Cuban Cigars can we...

mousey

I'm the original OP. I thank you all for your opinions. I made my decision that I will not be bringing back Cuban cigars from Cabo after the first poster that said it's not legal. My dad won't even know I was thinking about this...it was going to be a surprise. But until it's legal to do so...I'm just not going to do it. I may not agree with the embargo but I do respect our U.S. laws. That's the end of this thread for me.

I'm the original OP. I thank you all for your opinions. I made my decision that I will not be bringing back Cuban cigars from Cabo after the first poster that said it's not legal. My dad won't even know I was thinking about this...it was going to be a surprise. But until it's legal to do so...I'm just not going to do it. I may not agree with the embargo but I do respect our U.S. laws. That's the end of this thread for me.

As another poster suggested, the Dominican Republic has some excellent cigars your father may like. Granted, they won't carry the sentimental value but for the purpose of smoking, they are great.

I'm more concerned about seeing another "first" in the oval

Office 😱

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone competent.......if that is what you mean then that person isn't running as of yet on either side.

You want Hillary in office and you're talking about others drinking koolaid? What a hoot!!! :rolleyes:

Did you not read that I was concerned? Of course you didn't

The word concerned doesn't really lend itself to positive thought

Edited by luvtheships

Yes, you can buy up to $100 dollars worth of Cuban cigars, and bring them back into the U.S. $100 may get you between 4-6 good sticks. Prices are not cheap!!! Most places that have them for cheap are fakes!!!! The only places to trust are LCDH's (La Casa Del Habano) located throughout the Caribbean, or Havana Humidor inside the Atlantis in Nassau. Anyplace else, I would stay away from. For more information, visit the Cruise Critic Cigar Aficionado Group or LCDH websites listed below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=905784

http://lacasadelhabano.com/web/index.php/en

Edited by sjcruiser

Did you not read that I was concerned? Of course you didn't

The word concerned doesn't really lend itself to positive thought

The word concerned can be taking different ways. Such as I am concerning myself more with getting into office the other first. ;)

Yes, you can buy up to $100 dollars worth of Cuban cigars, and bring them back into the U.S. $100 may get you between 4-6 good sticks. Prices are not cheap!!! Most places that have them for cheap are fakes!!!! The only places to trust are LCDH's (La Casa Del Habano) located throughout the Caribbean, or Havana Humidor inside the Atlantis in Nassau. Anyplace else, I would stay away from. For more information, visit the Cruise Critic Cigar Aficionado Group or LCDH websites listed below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=905784

http://lacasadelhabano.com/web/index.php/en

Not true. You can only bring back Cuban cigars if you visit Cuba.

Seriously, the world isn't going to come to an end if someone buys a couple cigars. :rolleyes: be careful of knock offs. Good cigars will be kept in a humidor from what I've been told. If they are sitting out on a counter they are probably junk. (This is what I was told, I do not smoke). They will also be expensive so a $5 cigar will not be a real Cuban.

Last year while we stayed in Cuba, there was a man in the lobby who hand-rolled cigars for you while you waited. I ended up buying 5 of them and bringing them home with me.

My buddies and I enjoyed them one night and I must say I have never been that wrecked before. I swear smoking that cigar was like drinking 20 rum and cokes in an hour! Could barely walk and talk, so I laid down on the sofa with a ice pack on my forehead. :D

Seriously, the world isn't going to come to an end if someone buys a couple cigars. :rolleyes: be careful of knock offs. Good cigars will be kept in a humidor from what I've been told. If they are sitting out on a counter they are probably junk. (This is what I was told, I do not smoke). They will also be expensive so a $5 cigar will not be a real Cuban.

No, the world isn't coming to an end because of buying a couple of cigars. The world (or at least the civilized part of it) is coming to an end because almost everyone thinks the rules/laws don't apply to them and they can do whatever they want. :rolleyes:

legally buy them now and bring them back to the U.S.? Our embassy in Cuba is open for business so I was wondering if that means we may now purchase Cuban products legally. I would love to bring some back for my dad who used to love his Cubans.

I'll be traveling on the Miracle in December to the Mexican Riviera where I know they sell Cuban cigars because the DH and BIL used to have one when we visited him at his timeshare. They never attempted to bring any back into the U.S. though.

I wish the BIL were alive now so that he could bring some back for himself if they are now allowing it.

Just take the labels off and that's that. If they ask you, say you brought them on board from home and are now taking them off with you.

• 4 months later...

Can I import or bring Cuban cigars into the U.S. for personal use?

Persons authorized to travel to Cuba may purchase alcohol and tobacco products while in Cuba for personal consumption while there. Authorized travelers may return to the United States with up to $100 worth of alcohol and/or tobacco products acquired in Cuba in accompanied baggage, for personal use only.

Purchasing Cuban-origin cigars and/or Cuban-origin rum or other Cuban-origin alcohol over the internet or while in a third country (i.e. not Cuba) remains prohibited.

For more information about travel to Cuba, please see the Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).

legally buy them now and bring them back to the U.S.? Our embassy in Cuba is open for business so I was wondering if that means we may now purchase Cuban products legally. I would love to bring some back for my dad who used to love his Cubans.

I'll be traveling on the Miracle in December to the Mexican Riviera where I know they sell Cuban cigars because the DH and BIL used to have one when we visited him at his timeshare. They never attempted to bring any back into the U.S. though.

I wish the BIL were alive now so that he could bring some back for himself if they are now allowing it.

MOST, if not ALL, cuban marked cigars in the Caribbean are not from Cuba, was told alot are from Honduras, which are probably not that bad. I do not smoke.

The hand rolled cigars found at ViaCigars in Nassau is the best and smoothest "cuban" (made with Nicaraguan tobacco) cigars I've found so far. He's located right across from the port entrance in that restaurant with outdoor seating. He's got everything from light to strong cigars. Look him up on youtube.