Switching people in cabins

torwa

My fiance and I each earned a free cruise and are taking his sister and BIL. I have a room booked for the sister and myself and the BIL is booked in my fiance's room. Obviously, we need to switch BIL and myself. My question is; is your S&S card also your room key? Can we get extra room keys? And, can each person in the room set up their own S&S account so it keeps charges separated? Sorry for sounding like a newbie, but it's been 5 years since we cruised Carnival and we have never booked two rooms. Thanks in advance!

I have done that multiple times. You can easily switch cabins. Once you are on board, just go to the desk and ask to switch. They will swap the 2 of you back into the correct rooms.

Even though the room is booked under my name? They'll still let me switch? What about the room key?

My fiance and I each earned a free cruise and are taking his sister and BIL. I have a room booked for the sister and myself and the BIL is booked in my fiance's room. Obviously, we need to switch BIL and myself. My question is; is your S&S card also your room key? Can we get extra room keys? And, can each person in the room set up their own S&S account so it keeps charges separated? Sorry for sounding like a newbie, but it's been 5 years since we cruised Carnival and we have never booked two rooms. Thanks in advance!

When you embark, all of you need to go directly to Guest Services together. Tell the person behind the desk who you'd like to switch to which cabin. Your S&S cards will be reprogrammed so that the right couple is together.

Each S&S card is attached to a separate folio so there will be no issue with that.

We've done this twice so far. Both times my husband had on board credit that stayed on his folio even after he switched to my cabin.

Hope this helps.

Thank you all for the excellent information. I really appreciate it! Now I think I might have to consider trying to get FTTF, so we don't spend all afternoon in the guest services line LOL!

Thank you all for the excellent information. I really appreciate it! Now I think I might have to consider trying to get FTTF, so we don't spend all afternoon in the guest services line LOL!

Unless you are getting FTTF anyway I wouldn't. It only took us a few minutes in line to get the key cards changed. Just make sure everyone involved is present in line.

We are doing this on RCCL for a cruise in Feb 2017 with my brother and his wife. I have read here in the forum that you can just get an extra key for the room. You'll have your S&S card and a second key card that only opens the cabin you're sleeping in.

We are doing this on RCCL for a cruise in Feb 2017 with my brother and his wife. I have read here in the forum that you can just get an extra key for the room. You'll have your S&S card and a second key card that only opens the cabin you're sleeping in.

Why deal with extra keys when the S&S cards can be reprogrammed in all of three minutes.