Getting Discounts after Booking when you use a TA?

Amy5000

Hi all. I booked a cruise for April last month. This past weekend I noticed there was sale and I called to see how much it would cost to upgrade. The upgrade was too much for me but the lady at Royal Carribbean told me that the rate on my cabin was lower and gave me the lower rate. (Even though I know my category was sold out).

So here's my question: I was planning on moving my reservation to a big box travel agent to score some on board credits. However, if there's a sale once I move my reservation (but before final payment), will I be able to get a similar adjustment? Do most travel agents have the ability to easily reprice an existing reservation just by checking online? (I'm guessing I could get them to call in and re-price but I'm not to sure about the customer service at the TA since I've never used them).

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Hi all. I booked a cruise for April last month. This past weekend I noticed there was sale and I called to see how much it would cost to upgrade. The upgrade was too much for me but the lady at Royal Carribbean told me that the rate on my cabin was lower and gave me the lower rate. (Even though I know my category was sold out).

So here's my question: I was planning on moving my reservation to a big box travel agent to score some on board credits. However, if there's a sale once I move my reservation (but before final payment), will I be able to get a similar adjustment? Do most travel agents have the ability to easily reprice an existing reservation just by checking online? (I'm guessing I could get them to call in and re-price but I'm not to sure about the customer service at the TA since I've never used them).

just so you are aware, not all TA's will try very hard to get you a lower price. Some also charge change fees and cancel fees. You must go through the TA to make any changes.

If you do change to a TA, you must do it before 60 days from time of original booking

just so you are aware, not all TA's will try very hard to get you a lower price. Some also charge change fees and cancel fees. You must go through the TA to make any changes.

If you do change to a TA, you must do it before 60 days from time of original booking

...and so in my opinion, it's not worth it. You may want to transfer the booking, though - you may decide that it's worth it to you. But be sure to ask all of these questions BEFORE you transfer.

Cancellation fees?

Change fees?

Will the OBC that you are offering me be reduced if I get a price reduction?

If so, by how much?

Mine has no cancellation or change fees and has probably done about 20+ price adjustments for me over the last few years (one cruise is particular is up to 9 adjustments already with almost a year to go !)

I will say they have never been proactive about calling me to tell me there is a better fare available but have never had a problem with doing a reprice check when I call in to ask for one.

The OBC offered does go down sometimes when my fare drops (which is fair since it is based on their commission which is a % of my fare).