Does RCI provide lap blankets on Alaska cruise?

This may be a silly question, but will RCI provide lap blankets for the balcony passengers and/or the public areas on their Alaska trips? I read about people who say to just dress warm, but a lap blanket on a cold night would be really nice to have. I assume they will, but with all of the RCI cost cutting conversations I thought I'd ask. I will be sailing on the Jewel in a few days. I have a small blanket I could toss into my luggage if necessary, but it seems a waste of space.

I was on the first Southbound this year and no, there were no blankets. I did wear a fleece type jumper and order room service hot chocolate (that definitely helped [emoji6] ) but it never seemed that cold. I guess I could have asked if they had any but it never crossed my mind.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

You can ask for extra blanket in your room

I think that will be my plan, I really don't want to pack a lap blanket - even a small lightweight one. Hopefully I won't ever need it. But I do love snuggling with my hubby under a blanket looking at stars whenever we camp in cold climates, it just seems more romantic. Would love to do the same as we gaze at the amazing views in Alaska. :-)

If sitting in an outside public area you could always go into the Solarium and get a pool towel to use.

Otherwise...yes...your cabin steward can provide one for you but on many of our cool climate RCI cruises we have usually already had a blanket left on the top shelf of our cabin closet.

Hope none of you book the Antarctic cruise. Think we had 3 or 4 layers of clothing while on balcony on Celebrity Infinity. Did not find Alaska cruise cold while watching ice crashing to sea. A little wine or champagne helps too.