Anyone have a photo of the Aft elevators/stairwell area on Riviera/Marina?

Iamthesea

Looking for a photo of the Aft elevator/stairwell area on any of the decks, but particularly on Deck 7.

We will be in stateroom 7111, in which I have read many good things.:)However, I am particularly interested in locating the crew elevator because of the following comment. Our stateroom is on the opposite side of 7108, same location. This concerns me, as well as passenger noise from the elevator/stairwell area. We have never had a problem in these areas on other ships. Just wondering how these areas are set up on the Riviera and a photo would be most helpful. Thank you!;)

At the same time, I have been closer to the stern on Deck 7 (7108) on Marina. I can say that there seemed to be a resonance from the crew elevator that transferred to the structure of 7108, but it only occurred with any regularity in the late morning when the stewardesses were moving laundry, and was bearable. It did not seem to affect any of the nearby cabins. This was on Marina's Maiden Voyage and may have been corrected since.
Edited by Iamthesea

This area in question is closed off to passengers. It's a large area where luggage and carts are handled. We've stayed nearby and never were bothered by sounds.

Are you saying that the elevator in the aft section of the ship is for crew, only? This is the elevator (and hopefully stairs) that is shown in the deck plans and near 7111 on Deck 7. I thought it was a passenger elevator. :confused: I was asking for photos of it. And then I was asking where the elevator mentioned in the first post and where ot was located. I don't need to see that.

Edited by Iamthesea

Are you saying that the elevator in the aft section of the ship is for crew, only? This is the elevator (and hopefully stairs) that is shown in the deck plans and near 7111 on Deck 7. I thought it was a passenger elevator. :confused: I was asking for photos of it. And then I was asking where the elevator mentioned in the first post and where ot was located. I don't need to see that.

The elevators (two of them) are for passengers and located just as you see them next to the stairs. The service elevators for staff are not visible. They are behind a door marked staff only. I have seen it but have never heard any noise from them. The elevators looks like an elevator, a very nice one at that. Perhaps the Priesman's have a picture of one. You are 4 cabins from them and you will not hear a peep.

Great tip! I was able to find a photo on the Priesman's site. Not sure why it did not come up in Google. Here it is for anyone else wanting to know. Scroll down past the spa photos .

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_mayan_page2.htm

I still have not found a photo of the stairs, but I apparently have been looking at a bad set of plans. :rolleyes: I have been looking at deck plans on Oceania's website. They do not show the stairs location, and the elevator emblems are turned backward, facing the aft staterooms. This had me confused. :confused: When you said "The elevators (two of them) are for passengers and located just as you see them next to the stairs. " I decided to look for more deck plans and found that Cruise Critics show the stairs clearly. That solves the mystery! We try to take the stairs as much as possible and glad to know there are some nearby! :)

The crew area must be in that white area across from the staterooms. I wonder why 7108 could hear noise from that area in his stateroom???

Edited by Iamthesea

Great tip! I was able to find a photo on the Priesman's site. Not sure why it did not come up in Google. Here it is for anyone else wanting to know. Scroll down past the spa photos .

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_mayan_page2.htm

I still have not found a photo of the stairs, but I apparently have been looking at a bad set of plans. :rolleyes: I have been looking at deck plans on Oceania's website. They do not show the stairs location, and the elevator emblems are turned backward, facing the aft staterooms. This had me confused. :confused: When you said "The elevators (two of them) are for passengers and located just as you see them next to the stairs. " I decided to look for more deck plans and found that Cruise Critics show the stairs clearly. That solves the mystery! We try to take the stairs as much as possible and glad to know there are some nearby! :)

The crew area must be in that white area across from the staterooms. I wonder why 7108 could hear noise from that area in his stateroom???

If you are facing the elevator to get on, if you turn around the stairs are directly behind you. Just to confuse you more the forward elevators are not the same. There are 4 elevators located across from each other but to get to the stairs you have to walk past the elevator area.

Looking for a photo of the Aft elevator/stairwell area on any of the decks, but particularly on Deck 7.

We will be in stateroom 7111, in which I have read many good things.:)However, I am particularly interested in locating the crew elevator because of the following comment. Our stateroom is on the opposite side of 7108, same location. This concerns me, as well as passenger noise from the elevator/stairwell area. We have never had a problem in these areas on other ships. Just wondering how these areas are set up on the Riviera and a photo would be most helpful. Thank you!;)

We were in 7111 Marina, you might have seen my post showing the open sided balcony with loungers.

The passenger elevators & stairs are nearby but no noise. The quick flight down to MDR is very convenient for an early AM eat-n-run. The crew elevators are behind a door located across and down from your cabin. I heard this door close a few times (early AM) but I did not hear the crew elevator which is beyond the door. The great balcony totally outweighed any occasional noise I heard from the crew door.

If you are facing the elevator to get on, if you turn around the stairs are directly behind you. Just to confuse you more the forward elevators are not the same. There are 4 elevators located across from each other but to get to the stairs you have to walk past the elevator area.

Hi, I found the stairs on the CC deck plans of the Riviera. ;)

We were in 7111 Marina, you might have seen my post showing the open sided balcony with loungers.

The passenger elevators & stairs are nearby but no noise. The quick flight down to MDR is very convenient for an early AM eat-n-run. The crew elevators are behind a door located across and down from your cabin. I heard this door close a few times (early AM) but I did not hear the crew elevator which is beyond the door. The great balcony totally outweighed any occasional noise I heard from the crew door.

Thank you. Yes you did show me your photos. I have them saved in my Favorites. We are early risers, so a little hall noise will not bother us. I was just concerned about any crew elevator noise being heard (vibrations?) in the stateroom walls like mentioned earlier. We once had a stateroom where we could hear music late at night. The thumping drove us crazy! We finally figured out that it was coming from a disco that was many decks down and over. :rolleyes: Strange how some sounds carry!

I have been looking at deck plans on Oceania's website. They do not show the stairs location, and the elevator emblems are turned backward, facing the aft staterooms. This had me confused.

You are absolutely correct, and excising the location of the stairwells from the Oceania Website Deck-plans was a breathtakingly bad one.

231633.jpg

What were they thinking?

Mike Moore, I hope you can catch this.

You are absolutely correct, and excising the location of the stairwells from the Oceania Website Deck-plans was a breathtakingly bad one.

231633.jpg

What were they thinking?

Mike Moore, I hope you can catch this.

Since I didn't enlarge the deck plans (like you have shown), even that little line (where the stairs are located) did not show up.

Well, glad to have it all figured out. I assume the stairwell is the typical floral carpeted stairs that go up/down on both the starboard and port side? Those floral patterns are dangerous IMO. They can throw your equilibrium off...especially if the ship is rocking! :eek:

On our recent Riviera cruise 12th August, the crew door near your stateroom was open the entire length of the cruise on both sides. We were further back on Deck 7 so had to walk past it all the time. Sometimes noisy in there.

At least the door is not directly opposite ours. ;)