IFly Simulator

Just looking to book this and under restrictions it says only that under 18 need to be accompanied by parent. So, does that mean no age restrictions? A 5 ur old can do it? Or are there additional height and/or age restrictions? Same question about Flowrider and the pod thingie on the arm that goes out over the water.

In my group was a 7 year old and a 13 year old with their mum and myself. There is a height minimum and a weight maximum but the measure all of you for this before you fly.

The pod on arm thingy known as North Star has only a weight restriction for the total weight and how many passengers are going in. So it can be between 10 and 15 people, just like lifts.

Okay, where can I find out height minimums for iFly and Flowrider. It won't go over big to sign up 5 ur old and have him measured and denied access. He won't like that at all.

By the way, he's almost 6 and towers over most kids in his grade so he is in the very tall side. Have to re-measure him but he was able to do everything at disneyworld last month

Edited by conandrob240

This is a cut/paste from the Royal website re activity restrictions.

Q: What kinds of restrictions are there for activities?

Activities may have age, height and/or weight restrictions. Guests participating in the FlowRider®, for example, must be at least 52"/132 cm tall to use the bodyboard and 58"/147 cm tall to use the flowboard. Rock climbers must be at least 6 years old, and climbers under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please see each individual activity's waiver for restrictions and requirements

Q: Are there weight/height/age restrictions? Is RipCord by iFLY complimentary?

A: RipCord by iFLY will be complimentary for guests and likely mirror land-based guidelines: Flyers may be as young as three years of age. There is no upper age limit. All flyers must be in good health and physical condition. Those less than 6 feet tall must weigh less than 230 lbs, and those over 6 feet must weigh less than 250 lbs. Children under 18 years of age need to have a parent or guardian to sign their waiver. If you have a prior shoulder dislocation or back or neck problems you should not fly.

I did iFly on both Quantum and Anthem and it is great fun and all the instructors are excellent, friendly and helpful.

If you are able to book online before your travel I would suggest doing it but if you cannot and have to book on board make this one of the first things you do on boarding once it opens. It is busier on Sea days than Port ones.

I saw alot of small young children under 5, having a go however a few became scared and started crying once they got into the tunnel as even with earplugs it can be noisy. Some had their go whilst others did not.

Seems odd they can do iFly and not the Rock climbing wall. Seems that should be by height too. Anyway, I am sure he won't be scared. He's just going to be mad it's not actually jumping out of a real plane LOL.

Thank you!

Edited by conandrob240

Seems odd they can do iFly and not the Rock climbing wall. Seems that should be by height too. Anyway, I am sure he won't be scared. He's just going to be mad it's not actually jumping out of a real plane LOL.

Thank you!

Who said they can't do the Rock Wall?

Who said they can't do the Rock Wall?

A: Activities may have age, height, and/or weight restrictions. Guests participating in the FlowRider®, for example, must be at least 52"/132 cm tall to use the bodyboard and 58"/147 cm tall to use the flowboard. Rock climbers must be at least 6 years old, and climbers under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please see each individual activity's waiver for restrictions and requirements.

Yes and I think I read age limit for circus school was 6 yrs old too. Again at 5 yrs, 11 mths at sailing and at 99th height percentile (taller than most 7 yr olds), it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Oh well. His 8 yr old sister is sort of a scaredy cat so its not like she'll be doing it and he can't- that would be the real annoyance for him

This is a cut/paste from the Royal website re activity restrictions.

Q: Are there weight/height/age restrictions? Is RipCord by iFLY complimentary?

...Those less than 6 feet tall must weigh less than 230 lbs, and those over 6 feet must weigh less than 250 lbs....

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I had a question regarding the weight requirement. Do they actively weigh? I ask because I'm an amateur weight lifter. I'm 6'3" and weigh slightly north of 115 kgs, which is roughly 255 pounds. Would they still not let me use iFly over just a few pounds extra?

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I had a question regarding the weight requirement. Do they actively weigh? I ask because I'm an amateur weight lifter. I'm 6'3" and weigh slightly north of 115 kgs, which is roughly 255 pounds. Would they still not let me use iFly over just a few pounds extra?

They weigh everyone, and I saw alot of people turned away for being over the limit. Go get weighed on the first day of sailing and chat with the staff, they are really friendly. Then when you do have your go later on, they will recognize you and not weigh you again as you have already checked out.

That's what I did.

Get him a birthday badge that says 6 years old on it. He wears that and no one will question him, plus he might get extra for being his birthday.

Not likely as they require signed waivers for these activities and they check to make sure the waivers are signed. Once they check them they put a specific shaped stamp on your Seapass card or you are issued a wristband for future visits.

Yeah, I figured with a cruise fibbing about age won't work because they have your DOB right in the system attached to your name.

Like with everything else, there's rules, and then there's the reality of what happens on the ship. If you feel comfortable with him climbing the wall, sign the waiver. The staff are not likely going to question it and let him climb. It's not as if a month before he turns 6 it is unsafe for him to do it and the next month he is safe. It is up to the parents to decide. The rules RCI puts in place have as much to do with pleasing their lawyers as keeping people safe.

It was funny when my Granddaughter turned 6 on board (first day). They let her go on rock wall. She was the smallest 6 yr old they had on it. She out climbed several kids twice her age. She had no fear. She could not go on the flow rider because she was so small. She got mad that she could not go on it but could climb the wall. She is finally 58 inches now at 14. She knows there are no restrictions now.

My daughter was 4 years and 10 months old, weighing 31 lbs. and did iFly. She was a pro at it too! Everyone was so impressed by how well she did. Blew people away when I shared my video with friends on social media. My 6 year old (38lbs. did it too a few times).

weight isn't an issue for iFly b/c the adjust the blower fan. I was told they could lift a small car in the wind tunnel if they wanted to. On land many of the locations allow larger/heavier people on it than on the ship. I was told it was RCI's liability so they were excluding people above a certain weight. yes they weigh you every single time. yes, they can see your DOB/age when they check your account when you check in.

My under 5 couldn't do rock wall, bumper cars, or circus school. Next year on Anthem she will be able to do it all!

Edited by sasha96

I tell you in my group, there was a gentleman that seemed approx. 6.4 ft and slightly heavy. They did not weigh you and can't recall if they asked for weight when signing in. Our instructor on the Quantum was Scottish and seemed to have experience in the military. He wasn't too tall and very wiry and he was maneuvering us in the tube as though we were toothpicks. Sixty seconds of thrill and for 2+ days I had the goggle imprints on my face from the air pressure.

My daughter was 4 years and 10 months old, weighing 31 lbs. and did iFly. She was a pro at it too! Everyone was so impressed by how well she did. Blew people away when I shared my video with friends on social media. My 6 year old (38lbs. did it too a few times).

weight isn't an issue for iFly b/c the adjust the blower fan. I was told they could lift a small car in the wind tunnel if they wanted to. On land many of the locations allow larger/heavier people on it than on the ship. I was told it was RCI's liability so they were excluding people above a certain weight. yes they weigh you every single time. yes, they can see your DOB/age when they check your account when you check in.

My under 5 couldn't do rock wall, bumper cars, or circus school. Next year on Anthem she will be able to do it all!

I am still confused about age restriction for bumper cars, rock wall and circus school- 5 yrs old or 6 yrs old???

I am still confused about age restriction for bumper cars, rock wall and circus school- 5 yrs old or 6 yrs old???

Officially 6, but it really depends on the staff manning the venue. If the kid is 5, but looks 6 and the staff don't ask or look up the age, they can go (assuming you're OK with it).