Oasis Re-routed

Yup! Here's the new itinerary. We set sail in a few hours!

DatePortArriveDepart

Saturday, August 22, 2015Fort Lauderdale 4:30 PM

Sunday, August 23, 2015Nassau, Bahamas7:00 AM6:00 PM

Monday, August 24, 2015Cruising

Tuesday, August 25, 2015Cruising

Wednesday, August 26, 2015Costa Maya, Mexico8:00 AM6:00 PM

Thursday, August 27, 2015Cozumel, Mexico8:00 AM7:00 PM

Friday, August 28, 2015Cruising

Saturday, August 29, 2015Fort Lauderdale6:15 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had that happen to us when Hurricane Emily was happening in 2005. That same cruise we had to rescue a man that was blown out to sea on his jet ski (and had been there for a couple of days!)

Same thing with us in August 2009 (hurricane Dave) on Disney Magic. We counted 14 ships in Cozumel the day we were there:eek:

Interesting itinerary and quite different from their usual western itinerary. At least anyone on back to backs will see some different ports.

As Western itineraries go, this would be a really good B2B:)

What happens if you're on this cruise and you've booked excursions on the OTHER itinerary? I know RCL will refund your excursions if the ship CANNOT make it to the port - but is that the norm with the others?

As a planner - it would take me a couple cocktails and a xanax to have my itinerary COMPLETELY changed. Eh - I'd still have fun. I'd at least be cruising!

What happens if you're on this cruise and you've booked excursions on the OTHER itinerary? I know RCL will refund your excursions if the ship CANNOT make it to the port - but is that the norm with the others?

As a planner - it would take me a couple cocktails and a xanax to have my itinerary COMPLETELY changed. Eh - I'd still have fun. I'd at least be cruising!

If you had booked shipboard excursions, and the ship did not visit the ports where you had those excursions, you would get refundable OBC.

Most privately-booked excursions also refund if the ship can't make it to the port for any reason.

We just boarded Oasis. Heading to the Spa to change appointments if we can. Sea days are now port days. No big deal. Hoping the people in the Eastern islands we just bypassed are safe. Gerry

Went to Costa Maya a year or so ago - it's now on the top of my list of favorite ports! Not commercial at all! We had massages on the beach for $35/hour!

I've had an itinerary completely rearranged after we sailed, including a port cancelled and another added. Luckily I had my laptop with me, so I was able to contact tour providers. I had one tour cancelled, a replacement booked, and some other things rescheduled within about 6 hours of hearing of the rerouting. In my experience, most of the tour providers who do a lot of business with cruisers are very willing to work with customers when these types of things happen.

We book our shore excursions through ShoreExcursioneer.

If the ship does not make it to the port they automatically refund your deposits. No worries.

We recently had to cancel a cruise due to a business conflict and had 4 excursions booked through them. I e-mailed them and within an hour had a response that the cancellations were taken care of and the refund wass was in progress. The refund of our deposits hit the credit card within 3 days. Great service, which is why we continue to use them.

Would never prepay an independent vendor before the cruise or give them a CC #. If they want payment before I don't use them. We pay at the port or after the tour is over

Most independant tour operators will give a full refund if the ship does make it to port. At least that has been our experience. We have never been charged for a missed port. Happens often in the Cayman Islands. Once or twice we made it to port, but the seas were too rough that be independent as well as ship snorkeling tours were cancelled. Money was immediately refunded from private vendor.

As for the initial post – we are leaving on the freedom Sunday (tomorrow) and have not heard a thing about our eastern itinerary cruise.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Local news report this morning (Orlando Fox affiliate) that the Oasis of the Seas has changed this week's itinerary from an Eastern route to a Western route due to Danny.

We had the same thing happen on a Princess cruise. gGad to miss any bad weather when I'm on a cruise.

Most independant tour operators will give a full refund if the ship does make it to port. At least that has been our experience. We have never been charged for a missed port. Happens often in the Cayman Islands. Once or twice we made it to port, but the seas were too rough that be independent as well as ship snorkeling tours were cancelled. Money was immediately refunded from private vendor.

As for the initial post – we are leaving on the freedom Sunday (tomorrow) and have not heard a thing about our eastern itinerary cruise.

M

From Royal's website

Freedom of the Seas

Freedom of the Seas will not be able to call on St. Thomas and St. Maarten as originally scheduled. Instead, the ship will sail to Montego Bay, Jamaica, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, Mexico, in an effort to try to find the calmest seas possible.