Any December cruisers with GTY get cabin assignment yet?

IBRelaxin2

No assignment yet for our 12/10 Liberty cruise. We are a family of 4 in a balcony gty. I do know all the balcony quads are sold out for that date. Does that mean we have a chance of an upgrade?

Thnaks

Not really- as there are less quad rooms, there are less rooms that they can put you in.

We too are on the 12/3 Glory. This is the first time I booked a guarantee. This is cruise #8 but our first try on a Carnival Ship. The wait is killing me, I booked a cabin level I will be satisfied with, just curious about what cabin. Checked yesterday, Sunday and still says quaranteed. Really just answering here so if there are any updates I will get an e-mail notification. Thanks

I found through the "book modify" method that the room I booked for MIL and FIL is M96 which near the center elevators on the main deck (near the pursers lobby). This will be good for FIL who has some trouble getting around.

Our other room is still listed as inside GTY! Wish they would give us an assignment. Looks like there are still over 30 rooms left open (including 3 balcony suites!). Hope the upgrade fairy smiles on us:D ! Should I be calling my TA to ask about it? We sail in 54 days.

Chantal

We are on the Miracle 12/11 and were booked in a Suite Guarantee. Last week they had 2 Cat 11 suites with the wraparound decks available for $100.00 less than we paid for the guarantee. We called Carnival and asked how much larger the Cat 12 Suite was and the odds of getting one. We were told that first, it depended how far up the guarantee list we were, and they probably would not assign cabins until a week ahead of time. So it's obvious the earlier you made your reservation the more likely you are to get the best upgrade..... if the rooms are left! Check the online agencys to see what rooms are still left and you can get a

fairly good idea whats your odds will be of being upgraded. In the end we decided to change our reservation to one of the Cat 11-Aft extended balcony cabins( there were only two left) and we got a $100.00 PP refund to boot!!!! Since at the time there were only 4 cabins left showing available in cat 12, we think we got the best possible available and peace of mind. On other cruises we waited an got a nice upgrade on our guarantee. We once got upgraded from a minisuite on the Norwegian Sun to a 2 room penthouse, that was the sweetest upgrade Fairy we've ever had!!!

I'm not the only impatient one out there (LOL)

We're booked with a Suite GTY on the Elation November 19 2005. We are really hoping for an upgrade to cat 12 suite. Since there are 4 of us we really could use the space. (The cat 11s are a sleep 3 and I really don't know how they'd fit a roll away in there for the 4th, but heard from some that they could).

I have been checking multiple times each day since I booked about 5 weeks ago.

Here's to hoping the Upgrade Fairy is in a good mood!:D

Mike

. We were told that first, it depended how far up the guarantee list we were, and they probably would not assign cabins until a week ahead of time. So it's obvious the earlier you made your reservation the more likely you are to get the best upgrade.....

I found this not to be the case- seems the people who paid the most for their guarantee will get upgrade first...the people who paid the less a long time ago will get what they paid for. (drat)

Guarantee cabins are set about 45 days out. SOme do get it between 70-80 days but its rare. Majority of cabins are set AFTER final payment is due. not when its paid. 70 days is when you will see a lot of activity happening with cabins. Lots more become available. this is when people cancel. agencies that are holding blocks of group space give them back.

For the people who are seeing only 1-2 cabins available in their category--check back in 65 days and see whats left.

Mike--Ill be watching for YOUR upgrade since you said you booked only a few weeks ago. You should see an assignment any day now. Please let me know.

Your final payment isn't even due yet. Carnival won't even attempt to assign cabins until after that date.

I just wanted to say we got a room assignment 2 weeks ago and our final payment isnt due til October 4th. We got an upgrade too :)

The room number is right on my invoice of what is due and when its due by. Maybe we just got lucky.

Stacy

Stacy- sounds like you booked at a free category upgrade. When booking a guarantee cabin you dont get the cabin number with your invoice. SOunds like your agent booked you into the free upgrade-- did you go up two decks by chance?

