian display.

Amazed to see some of the crocus and daffodil plants springing up in the garden already.....such a welcoming early spring sight!

Pup is at day school today so peace reigns until 5pm when he'll fly in like a rocket for his tea....in the meantime it's a glass of red and lamb shank for luncheon....

Sophia [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Evening coolers ......

Tonight we had a delightful programme on UK TV about the 40 years of the Princes Trust ... a charity Charles started with his severence pay from the Navy! It was so lovely and candid and it was clear to see what a loving family they all are. The ribbing clearly the Princes give their dad and the clear sparkle between Camilla and Charles was a delight. And I for one didn't understand both how good the work of the trust is and his commitment to it. It was great to see that his own personal staff come through the trust and to see to see his work with really disadvantaged youngsters.

We are very lucky to have them. :)

As an aside it was lovely to see the Prince's official harpist who was the lovely girl (sorry lady .....) who played for my daughter at her wedding at Whatley Manor some years ago.

Tonight was a simple cold plate of gravadlax and various .... we had ribs and wings and some home made coleslaw, onion rings and cheesy croquets, a couple of day ago ....

Oodles of Bredon has been depleted from our recently renewed stocks!

Jeff

ps. Terrible to see so many countries and people fighting after all these centuries about who is the true heir to Muhamed.

5A403841-CC0C-4ED6-AB03-70C18AEDC369.jpg

EC9F4338-888F-4519-B448-08E68B4C71E9.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Good Day Coolers...... Eagerly awaiting reports from Mysty!! Amazed to see some of the crocus and daffodil plants springing up in the garden already.....such a welcoming early spring sight! Sophia

UKCruiseJeff: Terrible to see so many countries and people fighting after all these centuries about who is the true heir to Muhamed.

specialcruisegirl: Bon Voyage Mysty.....Have the most wonderful adventure

Cold' date=' below-freezing weather[/i'] coming to Central Ohio tonight. Some light snow flakes arrived, but nothing deep or white to arrive. Our local forecasters are blaming "it" on weather coming down from Canada!! It will be down to 11F tonight here. Or -12C. Cold!!! Between Christmas and New Years Day, we did have some of our Spring flowers being "fooled" and starting to come up. WRONG!! That warmer weather was not real.

Have not, yet, heard from Mark and Candy celebrating Michigan's big bowl game win over Florida. YEA for the Big Ten Conference!! And, Ohio State pounded Notre Dame and might up to third or fourth in the final, national ranking for this college football season.

Appreciate Jeff's wonderful ribs and other great foods being shown. Looks very tasty.

Agree on Jeff's frustrations about the Middle East battles heating up too, too much. Clearly there are sharp division about who is the "true heir to Muhamed" and what versions of the "truth" to follow.

Yes, looking forward to hearing all of the details from Mysty as you folks and others board the Whisper to start your World Cruise tomorrow.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 130,935 views for this posting.

Edited by TLCOhio

Terry, that CPT forecast must be looking good right about now... our high today was about 20F, with snow squalls. Finally broke down and put the snow tires on the S6. Chris' S7 has had them for 2 weeks now.

Jeff, the food looks good now but I'm feeling a little blimpish after several weeks of eating far too much. First Barcelona, and then again this past weekend - eating everything we could find in New York. Need some celery sticks and water for a few days, methinks.

Have not forgotten my duty to post Barcelona pics. It will eventually happen. Promise!

Edited by jpalbny

Terry, that CPT forecast must be looking good right about now... our high today was about 20F, with snow squalls. Finally broke down and put the snow tires on the S6. Chris' S7 has had them for 2 weeks now.

Have not forgotten my duty to post Barcelona pics. It will eventually happen. Promise!

Yes, the South Africa temperatures are looking very good compared to the COLD coming in now from that "ice box" in Canada. Only three weeks till we depart.

Yes, looking forward to those Barcelona pictures and details.

This "New Cooler" is now going over 50,000 views. That's lots of eyeballs in a short time period.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 191,560 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

JP, I know the feeling .... I find the yearnings for some things make me wonder whether I am pregnant. I keep thinking about mussels in a green Thai curry sauce .....

Terry, it does seem odd that even with the strange posting pattern we have that we should have over 265,000 views over the cooler's two threads ..... and I would like to delude myself into thinking that it has been a very small part in "cooling" some of the rudeness and lack of tolerance generally in CC SS threads and making life a degree or so more congenial. The dissapointment though remains that some may look on and read but think it a clique that is risky to enter. Some have either been bitten or see others bitten. Some of our bestest members have ventured and now post either regularly or just when they fancy. It's nice to simply chat about nothing important.

So anyone reading and tempted to post for the first time ..... please do. You really are welcome.

I wish I understood why I spend all evening on a couch not designed for sleep but trying to keep awake and then all night in a place designed for sleep but failing. I am now going to attempt a second attempts at sleep!

Jeff

:)