Cozumel with no car seats?

FLIP FLOP GAL

Hello - we will be visiting on our upcoming cruise in Nov, with our two young children. We have no intentions on bringing our car seats...what are our options?

What beach clubs/all-inclusive is closest to the port? (Punta Langosta)

Is there a method of transportation that is SOMEWHAT acceptable without a car seat? (bus??)

.... I would just tell the taxi driver to go slow, because you are holding the kids, and hold on tight.

NOOOOOO!!! :eek:

Mexican law may not require car seats, but the laws of physics will prevail - I did not use seat belts and car seats when I was a kid and have the scars to prove it. :(

Either find a cruise line tour that uses a bus or research a private driver who will provide seat - or better yet bring your own seats that you know are sized appropriately and in good shape. The family cruise board may have other transportation suggestions. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

And if you want to walk from Punta Langosta pier, your nearest beach resort option is Margaritaville. You might be able to secure a day pass from Hotel Barracuda, but I'm not sure about that. There is open beach access just before Aqua World Dive Shop on the south side of MV. If you go left off the pier and follow the palisades past the ferry terminal, on the other side of Avenida Gonzales at the north end of town is open access and restrooms and there are some beach bars in the area. But that might be too far of a walk.

As has been suggested you can walk to Hotel Barracuda and enter via "No Name Bar" - no day pass available, or needed. Although we enjoy going there I don't think there would be a lot of room for young children to run around or play. There is a swimming pool.

I think a better option may be to walk further to Hotel Cozumel and buy a day pass for AI. They have a large pool on the hotel side of the road and the beach area, rocky and probably (brought in sand?) is on the other side (tunnel under road). I haven't stayed long just had a quick stop to look around as we have considered it for when we take grandkids. They have a kids club, don't know if the children are too young - you would need to email front desk to ask.

ToursPlaza have two car seats available for rent for young children according to their website. We have gone to the other side of the island with a 3-year old to Punta Morena, lots of room to run around and play, small pool to splash in.

As has been suggested you can walk to Hotel Barracuda and enter via "No Name Bar" - no day pass available, or needed. Although we enjoy going there I don't think there would be a lot of room for young children to run around or play. There is a swimming pool.

I think a better option may be to walk further to Hotel Cozumel and buy a day pass for AI. They have a large pool on the hotel side of the road and the beach area, rocky and probably (brought in sand?) is on the other side (tunnel under road). I haven't stayed long just had a quick stop to look around as we have considered it for when we take grandkids. They have a kids club, don't know if the children are too young - you would need to email front desk to ask.

ToursPlaza have two car seats available for rent for young children according to their website. We have gone to the other side of the island with a 3-year old to Punta Morena, lots of room to run around and play, small pool to splash in.

Have you ever used ToursPlaza?