power sockets Caribbean Princess

sammybonny

We are going on the Norwegian Fjords cruise on Caribbean Princess this Saturday.

Please can anyone tell me what type of power sockets there are in a balcony cabin,are there European as well as US?

I have tried to find out but found conflicting info.

Thanks

We are going on the Norwegian Fjords cruise on Caribbean Princess this Saturday.

Please can anyone tell me what type of power sockets there are in a balcony cabin,are there European as well as US?

I have tried to find out but found conflicting info.

Thanks

Both are available at the desk area. Also, a 110 outlet behind the TV (can be hard to get to). Plus, others have noted there are 220 outlets behind the beds that the lamps are plugged into.

Someone will post a picture.;)

There are a couple one behind the T.V and two at the desk as well as one

in the bath for shavers. SORRY to say that they are all U.S. Bring an adaptor and power strip and you should be find.

Also no tea kettle in the cabin. They outlets noted are for balconies and below

cabins. Suites have more outlets.

There are a couple one behind the T.V and two at the desk as well as one

in the bath for shavers. SORRY to say that they are all U.S. Bring an adaptor and power strip and you should be find.

Also no tea kettle in the cabin. They outlets noted are for balconies and below

cabins. Suites have more outlets.

Devices that are 220V only will not perform well if only 110 is used, no matter what adaptor is used.

Hi, other than the two outlets in the bathroom the most accessible ones are above the desk. I strongly suggest thou you bring a power strip like the one in this picture. It has two USB outlets on the side that you can plug your iPhone,iPad or iWhatever into. This way you can leave the heavy transformer (heavy square plug end) home and just bring the lightweight USB cord. There are three appliance outlets on this model with one being on the back side.

41P9m8S2SgL._SX425_.jpg

Both are available at the desk area. Also, a 110 outlet behind the TV (can be hard to get to). Plus, others have noted there are 220 outlets behind the beds that the lamps are plugged into.

Someone will post a picture.;)

Most ships only have 110 V outlets at the desks. That includes the Caribbean. That has changed with the Royal and Regal that do have one 220 V outlet at the desk. I don't know about the Pacific, Ocean, Sun, Sea or Dawn.

There is the one 220 V outlet under the bed which one of the nightstand lamps is plugged into. You would need an adapter with two plugs to use another device with the light

Edited by IECalCruiser

Devices that are 220V only will not perform well if only 110 is used, no matter what adaptor is used.
Very true, but many chargers for electronic devices will work on 100-240 V and 50-60 Hz with no problem. DW even has a hair dryer that works on 100-240 V and 50-60 Hz.

I've never sailed on a ship that didn't have a 220 and a 110 docket on the desk. I use an extension cord or a power strip (if I can bring it on board).

You can use a converter to step up the 110 or step down the 220. You may need an adaptor plug with the right pins.

I've never sailed on a ship that didn't have a 220 and a 110 docket on the desk. I use an extension cord or a power strip (if I can bring it on board).

You can use a converter to step up the 110 or step down the 220. You may need an adaptor plug with the right pins.

We have been on the Coral, Island, Grand, Golden, Star, Sapphire, Crown, Emerald and Regal and only the Regal had a 220 V outlet at the desk. The only exception to that was in the Window Suites on the Golden which were added later and which did have a 220 V outlet at the desk. Interestingly, the Sun deck S2 and S5 suites added at the same time don't have a 220 V outlet at the desk. In WS F315 there was a table lamp plugged into the outlet but not in the other 6 WS. Edited by IECalCruiser

Most ships only have 110 V outlets at the desks. That includes the Caribbean. That has changed with the Royal and Regal that do have one 220 V outlet at the desk. I don't know about the Pacific, Ocean, Sun, Sea or Dawn.

At the desk on the Pacific and Ocean

005%2011.09.10%20Cabin%203023%20electrical%20outlets%20100_5541_zpshswwbg9q.jpg

Thanks for the replies.We were on Royal Princess last month and there was a 220v European socket so I wondered if there would be on Caribbean.We are from UK and have different style sockets to the rest of europe so we need adapters for both anyway.

We found that both sockets worked for our chargers but the US socket was much slower to charge so I guess I will have to be patient.I will take a power strip as well.

We were on the CB back in 2010 a inside not a balcony though.

We found that the sockets were that close together that we could only plug in 1 adapted uk plug at a time! it was the same on the Grand and the Emerald last year!

we took a 4 plug extension lead with us last time and boy were we glad did as the set up was the same.

There was a EU socket behind the bed which does charge quicker than the US ones. I think Hubby had to disconnect the lamp to use it.

There was also one bind the TV to.

Some one on our roll call asked the same question and I gave her the same advice - pack a couple of UK to US adaptors maybe a UK to EU and a extension cable and you'll be well away.

happy sailing

Onboard her now take both flat 2 pin and round 2 pin our daughter won't travel without her Ghd hairdryer it won't work off the flat pin socket by the dressing table/ desk but if you pull out one of the beds the lamps use the 2 pin round socket and the hair dryer works perfectly from here also this year I have brought a 4 gang socket extension so we can get things charged more quickly