classic drink package

AirForce mom

During our cruise on Celebrity Eclipse to the Baltics we had the Classic Package. We opted on most nights to drink Bombay Sapphire. Yesterday I looked at the latest Classic package which did not include said brand on Classic. Today I had an email from our TA, in which there was a link to the Classic package which includes Bombay. Perhaps we just need to wait until Sunday to ascertain the truth of the matter, unless ..... Anyone knows better!!

On classic pkg. what is the allowable price for wine by the glass? Is that up to $9 too?

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

Thanks for the posting. I'm still going to use the dreaded words " no brainer" for many. My wife loves cocktails and will always have a couple per day and likes to try new things. We always have a bottle of wine at dinner and prefer a better quality example. I also like to try different beers and the premium package allows us to do this without running up a big bill. So for many like us the classic package simply does not make sence.

Edited by yorkyred

We have upgraded to the premium package for the last 2 years. On the Infinity last year we had exactly the wines and spirits we wanted and liked. This year on the Eclipse I couldn't get the wines or spirit that I prefer. The wine waiter kept trying to pass off Bordeaux as Medoc and the only time I managed to get Chianti Classico was in the Tuscan Grill, which shows they did have it but weren't serving it in the dining room (despite the fact they were on the wine list and within our premium allowance). I was disappointed by this. I don't think I will upgrade next year. It was a bit of a waste of money.

Thanks for the posting. I'm still going to use the dreaded words " no brainer" for many. My wife loves cocktails and will always have a couple per day and likes to try new things. We always have a bottle of wine at dinner and prefer a better quality example. I also like to try different beers and the premium package allows us to do this without running up a big bill. So for many like us the classic package simply does not make sence.

What I like about the upgrade is that if I want a few glasses of wine at $20 a glass I only pay the $7 plus tip. You still get a bill but nothing like before. We have only done Celebrity with drink packages but when we did Princess cruises we were the best part of $1600 to $2000 a time (although if you were buying the full package now it is $2,150 including the tip). It is good not having to look forward to that.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

I think that you need to check on board as to what is and what is not in the classic package. I saw a list yesterday that included Bombay Sapphire and Kettle one as par of the classic one, but the Celebrity web site has those as part of the premium package only.

It depends on the ship, the waiter, the bartender, the particular lounge. There is no hard and fast consistency. On board, ask for what you want...you may get it, you may not. In my experience, they usually want to please, so you will get what you ask for. At the end of the cruise, we tip for good service. :)

Does anyone know if there are any single malt scotch on the classic package.

On the Solstice earlier this year Glenfiddich was the malt whisky on the Classic package. as has been said take nothing as gospel until you get on board and even then things may change from bar to bar as to availability. Suggest you find your "favourite" bar and check out there what drinks are available on your package and what aren't. You may find differences around the ship. If you find a barman or waiter will give you your particular drink on the package and another wont then go back to the original barman and don't forget to look after him./