Regal Princess Review

sandy999

Hi all,

Just back from a cruise on the Regal and thought I would post my thoughts. I have previously sailed on the Sapphire and Caribbean ships.

Pros

The ship was sold out but we didn't really notice any more delays in the dining room or when disembarking.

Generally all areas seemed larger because of the size of the ship for example the horizon court and piazza.

The crew were friendly and helpful.

Felt no movement on board. Sea seemed calm, but even so it was very smooth.

So many balcony cabins.

Entertainment was much better than on the Sapphire and Caribbean. This seemed to be timed so that there was always something on in One Part of the ship.

Shuttle buses were arranged to transfer from some of the ports. These were not delayed until after the ship excursions had left. Had this issue on the sapphire previously.

Coffee had improved. It used to be camp coffee, but it is definitely better. I don't think I would bother with a coffee card in future.

Cons

No stairs mid ship? This was inconvenient as you had to wait for a lift or avoid mid ship.

Food arrived warm rather then hot. Not sure if this was because of greater passenger numbers or just our bad luck.

Gluten free items were not sign posted in the buffet. We had to ask and wait while they checked with the kitchen. Only 1 dessert was gluten free in the international cafe. I think this was the same on all ships tho. We had no issues in the dining room, as we were able to order from the menu and it would be prepared gluten free if possible, even the British fish and chips on the crown grill.

Ship was enormous, but I didn't notice any additional facilities. I know some large ships have ice rinks etc.. Also as the ship was so big, we couldn't get into some ports, so missed out by having to take and pay for transfers, losing travel time and also not seeing the lovely scenery on the way into cities.

I did enjoy the cruise, but I am not sure I would sail on a ship this size again.

Baltic itinerary was great and only included 2 sea days which for me was a bonus.

Anyone been on a cruise which had the star gazing ? Would be interested to hear about this.

I forgot to mention that we won the Elite package in the captain's circle draw. Free mini bar, laundry service and 250 internet minutes.

On the last sea day we ordered afternoon tea in our cabin. One full tray of gluten free sandwiches and scones/biscuits [emoji3]. We didn't eat much at dinner that night.

Elite was an excellent benefit. I wish they would lower the price point for Internet, but after 2 more cruises I will be platinum so will get the free minutes.

Thanks for taking the time for the review.

Lack of central staircase is a popular remark. We found it takes one minute to walk to either forward or aft staircase, about the time you would wait for a lift on most days. Benefit of some extra footsteps is a good thing.

We won the elite package in the draw that took place at the captain's circle party. Anyone who has cruised on princess before receives an invite. The first draw was for the elite package for the remainder of the cruise and the next 2 draws were for a bottle of champagne. We were also invited to the platinum a and elite party which had similar prize draws.

Thanks for your review. I gather you didn't get to sail directly into Stockholm which would be disappointing, but I don't think it was solely the size of the ship. There have been some reports of the ship sailing the archipelago on other dates this summer. Hope you enjoyed your cruise.:)