Good things for those who wait...

teecee60

Cruising Celebrity for $50pp/day??? Must be a DREAM! :rolleyes:

Except that right now you can get a 12 night Holy Land cruise on Constellation, from Istanbul to Rome for $699pp, followed by a 15 night Transatlantic to Fort Lauderdale for $759pp... with $700 OBC! :eek:

I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore... and Bobby Ewing is back in the shower, AGAIN! :p

Edited by teecee60

There are a few great deals in the next few weeks. Sky suites for around £100 per person per night etc. Plus OBC and a drinks package or prepaid gratuities etc.

So much for Celebrity claiming they'd be no sales after final payment.

Edited by Mynki

Cruising Celebrity for $50pp/day??? Must be a DREAM! :roll eyes: Except that right now you can get a 12 night Holy Land cruise on Constellation, from Istanbul to Rome for $699pp, followed by a 15 night Transatlantic to Fort Lauderdale for $759pp... with $700 OBC! :eek: I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore... and Bobby Ewing is back in the shower, AGAIN! :p

Yes, sounds super great. BUT, unfortunately, it does not work on our fall schedule. Cute comment with Bobby Ewing and it maybe being a dream.

THANKS for sharing! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 116,592 views for this posting.

Except that right now you can get a 12 night Holy Land cruise on Constellation, from Istanbul to Rome for $699pp, followed by a 15 night Transatlantic to Fort Lauderdale for $759pp... with $700 OBC! :eek:

I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore... and Bobby Ewing is back in the shower, AGAIN! :p

As usual, you pretend like taxes and port fees don't exist. The "$699" per person is actually $838 per person. Big difference when your base amount is so low. Keep right on dreaming.

Also, even if you do take your rates at face value, you're paying $54pp/day - not $50. (1458/27 is $54). Precision is important, as is disclosing the source of the OBC, which certainly isn't available to anybody.

Edited by gergles

Those are excellent prices, I know cause we booked these two cruises over a year ago...have gotten a couple price adjustments, but nowhere near these prices....we wanted to stay in the same cabin on the B2B and there are several of us traveling together....but I am jealous. :o. Maybe we will meet up on the ship.

I just hope they don't blow up Israel and Turkey and disrupt our itinerary!! These are on out bucket list.

Enjoy! Congrats

Dolores

Edited by hillslife

Those are excellent prices! Maybe we will meet up on the ship.

We are only on the transatlantic leg, but I'm HOPING you guys will enjoy the astronomy programs! ;)

As usual, you pretend like taxes and port fees don't exist. The "$699" per person is actually $838 per person.

Keep right on dreaming.

Also, even if you do take your rates at face value, you're paying $54pp/day - not $50. (1458/27 is $54).

Precision is important, as is disclosing the source of the OBC, which certainly isn't available to anybody.

Precision IS important...

ALL of the On Board Credit IS available to ANYONE and EVERYONE who is intelligent enough to book through the online agency which is offering $250 of the $700 total... :)

ALL of the On Board Credit IS available to ANYONE and EVERYONE who is a shrewd enough investor to hold RCCL stock, which provides the other $450 of the $700 total... :cool:

If you add in the $99.80pp taxes on the transatlantic leg, to the $139pp you quote for the Med leg, that comes to a total of $478 which is ALL easily covered by the $700 OBC. :D

The remaining $222 eliminates that last $4pp/day ($216) you are concerned about, with almost enough left to buy a drink in which drink to drown some sorrow. ;)

I will quite happily continue to "Keep right on dreaming."

Edited by teecee60

Yes, if you have $9,000 to dump into RCCL stock, you can indeed get $450 in non-refundable OBC spread across your 2 cruises. Let me know when you can use OBC to pay port fees and taxes, and when 'everyone' has 9 grand sitting around waiting for an investment opportunity.

Your OBC values are, of course, possible; I don't doubt that you've done it. But posting these prices misleads the vast majority of cruisers and even people who read this forum. It's important that everyone know the full details of how you choose to calculate and present these jaw-dropping prices (which are not total prices) and OBC amounts (which require you invest $9000 elsewhere to take advantage of them).

Your OBC values are, of course, possible; I don't doubt that you've done it. But posting these prices misleads the vast majority of cruisers and even people who read this forum. It's important that everyone know the full details of how you choose to calculate and present these jaw-dropping prices (which are not total prices) and OBC amounts (which require you invest $9000 elsewhere to take advantage of them).

I agree. We should not get into posting deals that assume everyone gets shareholder benefits. Also we have shares and rarely get OBC as there will be other deals included that restrict the benefit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since you stated you are only on the transatlantic,

Is this an inside QTY?

$759.00pp - How much are the taxes, port fees and gratuities? What is the total price for this cruise for two persons?

$700.00 OBC - What are the sources of this OBC? You stated later $450.00 in shareholders benefits. Celebrity gives $450.00 OBC on a 15 night cruise?

Flights? - What are you paying for flights booked this late?

Hotel and excursions?

Edited by Jade13

We are only on the transatlantic leg, but I'm HOPING you guys will enjoy the astronomy programs! ;)

ALL of the On Board Credit IS available to ANYONE and EVERYONE who is intelligent enough to book through the online agency which is offering $250 of the $700 total... :)

A"

I find it hard to believe any agency is giving $250.00 OBC on a $700.00 base fare. It doesn't make any sense. Most might give 8-10% of their commission along with $100.00OBC offered by their consortium for a group rate. That is also per cabin, not per person.

Edited by Jade13

Since you stated you are only on the transatlantic,

Is this an inside QTY?

$759.00pp - How much are the taxes, port fees and gratuities? What is the total price for this cruise for two persons?

$700.00 OBC - What are the sources of this OBC? You stated later $450.00 in shareholders benefits. Celebrity gives $450.00 OBC on a 15 night cruise?

Flights? - What are you paying for flights booked this late?

Hotel and excursions?

The $450 OBC from X is combined across both cruises. It's $200 on the Holy Land one and $250 on the TA. Again, this is why precision in listing all the "gotchas" is important. I'm guessing the mysterious TA that throws away all their commission and then some on their rates is giving $125 per cruise and that OP actually only has $375 of OBC coming their way since they are just on the TA, but we can't really tell.

Yes, if you have $9,000 to dump into RCCL stock, you can indeed get $450 in non-refundable OBC spread across your 2 cruises. Let me know when you can use OBC to pay port fees and taxes, and when 'everyone' has 9 grand sitting around waiting for an investment opportunity.

I just reallocated my IRA investments, sold some underperforming options off and bought RCL with it. More than doubled in 2 years. And RCL is still seen as a BUY by reputable investors.

I don't have 9k just laying around, but had it in my retirement accounts to re-invest.

I would hope any one spending money on cruising also has retirement accounts in order and set up, valued at more than $9,000. Otherwise they are not being very wise with regard to their finances.

I just reallocated my IRA investments, sold some underperforming options off and bought RCL with it. More than doubled in 2 years. And RCL is still seen as a BUY by reputable investors.

I don't have 9k just laying around, but had it in my retirement accounts to re-invest.

I would hope any one spending money on cruising also has retirement accounts in order and set up, valued at more than $9,000. Otherwise they are not being very wise with regard to their finances.

How does the RCL stock / OBC offer work please?