Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Thanks JP! We called the phone number on the letter and left a message for the SS guy we have been dealing with. No return call! We're going to wait and try again early tomorrow morning. Under normal circumstances 2 weeks is oodles of time. However, FedEx is not doing pick ups on Christmas or Boxing Day. That cuts down on the number of days available. And next week there is New Year's Day. Your idea of taking only carry ons looks very appealing right now!

Thanks JP! We called the phone number on the letter and left a message for the SS guy we have been dealing with. No return call! We're going to wait and try again early tomorrow morning. Under normal circumstances 2 weeks is oodles of time. However, FedEx is not doing pick ups on Christmas or Boxing Day. That cuts down on the number of days available. And next week there is New Year's Day. Your idea of taking only carry ons looks very appealing right now!

Ok, good. I am optimistic still that all will be well. But who needs that stress? Fingers crossed...

Yes, we can do a week away, or a long weekend, with just carry on luggage. Not a world cruise though!

Edited by jpalbny

Since Jeff posted his Christmas lunch menu, thought I'd post ours. Big difference here is that we aren't cooking!

Here's where we're going!

CHRISTMAS MENÚ

FRESH HERBS CRISPY PASTRY WITH FOIE GRAS MI-CUIT AND PEAR CONFIT.

SEAFOOD CANNELLONI WITH GRILLED WILD MUSHROOM.

IBERIAN SECRET MILLE-FEUILLE WITH OCTOPUS, ROASTED GARLIC CREAM

AND BABY SPINACH.

CODFISH “MORRO” WITH ALMOND CREAM, CARDOONS AND COCKLES.

DEBONED IBERIAN SUCKLING PIG WITH CASSAVA GNOCCHI, PADRÓN PEPPER

AND PUMPKIN CREAM WITH PASSION FRUIT.

CATALAN CREAM WITH GREEN APPLE SORBET AND ELDERFLOWER JELLY

PETIT-FOURS.

Looks tasty! We decided to go with a late lunch at 15:30 on Christmas Day, rather than a big meal late at night. We arrive in Barcelona 9am Christmas morning, after a red eye flight. Though we can usually make it until night, we figured we'd enjoy the meal more if it were earlier. We'll be sure to take pictures!

Edited by jpalbny

Just to say Season's Greetings to everyone. JP, your menu for Christmas Day looks fantastic, and a good idea to have a late lunch, so you can hopefully stay awake! Fingers crossed for Mysty's luggage, and best wishes to Jeff, Sophia, Spins and everyone else I have at present forgotten in the rush of trying to pack and go away for just 3 days, the A1 and A66 being open, that is. (Floods in Cumbria, where son and wife now live).

Happy and peaceful time to all.

Lola

Thanks DT! We called him yesterday and left a message. Also tried to call his ass't but her message said she was out of the office. They are both probably very busy. Hopefully we will hear something this morning. I know I am a nervous Nellie.

Hi All,

Good to hear all the news. Sorry to hear about the luggage problem Mysty, I'm sure it will all be fine but it is stress you don't need right now!

JP and Lola....safe travels ...hope you all have a fabulous time. Spins....sounds like you'll have a fun christmas with Daniel...children always make it extra special.

I've been out picking up DD's festive order....not as bad as l thought ...l survived! Now cooking the turkey crown for her which she wants for her Christmas Eve buffet.

Had very sad news last night, one of my oldest and closest friends lost her mother...I've been to see the family this morning..it's such a terrible time for them....Mum was a lovely lady.

Sophia [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Sophia! It is definitely stress I was hoping to avoid. I knew there would be bumps in the road and if this is the biggest one I will have gotten off easy!

You are such a good mum S! Truly hope your efforts are appreciated! :)

So sad to lose a loved one and at this time of year especially. It leaves a mark on the holiday for years to come. Hope there is love and support for the family!

OK Coolers, I'm dancing and singing the praises of Mr. Wonderful Sansone! He just called. We are confirmed for a FedEx pick up between 1:30 and 4:30 pm today!!!!!! My stomach has unknotted and I can breathe again! Thanks for all your kind wishes and expressions of support. Muchly appreciated!

Only one? What's poor Myster sipping? ;) Seriously, though, that is great news! Was hoping to see that. We'll have a glass of wine for you.

Only 2.5 hours until we can check in for the BCN flight tomorrow! :D

Since the packing is pretty much done, all that's left is to do a quick water change in the aquarium, and use up most of the remaining food in our somewhat bare-appearing refrigerator. And check that our passports are in the carryon bag... And have some wine, of course!

Gorgeous sunset Mark! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Likewise to you and yours!

Between family coming for Christmas, and planning to leave for Florida early next week, and our daughter suddenly needing day care tomorrow (when we hoped to get a lot of packing done), the stress you were relieved of didn't die, it just relocated. ;)

Mark, Tothesunset and JP you guys are a riot! Myster was wondering what the full out laughter was about! Thanks for the entertainment! :)

Mark, good luck with the daycare and the packing and safe travels to the warmth!