B3 Extended Balconies on Riviera

H20TGP

Hi There,

Joining Riviera on Monday next.

We have an extended veranda cabin on deck 7 ( 7131 )

Having read a number of posts on Cruise Critic about the use of loungers on these balconies I decided to request two in advance.

I know that it is a little hit and miss whether you get them or not but I did not expect the following response.

Dear Mr Parker,

Thank you for your email.

The balcony you will have will not be big enough for 2 sun loungers When you board the ship, i advise you speak with the staff onboard and see if they can organise anything.

Kind regards

Name removed

Oceania customer service

I quoted my Cabin number in my original mail so surely Customer Service would check before responding?

Why not just say sorry you have to arrange onboard?

First experience of Oceania C/S.....hmmmm.

Regards

Tom

Hi There,

Joining Riviera on Monday next.

We have an extended veranda cabin on deck 7 ( 7131 )

Having read a number of posts on Cruise Critic about the use of loungers on these balconies I decided to request two in advance.

I know that it is a little hit and miss whether you get them or not but I did not expect the following response.

Dear Mr Parker,

Thank you for your email.

The balcony you will have will not be big enough for 2 sun loungers When you board the ship, i advise you speak with the staff onboard and see if they can organise anything.

Kind regards

Name removed

Oceania customer service

I quoted my Cabin number in my original mail so surely Customer Service would check before responding?

Why not just say sorry you have to arrange onboard?

First experience of Oceania C/S.....hmmmm.

Regards

Tom

Do you have a TA?? Always better to have a TA fighting CS. However it could be a time issue as it less than 10 days.

Just remember some of the phone people have never been on the ships

Just ask your room steward

I agree Lyn, the stewards will go all out for you. I personally do not deal with Customer Service in MIA. Another reason to have a seasoned TA

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your responses.

With luck the loungers will be there from the previous cruise.

If not will ask our steward if he wouldn't mind sorting for us.

The customer service agent was UK based so maybe that had something to do with the response.

I do wish they wouldn't " Blag " the answer if they do not know.

Cheers

Tom

'fraid they won't be there from the previous cruise. Ours were whipped away the day before we docked!! The steward will put them out for you if you ask. See you on Monday and I will be asking if you have the loungers. Judith

'fraid they won't be there from the previous cruise. Ours were whipped away the day before we docked!! The steward will put them out for you if you ask. See you on Monday and I will be asking if you have the loungers. Judith

When did this happen? I had one of these cabins in May right after the dry dock and my veranda had two loungers and a small table. They were so new, I finished removing the shipping wrap from them. I seriously doubt they were removed since they were specifically added just for those B3 cabins.

When did this happen? I had one of these cabins in May right after the dry dock and my veranda had two loungers and a small table. They were so new, I finished removing the shipping wrap from them. I seriously doubt they were removed since they were specifically added just for those B3 cabins.

I don't know that it would be a good business practice to provide permanent "extra" amenities to some B3 cabins and not to others.

Oceania needs to be concerned with the bad taste that something like that might leave in the mouths of other passengers, particularly since standardization is paramount throughout 95% of the accommodations.

You would probably be shocked to learn of the percentage of people who will drop 10K on a cruise without ever looking at the deck plans! :eek:

Is asking the Steward really such a hardship?

Maybe they can give the extended balcony cabins a new designation .. how about B5 & leave the loungers in place :D

They can charge more for that perk

Pretty hard to put 2 lounges on the regular balconies so they cannt really be expected to provide lounges for all ...can they??

Why have an extended balcony with 2 small chairs it is a waste of a larger deck space

chairs%20on%20balcony-M.jpg

We recently sailed on Riviera and had 7001 and 7003. Both cabins had 2 loungers when we boarded, and they were there for the full length of the cruise.

We made very good use of them, and cannot see why they are not always available, as there is plenty of space!

As has been suggested if they are not there, just ask your cabin steward and he/she will sort it.

Maybe they can give the extended balcony cabins a new designation .. how about B5 & leave the loungers in place :D

They can charge more for that perk

Pretty hard to put 2 lounges on the regular balconies so they cannt really be expected to provide lounges for all ...can they??

Why have an extended balcony with 2 small chairs it is a waste of a larger deck space

chairs%20on%20balcony-M.jpg

They already gave them a 'new designation'

Back in 2011 the extended balconies were sold as a B4 veranda. When the buzz started about them, they bumped them to a B3.

Edited by canuck.qc

We recently sailed on Riviera and had 7001 and 7003. Both cabins had 2 loungers when we boarded, and they were there for the full length of the cruise.

We made very good use of them, and cannot see why they are not always available, as there is plenty of space!

As has been suggested if they are not there, just ask your cabin steward and he/she will sort it.

You want the 7008 and its mate.... NOT the aft which is a wind..sea..trap.. they in the aft are set up as an air scoop....

The ones forward are wind and sea sheltered.... and we had 2 loungers, a table and 2 chairs....in 7008

Spent a month in it Tahiti to NY !!!!

They already gave them a 'new designation'

Back in 2011 the extended balconies were sold as a B4 veranda. When the buzz started about them, they bumped them to a B3.

Yes we had one as a B4 then people posted about the extra space then everyone wanted one :D

I don't know that it would be a good business practice to provide permanent "extra" amenities to some B3 cabins and not to others.

Oceania needs to be concerned with the bad taste that something like that might leave in the mouths of other passengers, particularly since standardization is paramount throughout 95% of the accommodations.

You would probably be shocked to learn of the percentage of people who will drop 10K on a cruise without ever looking at the deck plans! :eek:

Is asking the Steward really such a hardship?

Many thanks again for all your replies.

No hardship at all for me to ask the steward. Just thought it would be less of a hardship for the steward to move two loungers

to our cabin during changeover! Less people to bump into:eek:

Lets see what Monday brings :)

You want the 7008 and its mate.... NOT the aft which is a wind..sea..trap.. they in the aft are set up as an air scoop....

The ones forward are wind and sea sheltered.... and we had 2 loungers, a table and 2 chairs....in 7008

Spent a month in it Tahiti to NY !!!!

We are in 7008 on Riviera in two weeks time. :D Thanks to investigating and posts on these boards and the fact that the cabin was available when we booked.

I emailed a request for loungers direct to Oceania and they did reply stating that it couldn't be guaranteed but my request had been noted. If they're not there, I'll certainly ask the steward.

It's our first Oceania experience and I have to say I'm really looking forward to it. :D

We are in one of the deck 7 extended balconies on Marina in October, and when we wrote to Oceania to request loungers we got the exact same answer as the OP, "there is not enough room". I wrote back and assured the author that we had it on good authority from friends who are frequent O cruisers that indeed there is enough room, and would they please just forward the request. We got a note back saying they checked further and found there would be room, and we would be accommodated with loungers "if at all possible". We shall see in October!