Cell Phone

palmsandpines

We are cruising for all most a month in the Baltic and the British Isles as well. We have Verizon Samsung S5 phones that will take a SIM card. Will it work in Europe with a SIM card? Can we buy a SIM card in Europe that is good for most of Europe? We assume it will not work in Russia but we were thinking that maybe all of the EU anyway. We are looking for maybe 500 minutes and the ability to call back to the US and maybe to some points in Europe. We are also looking for some data time on the same air card, maybe 3 GB. Ideas?

Verizon has International calling package - flat rate or pay as you go. I have an iphone, and stopped at my area Verizon store to be sure the phone was ready for our British Isles trip. Once we got on LHR Express I turned the phone on and saw the message I was connected. Be sure to tun off the data when on the ship, though Verizon does have cruise ship packages.

Since my billing cycle was not the same dates as the 3-week trip, I was pre-billed, then ran into the following billing cycle. Once home, I called to confirm the charges would be adjusted to reflect the inclusive dates of the trip.

Darcy