Quad (2 uppers?) premium balcony on Ruby (or same class)

SwimCarrie

Hi!

We just got an awesome upsell offer from a mid-aft inside to a mid-aft premium balcony for only $198!!! Woop, woop!

I was keeping my eye on balconies in case we got an offer and most said 2 twins, 1 upper and a permanent cot, but our room says 2 twins and 2 uppers. I've searching the web and can't find a single pic of this configuration anywhere! Does anyone have a pic when all 4 beds are in use? Does it just look like a standard quad inside...basically 2 bunk beds?

Thanks,

Carrie

Yes, using both uppers. Actually, I did some more research and it looks like the cots just get in the way, even when folded up during the day. My husband and son (6) will take the uppers, 4 year old daughter and I get the lowers. (Exactly what we had planned on the quad inside, anyway). At least this way, there's more room to move around the cabin during the day. And since Ruby doesn't have On-Demand movies yet (boo!), we won't be spending a lot of time watching movies at night!

• 1 month later...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47459273

I found this recent thread with photos.

Here are Ruby stateroom descriptions: http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/ru/staterooms/

As far as I know, Ruby's "premium" balcony cabins are only those on Caribe or facing aft with a bigger balcony space. The inside of the cabin is same as a regular balcony cabin, no loveseat or sofa.

We have stayed in a caribe deck balcony cabin before on a different ship and the balcony is awesome!

( Only Royal and Rgal have the premium balcony cabin with the loveseat).

Just checked the Princess website - they say that for the 4th a "rollaway is placed permanently in your cabin". I honestly do not know where that would fit. It must be a small rollaway, it either folds during the day or is very low to the ground and scoots under a bed during the day.

Edited by cruisintoddler

Thanks so much for that link to the other post. That is very helpful to see the two bunks that come out of the ceiling. I just couldn't picture how that would work, because normally the quad is the sofa that pulls out and then one bunk over it dropping out of the ceiling.

Except not on Princess! :rolleyes:

Balcony cabins on most other lines have a sofa.

On Princess you only get a sofa in a minisuite or suite, or "premium balcony" on Regal & Royal only has a loveseat.

I was searching for the same answer and found this thread. Has anyone determined where the 2 uppers are within the premium balcony cabin? And would it require the lower beds to be split? I've ruled out a regular balcony because of the cot, which I think would be in the way.

Keeping the lowers split should give you more walking around room in the cabin. It does depend on how they're placed.