Stacy- sounds like you booked at a free category upgrade. When booking a guarantee cabin you dont get the cabin number with your invoice. SOunds like your agent booked you into the free upgrade-- did you go up two decks by chance?

I booked this trip myself, but I got $100 on bobard credit too so maybe I did book at an upgrade time, but I dont know???

I do know that my invoice that came monthly didnt show a room assignment until this one I just got. Its dated "IMPORTANT UPDATE as of 09/16/05" -- thats what it says.

I got a category 6B and when I booked originally back in March I got the cheapest OV gaurentee listed. I am surmising I got a decent upgrade. DOes this make sense? I do have my room number tho. Could it be because there arent alot of rooms that take 5 people - thats the reason I got assigned?

I wasnt meaning to argue with anyone I just wanted to say I got a room assignment on my GTY room and didnt make final payment as of the date.

I never booked on my own before but I did this time. Hopefully I knew what I was doing. :)

Have a good day...

Stacy

PS: Let me know what you think.

I got a category 6B and when I booked originally back in March I got the cheapest OV gaurentee listed. I am surmising I got a decent upgrade. DOes this make sense? I do have my room number tho. Could it be because there arent alot of rooms that take 5 people - thats the reason I got assigned?

I wasnt meaning to argue with anyone I just wanted to say I got a room assignment on my GTY room and didnt make final payment as of the date.

Im sorry if you took my post as looking for an argument. I was only stating that for other looking for their assignments it is rare- especially since your final payment wasnt even paid yet. But its like you pointed out-- its for 5 people. and the ship only has soo many true quads available so they had to put you somewhere before they were gone.

I think you did good for booking your first cruise/especially a holiday sailing.

Serene 56 ~

No I didnt take it as an argument, but I thought maybe you thought I was in a fightin' mood....lol

I was just saying that we got the room number (and I think upgrade) and I didnt pay it off. I am so excited cuz today its paid in full! Ahh thats a good feeling. I guess it makes it seem even more REAL.

Now all I need is transfer advice from FLL to Holiday Inn at the Port of Miami and back to FLL heading home. I dont know if I should just wait and grab a taxi or is it better to prearrange your tranfers? I have grabbed a taxi from Sanford for a trip to WDW but this is alittle different.

I luv this cruisin stuff :)

Have a great evening.

Stacy

How many in your party??

We went from FLL to Miami with 6 adults in a stretch limo- total cost per person was 33.00 round trip whichincluded the tip. We used www.larryslimo.com

there is a lot of informationhere about shuttle services from both ports.

A taxi will cost about 75.00 one way.

Just found our cabin assignments...booked an IS guarantee on the Victory for Nov. 27th. Checked this morning (via Gift method) and rec'd a 4G - Panorama Deck inside cabin. I guess they call this a 7 category upgrade. Hope we won't be rockin' too badly. I am happy..have been on this deck on the Carnival Spirit and not had any problems....but then again..that was an aft cabin! These are more forward. My sister and her husband are right next door..both same upgrades! Now just the documents to come. Interesting note...we are both on back to back cruises..when I checked for the Dec 4th sailing...no cabin as of yet. Hopefully we won't have to move cabins.

Just found our cabin assignments...booked an IS guarantee on the Victory for Nov. 27th. Checked this morning (via Gift method) and rec'd a 4G - Panorama Deck inside cabin. I guess they call this a 7 category upgrade. Hope we won't be rockin' too badly. I am happy..have been on this deck on the Carnival Spirit and not had any problems....but then again..that was an aft cabin! These are more forward. My sister and her husband are right next door..both same upgrades! Now just the documents to come. Interesting note...we are both on back to back cruises..when I checked for the Dec 4th sailing...no cabin as of yet. Hopefully we won't have to move cabins.

Hi..just found out our cabin assignment for Dec 4th Victory...same cabin as we rec'd the week before....(doing back to back)...4G from an inside guarantee! Yahoo...means no moving our "stuff"...Just thought I would post ...hopefully others will receive their assignments soon!

Archived