Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

I was hoping for Harmony in western med.

Harmony was already confirmed to be only a one season ship deployment with last years deployment press release. Harmony, Allure and Oasis were all confirmed last October to be year round 'Florida' home ported ships in the RCI financial release.

Freedom was reported as the Barcelona 7 day ship in this thread months ago and the current release is only confirming that information.

Love this thread!

Would anyone know when we could expect RCCL Australia 2018 itineraries?

Thank you much, I have a retirement cruise to plan for my DH :p

The week of March 21st is the expected release.

Legend has just been confirmed to be returning to Brisbane for a short season from December 2017.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2017_2018/16048646_2017_2018_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

I hope Eskimo doesn't get into trouble and remove the cruises.

It's only to give us a little heads up as is looking into port schedules in advance.

I don't think there is any danger of that. RCCL UK have similar info as the agency. My guess is the UK arm is reacting to NCL which has increased the number of ships sailing in Europe for 2017 including some Southampton departures on Jade, all of which have been on sail a little while now.

I don't think there is any danger of that. RCCL UK have similar info as the agency. My guess is the UK arm is reacting to NCL which has increased the number of ships sailing in Europe for 2017 including some Southampton departures on Jade, all of which have been on sail a little while now.

It's difficult to know what they are up to. If you have been on the 1st web site that does cruises, they are owned by Royal Caribbean.

They only have Alaska up.

Still don't know they don't do a British Isles round trip like Princess does. They are mostly sold out.

I'm highly anticipating the release of the 2017 summer Europe cruises, specifically in June. Our group wants to do a 9-12 day cruise that stops at Greece and Croatia, possibly Turkey. Since I see there are avid cruisers here, do you recommend a certain ship over another? I've been on Majesty, Serenade, Explorer, Oasis, and will be on Liberty in September. I prefer Voyager class size or larger. Also, would RCCL be a good choice for Europe or is there another cruise line with better ports and shore excursions that I should look into?

Don't hold your breath on Turkey. Almost every cruise line has cancelled stops in Turkey for this summer, and I don't see things getting better over here in the next year. I'm still waiting for RCCL to pull the plug on Rhapsody's stop in Kusadasi this July :(

Serenade seems to sail on a early northern TA from Copenhagen on August 26th 2017 that will head to Oslo and then most likely Scotland, the Faroe Islands and Iceland and would seem to be repositioning for the Canada/NE mini-season from September 2017.

Now THAT is a thing of beauty!! :)

BTW, MADflyer, you are my new best friend with all of your wonderful information!

Called the UK office this morning in the hope of getting a firm date for Europe cruises going on sale. I was told to call back in a MONTH.!! I was hoping it was going to be this week.

Edited by sandancer

Called the UK office this morning in the hope of getting a firm date for Europe cruises going on sale. I was told to call back in a MONTH.!! I was hoping it was going to be this week.

My DW called last week and was told August :eek:, and our TA was told June :eek:. Now that's what I call consistent.:D:D I reckon it will be this week.:rolleyes:

Harmony was already confirmed to be only a one season ship deployment with last years deployment press release. Harmony, Allure and Oasis were all confirmed last October to be year round 'Florida' home ported ships in the RCI financial release.

Freedom was reported as the Barcelona 7 day ship in this thread months ago and the current release is only confirming that information.

I apologize for not reading the entire thread and the RCI financial release. Thank you for confirming that I was incorrect.

Hello,

I have just seen the ex UK itineraries for 2017 (but no prices). Boring.:(

So boring that I have asked my TA to get me oceanview prices not balcony as there will be nothing new to take pictures of.

Or even to dust-off my 'loyalty' membership on Cunard and P&O.

Regards,

Bored Cublet

Legend will only be based in Venice and then is scheduled to head back to Brisbane Australia with a Venice to Dubai, Dubai to Singapore and Singapore to Brisbane.

The Jewel TA is currently from Rome to San Juan. They are just not showing confirmed sailings from San Juan. Jewel is still booked every 3 weeks or so at St. Maarten if that holds.

Rhapsody still holds bookings in Europe, so what is happening is unclear.

Vision returns to Venice for a short season in the Med prior to heading most likely back to Dubai.

Alright thanks. I was just looking at the schedule on the UK website that says "Caribbean Part 3, Legend of the Seas".

I think TAs are probably too costly for the mega ships to make them unless needed. However. with three of them now and all needing dry dock in Europe every 5th year, I won't be surprised to see 3 out of 5 summers having a mega ship in the Med to capitalize on that needed trip over (as they did with Allure last year)

Phoned crown and anchor and got told the end of April for Europe sailings being released. Don't think they've got a clue what's going on!

I spoke to C & A the day before Alaska cruises were posted for another matter. but, I asked if the Hawaii repo cruise would be part of the Alaska itineraries when they were listed. The rep told me that she was not aware the AK sailings were coming out that week. :confused:

I spoke to C & A the day before Alaska cruises were posted for another matter. but, I asked if the Hawaii repo cruise would be part of the Alaska itineraries when they were listed. The rep told me that she was not aware the AK sailings were coming out that week. :confused:

Shocker :eek:

Alright thanks. I was just looking at the schedule on the UK website that says "Caribbean Part 3, Legend of the Seas".

No idea. They have only booked Legend at Brisbane for December. I wonder if there is a trans-Pacific repositioning sailing that would then take Legend over to do Panama Canal and Caribbean sailings.

I do not see any evidence of that yet, but would be an interesting possibility.

Rhapsody still holds bookings in Europe, so what is happening is unclear.

On the UK website there is a pre-register button for the new 2017 itineraries, and there's a breakdown of the ship's deployments.

Rhapsody does not appear among the ships scheduled for Europe in 2017, but at Caribbean deployment - so I guess she could sail year-round from Tampa, or some east Coast cruises with Canada and New England.

On the Loyal To You website, which is the American Travel Agents website for Royal Caribbean it says:

"Beginning March 3, 2016, Crown & Anchor® Society members enjoy early booking for 2017/2018 Europe Season. General booking begins March 4, 2016. Stay tuned for itinerary information."

So it looks like C&A will be able to book tomorrow and then general sale on Thursday. Bit disappointed with just the two ships from the UK next year. However Oasis 4 is due out of the shipyard in 2018 and then Quantum 4 and 5 due out 2019 and 2020 respectively so I can see a European homeport for these ships for at least their opening season.

Just TT Royal Caribbean rep and he said Crown & Anchor Thursday and general public Friday.

I know what I will be doing on Thursday. :D

Yeah, they said that last week with the release of the Alaska itineraries. Guess what...everyone could book on the day that was supposed to be for C&A members.:rolleyes: