QM2: All 8 days' events, in one file

Canuker

This is not a review.

It is a compiled list of all the events that occurred on the QM2, during her 8-day crossing from New York to Southampton, leaving August 19, 2015.

The PDF file showing this information is attached to this message.

It is lengthy, detailed and, as far as I'm able, comprehensive.

It shows:

Start times, end times, event duration, activity and location, together with the day(s) the events occurs.

The purpose of this is to allow people to peruse the activities available on board the QM2 in detail. There are no subjective comments about them whatsoever. It is, if you like, 8 daily programs condensed into one list, with other relevant info thrown in, too. It should help to give a detailed picture of what is typically available while crossing the North Atlantic between New York and Southampton with Cunard. And because there were no en route ports of call, there are a great many choices offered.

Reader's notes: "R" means reservations required. Only one "port day" is shown, but both embarkation ("E") and disembarkation ("D") activities are detailed in that one day.

There are, of course, daily event repeat patterns. But these are often broken because of:

1. The noon 1 hour clock advances (5 of them).

2. Informal versus formal evening dress codes.

This information is shown at the top of the report.

The list is sorted chronologically by event start time.

To repeat, the list is lengthy.

Sincerely,

Canuker

QM2 activities M517.pdf

Edited by Canuker

Thank you very much for all the positive feedback on this project. I'm so glad it has been helpful.

I'd intended to write a conventional review, then thought about the possibility of something 100% objective and 0% subjective.

I started to compile the list and realized quickly just how many on-board events there were. Yes, it took quite a while to complete.

I say 'complete', because I realize I have missed something.

Only one Captain's Reception Party for Britannia guests appears, starting at 19:45 on Sea Day 2. There are in fact two receptions; the first runs 17:15 to 18:00 and is for 1st sitting guests. The 19:45 to 20:30 reception, shown, is for 2nd sitting guests.

Sincerely,

Canuker