Bring a Friend Question

Swath

How long does it take Royal to decide if they are going to grant you the $25.00 OBC?

I put it in on the Website on 20/July for a 06/Sept Cruise

Still says Pending

Should just call C & A instead?

Same here. We signed up friends last year for a cruise this coming November. It's still not showing up as OBC yet, but when I called Royal to make final payment a month ago, I asked about it. The RCI rep called over to the C&A section and was told that it should show up about 1-2 weeks prior to cruise.

Mine showed pending up until a week before cruise. Then it was denied because you cannot have your booking made through a TA. I guess it's only if you book directly with RCI.

The Bring-A-Friend promo is valid if you use a TA. We have received it several times when using a TA. However, it is not valid when you are in a group booking, which could be possible if you use a TA.

The Bring-A-Friend promo is valid if you use a TA. We have received it several times when using a TA. However, it is not valid when you are in a group booking, which could be possible if you use a TA.

Mine was denied for group booking. :mad:

The cruise that I tried to redeem on was made through a TA but it was not associated with a group. I was just told by RCI to refer to the terms and agreement section, which reads:

ffer applicable to new reservations. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Royal Caribbean reserves the right to reject any Offer redemption request, discontinue or change the Offer without notice. Offer not available to reservations made under group, travel agent or Royal Caribbean employee rates.

Bottom line is, they can refuse whoever they want.

The cruise that I tried to redeem on was made through a TA but it was not associated with a group. I was just told by RCI to refer to the terms and agreement section, which reads:

ffer applicable to new reservations. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Royal Caribbean reserves the right to reject any Offer redemption request, discontinue or change the Offer without notice. Offer not available to reservations made under group, travel agent or Royal Caribbean employee rates.

If you are sure you were not in a group, and were not booked with interline (travel agent) rates, I would call and ask exactly why you were rejected.

It does not have to be associated with a specific group. Many TA's get better pricing with group bookings and their customers may never know they were included in a group booking.

It does not have to be associated with a specific group. Many TA's get better pricing with group bookings and their customers may never know they were included in a group booking.

Exactly what I was told. :rolleyes:

We did this on the Allure and it took about one week before the cruise to appear as OBC.

Same here. We signed up friends last year for a cruise this coming November. It's still not showing up as OBC yet, but when I called Royal to make final payment a month ago, I asked about it. The RCI rep called over to the C&A section and was told that it should show up about 1-2 weeks prior to cruise.

Thanks