Diamond Lounge

accessible 24 hours via your card.

during breakfast hours there will be a limited continental spread.

after that until cocktail hour I have seen everything from a plate of cookies to finger sandwiches.

cocktail hour typically runs 30 minute prior to first seating to late seating. as a general rule middle of the road mixed drinks are available( nothing frozen or requiring a blender). usually one white, one red and one bubbly plus several beers( nothing too terribly premium though) also soda, bottled water and juice/ice tea/lemonade

the coffee machine is supposed to be available 24/7. it does go down for cleaning) or when somebody fiddles with and breaks it)

the D Concierge has limited hours where they will be in the lounge available to take care of things and answer questions.

Ive heard diamond members get 3 free drinks a day loaded to their sea pass ... Is there any truth to this?

We got 3drinks per day loaded on to sea pass. This was last January. The drinks were allowed between 5-8. We also had option of going to Diamond Lounge. It worked out nicely.

Ive heard diamond members get 3 free drinks a day loaded to their sea pass ... Is there any truth to this?

yes to be consumed in the regular bars/lounges.. but you are limited as to what you can get.. basically, the same options as the D Lounge offers. they can also ONLY be used during the hours the DL is serving cocktails.

What are the benefits of it? Is it for Diamond and above? Are there free drinks, and if so is it only during limited times? Thanks for the help!

Not being disrespectful but youve been on 7 cruises 5 RCI and you never knew the perks of the diamond lounge?

Not being disrespectful but youve been on 7 cruises 5 RCI and you never knew the perks of the diamond lounge?

There's always one of you guys lol. If I knew I wouldn't be asking. Thanks. I'll excuse you tho, you're a Cowboys fan.

Edited by JBlock54

Maybe the OP just became a Diamond Member!:rolleyes:

There's always one of you guys lol. If I knew I wouldn't be asking. Thanks. I'll excuse you tho, you're a Cowboys fan.

Here is the menu for what is served in the DL http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44833138&postcount=

Sorry didn't mean anything by it. But personally that was one of my goals years ago when I started cruising. That's why I stayed with RC. But I guess it's not that important to some. [emoji6]And yes I am a Hugh COWBOYS fan!![emoji458]I have a cruise and football starts next month it don't get any better than that.

It may not mean much...but just an FYI...you can order soft drinks too during the time the 3 free drinks nightly are activated on your SeaPass.

Has anyone posted photos of a Diamond Lounge?

We are on the Oasis in January. On our other cruises (Freedom class, mostly), the Diamond Lounge seemed to be a locked door to a room with no windows. We weren't Diamond, so didn't enter -- but we wondered why on earth anyone would want to go in there when there were so many other lovely places to have a drink.

Freedom class DL is a large beautiful room. You swipe your card to enter but there is a full wall of windows, kind of like the side of the Viking lounge. There is also an outdoor patio. One of the nicest areas to sit at any time of day.

I believe the new DL on Oasis class ships is the old CL lounge. Again large windows overlooking Boardwalk. The old DL used to overlook the main interior promenade.

Concierge lounge is interior with no windows, etc.

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

Has anyone posted photos of a Diamond Lounge?

We are on the Oasis in January. On our other cruises (Freedom class, mostly), the Diamond Lounge seemed to be a locked door to a room with no windows. We weren't Diamond, so didn't enter -- but we wondered why on earth anyone would want to go in there when there were so many other lovely places to have a drink.

each ship's lounge will be different. some are beautiful with great views, others are all inside.

I will tell you why we use the lounge( albeit the CL for suites as we are not yet Diamond in our own right)

One the drinks are free flowing( as in we can drink as much as we ant, we are not limited to just three.)

two: the company. I know you can get that anywhere, but we often find old friends from past cruises there. its a far more intimate atmosphere to have a chat.

three; that coffee machine. why buy a latte when you can make your own for nuthin?!

four: appetizers/canapes pre dinner. not a huge fan of the Vintages offerings( olives..blerch)