A Diamond Club Question

Simple example: OP has 5 friends with unlimited drink packages. Some may even be first time cruisers. Obviously, they like to drink and will be tying to get their money's worth while in the lounge.

Now, there are ten other similar OP's who also have 5 friends each with drink packages.

Suddenly the lounge has become transformed. The servers are going crazy trying to keep up with those demanding their attention. Seats have been filled since 4PM and there is no standing room.

Extreme example? Not really. The lounge on Liberty is one of the best and fills up quickly. Taking away seats from those who have an absolute right to be there is simply wrong.

One other comment. Gimletgal's comment was spot on. Garfield the Cat may have been the first to say, "It's all about me." Sadly, that thought has become more and more prevalent, and that is sad!

It is not only the drinks, but space is limited in Diamond lounge. So even if non Diamonds have drink passages, they will still occupy the limited space on the lounge, depriving other Diamond members from using the lounge especially on Diamond heavy sailings.

Also, the 3 drinks loaded in the sea pass solved the problem, instead of crowding the Diamond lounge, there are other bars in the ship where Diamonds can claim 3 free drinks to enjoy with the non Diamond companions.

First of all, I apologize for putting this on the Celebrity forum (I have upcoming cruises on both cruise lines and made a simple mistake....though, the question could apply to both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. I thank Host Andy for moving it to it's correct home. :)

Second, I am not a me, me, me person (as some people implied) and I wasn't looking for a work around. I simply thought it would be nice if we could have a before dinner drink together without us having to pay for the drinks. It's nice to know that all the ships are putting the three drinks on the Sea Pass cards now, that will fix the issue quite simply.

Third, I completely agree that the Diamond Lounges are packed full most nights, and of course, it wouldn't make sense to over burden it. Though, I have been on cruises where a huge lounge area, such as the Viking Crown or The Colony Club, was used for the Cocktail Hour and there was plenty of empty space, especially after 7 pm or so.

Forth, thanks for a nice discussion and good points. I wasn't trying to get away with anything, but I had it in my head that if they could have drinks anywhere on the ship, why would the Diamond lounge be off limits? And, of course, as usual, the folks on CC thought of all the angles. :)

And lastly, thanks for not attacking me too badly, though some of the Celebrity folks seem to be put out about my talking Diamond instead of Elite on their forum....sort of like, get out of our room, your Royal Caribbean Diamond scent is leaving a foul odor in here. :D

Interesting to note how the responses changed slightly when this got moved.

Probably because the OP's question never belonged where it was in the first place? Two totally different scenarios between X and RCCL. I believe one of the first respondents stated that the thread belonged elsewhere. Thankfully, it was finally moved.