winner of the day

Just today this came up in this forum in the Ads section down the bottom of the page. Apparently if a ring a number in Sydney I win a $3000 package and a Disney pass. anyone had this happen to them.: Wonder if CC is aware. ? a scam.

Edited by happysnapper

Just today this came up in this forum in the Ads section down the bottom of the page. Apparently if a ring a number in Sydney I win a $3000 package and a Disney pass. anyone had this happen to them.: Wonder if CC is aware. ? a scam.

The ads , as far as I am aware , are all placed by google and are aimed at your interests.

I have been looking around the net for a new car lately and most of the ads that come up on my CC pages are now advertising cars that are for sale.:D

As far as winning packages is concerned I have found that most of them are simply putting your name in a draw along with tousands of others for a draw that may or may not happen, and in the mean time they have your address to send more advertising to.

The ads , as far as I am aware , are all placed by google and are aimed at your interests.

I have been looking around the net for a new car lately and most of the ads that come up on my CC pages are now advertising cars that are for sale.:D

As far as winning packages is concerned I have found that most of them are simply putting your name in a draw along with tousands of others for a draw that may or may not happen, and in the mean time they have your address to send more advertising to.

I don't think CC has any say over most of the ads.

It is my understanding they just rake in a small amount from each ad space based on the page views and ad clicks. I would agree with the others that CC would be very unlikely to know what is placed on each person's page. We don't see much of the ads as we use chrome with ad blocker.

If you don't want the ad's, use something like Firefox with Ad-Blocker.;)