Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

As in the first Edge class ship will stay in Europe?

I'm not sure what the Edge class has to do with the Equinox move. The Equinox change is for 2017 and the first Edge class ship isn't out until sometime 2018.

I'm not sure what the Edge class has to do with the Equinox move. The Equinox change is for 2017 and the first Edge class ship isn't out until sometime 2018.

I think there comment was more geared toward indicating that they would have a ship year round in the Caribbean from this point forward.

Eclipse has about 122,000 Gross Tons and Voyager class about 138,000.

Voyager class is deeper and wider than Eclipse and most other ships mentioned before so that combination is the main issue with the entrance to Stockholm (and many orther ports in North Europe like e.g. Warnemuende/Rostock, Bergen and Riga just to name a few).

Eclipse, Silhouette and Regal Princess go into Stockholm but with many restrictions (e.g. weather issues and daylight transite only).

If even bigger ships like Norwegian Getwaway really are allowed to go into Stockholm from 2017 a Voyager class could indeed go as well. However, it might not work all the time and the calls are very short (9 am arrival and 3 pm departure).

Navigator was in Stockholm 2007. It was in the Swedish newspapers at the time.

http://www.dn.se/sthlm/rekordstort-fartyg-anloper-stockholm/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello all. Following on from the announcment during the week that Oasis 4 (Or Harmony 2 as Captain Gus was calling her on the Harmony TA!) will be doing a short European Summer Season in 2018 before heading across the pond to Florida, has anyone heard of any other itenaries for Summer/Winter 2018. I am hoping that we in Europe get some different ships other than the same old, same old.

I know that the dates to book wont be out until March 2017 but it is always nice to speculate and hope for the best! :)

Hello all. Following on from the announcment during the week that Oasis 4 (Or Harmony 2 as Captain Gus was calling her on the Harmony TA!) will be doing a short European Summer Season in 2018 before heading across the pond to Florida, has anyone heard of any other itenaries for Summer/Winter 2018. I am hoping that we in Europe get some different ships other than the same old, same old.

I know that the dates to book wont be out until March 2017 but it is always nice to speculate and hope for the best! :)

Do you realize that Freedom did not leave Port Canaveral in over 8 years. ;)

Do you realize that Freedom did not leave Port Canaveral in over 8 years. ;)

Oh I know that but other than Oasis in 2104, Anthem and Allure in 2015, Harmony in 2016 and then Freedom in 2017 we tend to have the same ships each year, especially from Southampton with Indy and Navigator predicted for the 3rd year in a row in 2018!!

How far in advance does the cruise ports list their visitors? I vaguely remember someone saying that they had seen the Gibraltar list for 2018...

Oh I know that but other than Oasis in 2104, Anthem and Allure in 2015, Harmony in 2016 and then Freedom in 2017 we tend to have the same ships each year, especially from Southampton with Indy and Navigator predicted for the 3rd year in a row in 2018!!

How far in advance does the cruise ports list their visitors? I vaguely remember someone saying that they had seen the Gibraltar list for 2018...

I was just teasing. ;)

I'm no expert on air travel in Europe, but it seems to me that you have to fly to London to cruise out of Southampton. So why not fly to Amsterdam, Barcelona or Rome to find a ship of your liking.

Maybe Southampton will get one of the next Quantum ships. Those seem better suited for your climate anyway.

I was just teasing. ;)

I'm no expert on air travel in Europe, but it seems to me that you have to fly to London to cruise out of Southampton. So why not fly to Amsterdam, Barcelona or Rome to find a ship of your liking.

Maybe Southampton will get one of the next Quantum ships. Those seem better suited for your climate anyway.

Oh I know you were! ;)

I normally sail from Barcelona as it is easy to get on board. A Quantum class is on the to sail list but would like to see Mariner, Voyager, Radiance and one of the Quantum ships come back our way! :)

LOL, the grass is always greener, it seems. We here on the West Coast, California to be more specific, would love having the above list of shps making a port of call here. We would even "settle" for one, as we haven't had a ship home-ported here in 6 years. I hope you get your wish.

LOL, the grass is always greener, it seems. We here on the West Coast, California to be more specific, would love having the above list of shps making a port of call here. We would even "settle" for one, as we haven't had a ship home-ported here in 6 years. I hope you get your wish.

Now you are talking...a sailing from California to Hawaii is on the dream to sail list!!!

This is an old thread about the 17/18 deployments. Here is the 18/19 thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2400549 :)