embarkation eats

george35

You can also go to Bistro on 5 and pay extra money for lunch, but I think that's a silly idea. There are plenty of options that you've already paid for.

These days with all the OBC people are getting (we have over 500 on our upcoming cruise), why would it be silly to spend 10.00/pp to have a nice quiet sit down lunch if we choose. Personally when I am on vacation I prefer to be served, have a night table setting, etc. It's just my preference.

I love these boards, but often find it distressing how quickly people make judgements. If you choose not to eat in Bistro because you don't want to spend the 10.00, I will not judge you. So please, don't judge me.

These days with all the OBC people are getting (we have over 500 on our upcoming cruise), why would it be silly to spend 10.00/pp to have a nice quiet sit down lunch if we choose. Personally when I am on vacation I prefer to be served, have a night table setting, etc. It's just my preference.

I love these boards, but often find it distressing how quickly people make judgements. If you choose not to eat in Bistro because you don't want to spend the 10.00, I will not judge you. So please, don't judge me.

I agree with you, however some people really need to be on a very tight budget- so every dollar is very important- could have saved a long time for the cruise. That is why people are in the penthouse or a modest inside cabin.

Fortunately, my DH and I are able to pay more for extra's and do so- but some people really cannot. To each his/her own.

Enjoy your cruises

I agree with you, however some people really need to be on a very tight budget- so every dollar is very important- could have saved a long time for the cruise. That is why people are in the penthouse or a modest inside cabin.

I totally agree with you. Everyone needs to do what they need to do.

But by saying that it's silly to pay 10.00 for lunch, there is an implication that the person who does is a fool, and hence a judgement being made.

A better way to phrase it would have been, "We choose not to eat in the pay for restaurants because we fine the free selections to be great".

Fortunately, my DH and I are able to pay more for extra's and do so- but some people really cannot. To each his/her own.

Enjoy your cruises

Yes, I agree, but it's also incumbent upon those on tight budgets not to judge those who are not.

Cafe El Bacio is another option. The snacks are complimentary - the coffee isn't (unless you have a beverage package)

We enjoy Bistro on Five for embarkation day. It is normally quiet, we have a good lunch & a glass of wine. By the time we finish our leisurely lunch the cabins are ready & we head to our cabin nicely relaxed knowing that we are on vacation.