Lack of deals right now and pricing higher than normal?

chriscec2012

Well, don't keep people hanging. Where are all these great AI deals?

If anyone wants to find a good AI resort all they have to do is search the net. I'm sure your a big girl and I'm sure you can find them all by yourself. Take care. :D

Edited by knight2096

This is a Carnival board so probably not appropriate to mention NCL Hawaii prices but they have skyrocketed. My first cruise there was $1924 for 2 of us in an inside cabin. I went again in July 2011 and had a balcony for $2,543 for both of us. Prices for July 2016 in the same cabin is more than doubled at about $6K for both of us. Bottom line, I decided not to do that cruise even though it is my 25th anniversary. Taking a cruise elsewhere instead because I can't justify the price. But you know what, people are still booking that cruise without me. Its okay, but I know when to draw the line and not give in. There is something out there that is more affordable and I don't have to pay it.

I'm with you there. Was looking at Hawaii next year and got a 10-day on the Legend for about half of what a 7-day on the POA would be. It is 2 less days in Hawaii, but you basically go to the same islands and get more time on a cruise, plus it will probably be cheaper to get to SEA/Vancouver than HNL.

Carnival was a good product for a good price, now with their high prices, horrible entertainment and loads of cutbacks they are not worth it anymore. As long as you have mindless cheerleaders cheering Carnival and the other cruise lines on nothing will change and things will just get worse. Plenty of AI resorts out there to enjoy.

Adios. You'll be missed. (Sarcasm implied)

^^^^^^^^^^Cruising cheerleader.

Edited by stobe1

Carnival was a good product for a good price, now with their high prices, horrible entertainment and loads of cutbacks they are not worth it anymore. As long as you have mindless cheerleaders cheering Carnival and the other cruise lines on nothing will change and things will just get worse. Plenty of AI resorts out there to enjoy.

If anyone wants to find a good AI resort all they have to do is search the net. I'm sure your a big girl and I'm sure you can find them all by yourself. Take care. :D

These kinds of “hit and run” comments only show you know what you are saying isn’t true.

Can an AI resort experience be a good value and better choice? Absolutely. To say they are universally better than the value of the cruise experience is somewhat ignorant.

If that were true, the cruise industry would be desolate and desperate to attract customers who have fled to these supposed bargain basement AI resorts. Definitely not the case because thousands find the cruise experience to be the excellent value it is and sailings continue to leave at capacity across the industry.

It’s clear you find the product Carnival is offering at the fares being charged disagreeable. Again, thousands are more than satisfied to find their vacation investment well worth it. Your opinion is in a very clear minority.

Move on to the vacation experience you prefer and leave the rest of us to discuss the issues of the vacation we actually will be experiencing.

And no - you won't be missed.

Well I have noticed that Carnival's prices have gone up.

I am going on a Carnival cruise end of October, which has been booked since last year. It also the first time since 2000, that i book early saver, and did score a 20.00 saving on price, as well as a 30.00 OBC. Same cruise has gone up up and up since a month ago, and is now well over 200.00 more. Ok for this cruise, I dont expect to get any more breaks.

but, now that i am retired, and free as bird as they say, I am looking at cruise prices for many different times of year, and per Carnival, they are not that enticing. I have long been hoping to try a different cruiseline just to see what it is like on the other side, and Carnivals' prices are not keeping me from that quest. I do really like Carnival though, and hope to find something at a great price, but price is my bottom line as a solo cruiser and so far, NCL is reeling me in. Getaway ship is really appealing right now for next fall.

Edited by SMSACE6

I say it is always good to experience other lines & what they have to offer. I am platinum on Carnival but have been on 2 NCL Hawaii cruises, 1 Princess cruise and several RCI cruises. I have always said CCL is my favorite but for personal preference reason of karaoke has been the best on CCL but I'm hearing that isn't the case anymore so I may find myself ditching Carnival and going with other lines. I'm hearing of Carnivals cutbacks but haven't cruised on Carnival since Dec 2012 so I will be soon finding out in November. Since 2012, I have been on 1 Princess & 3 RCI cruises.

I may also consider an all inclusive somewhere next summer vs the Southern Caribbean I have booked right now with RCI.

This is a Carnival board so probably not appropriate to mention NCL Hawaii prices but they have skyrocketed. My first cruise there was $1924 for 2 of us in an inside cabin. I went again in July 2011 and had a balcony for $2,543 for both of us. Prices for July 2016 in the same cabin is more than doubled at about $6K for both of us. Bottom line, I decided not to do that cruise even though it is my 25th anniversary. Taking a cruise elsewhere instead because I can't justify the price. But you know what, people are still booking that cruise without me. Its okay, but I know when to draw the line and not give in. There is something out there that is more affordable and I don't have to pay it.

We did this cruise when NCL had two ships in the market (about 5 months after they introduced the Pride of America). We paid $699 per person for an Inside! It's now more for one person than it was then for the two of us. We would love to cruise Hawaii again, but it won't ever happen at those prices. :(

We did check out some AI in the Caribbean and the average from here is right around $1600 pp (airfare included). Times 4 people is well over $6000. :eek: And this is flying out of Canada where my American dollar goes a lot further. AI's out of the US are even more expensive. We can cruise for a whole lot less in a balcony on Carnival and since we usually drive to ports, won't have the expense of air fare. The only difference is lack of unlimited alcohol which we don't mind. We only usually have one cocktail per day on the ship. The bonus is going to a different place most day instead of staying in one place the whole vacation.