You can now buy CHEERS online!!

peekinglemer

Did anyone else notice that you can now buy the Cheers drink package online?

I was just going to purchase a 6 pack of diet coke for my cruise next week and low and behold.....you can now order Cheers or the Bottomless Bubbles package right from your "Manage my Cruise" screen.

I was waiting for this change.

I was looking through the list of restrictions listed for Cheers and now it says :

What’s NOT included?

•Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda

•Beverages sold in souvenir glasses

•Bottles of liquor

•Beverages offered at gangway while debarking

•Beverages offered through room service

•Beverages offered in mini-bars

•The sharing of cocktails and floaters

•Buckets of beer, pitchers of beer, and beer tubes

•Beverages offered through wine machines

•Coffee beverages and food items

In the past I have been able to get virgin frozen drinks. Looks like they have changed that? I wonder why.

For those of us in Texas, buying online appears adds a full day to the program (since before they said only available on day 2) and $56 in taxes.

Does that mean we can start from day one on the Cheers! program?

man, i sure hope so!! galveston is our home port. last year we easily spend $300 on that first day since we couldnt buy it! this year we left out of NOLA, and was grateful we could buy it the first day!! we'll be leaving again out of galveston next year, so it sure would be great!

OK...went to buy it and it adds $56.00 in taxes for sailing out of Baltimore too. Did I just not notice that we paid taxes on the Cheers program before. And, I didn't see a spot where I could pay with my gift cards.

For some reason I didn't think that you paid taxes for drinks on the cruise. Can someone enlighten me on this please.

Between the tax, not being able to get virgin frozen drinks, and not being able to use a gift card I'm not as excited now. Plus....it says it will be delivered to your cabin sometime after you board on the first day???? Thinking that is a glitch and they will put the sticker on your card when you first board.

OK...went to buy it and it adds $56.00 in taxes for sailing out of Baltimore too. Did I just not notice that we paid taxes on the Cheers program before. And, I didn't see a spot where I could pay with my gift cards.

For some reason I didn't think that you paid taxes for drinks on the cruise. Can someone enlighten me on this please.

Between the tax, not being able to get virgin frozen drinks, and not being able to use a gift card I'm not as excited now. Plus....it says it will be delivered to your cabin sometime after you board on the first day???? Thinking that is a glitch and they will put the sticker on your card when you first board.

it was always with 15% gratuity.

it was always with 15% gratuity.

Yeah. I knew about the 15% gratuity just not the added tax. With the 15% gratuity it shows $804.00 for 2 people for 7 days with tax "TBD". Then when you go to check out it adds in the $56.00 in taxes bringing the total up to over $850.00 dollars. So the $49.95 a day is really $60.00 a day after you add in gratuity and tax.

Edited by peekinglemer

This is what it says:

What’s included?

All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $10.00 or lower menu price

Soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

25% off menu price of bottle water

25% off the menu price for spirits above $10.00 per drink

25% off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

What’s NOT included?

Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

Bottles of liquor

Beverages offered at gangway while debarking

Beverages offered through room service

Beverages offered in mini-bars

The sharing of cocktails and floaters

Buckets of beer, pitchers of beer, and beer tubes

Beverages offered through wine machines

Coffee beverages and food items

This is what it says:

What’s included?

All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $10.00 or lower menu price

Soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

25% off menu price of bottle water

25% off the menu price for spirits above $10.00 per drink

25% off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

What’s NOT included?

Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

Bottles of liquor

Beverages offered at gangway while debarking

Beverages offered through room service

Beverages offered in mini-bars

The sharing of cocktails and floaters

Buckets of beer, pitchers of beer, and beer tubes

Beverages offered through wine machines

Coffee beverages and food items

Wow...they changed that since I looked last. I copied and pasted directly from the site and it originally DID NOT have the "non-alcoholic frozen cocktails" part added. I'm guessing they just implemented this program this morning and have some issues to work out. Thanks for the update.

Yeah. I knew about the 15% gratuity just not the added tax. With the 15% gratuity it shows $804.00 for 2 people for 7 days with tax "TBD". Then when you go to check out it adds in the $56.00 in taxes bringing the total up to over $850.00 dollars. So the $49.95 a day is really $60.00 a day after you add in gratuity and tax.

hm, odd. looking back at our statement, we paid a total of $804.20 for cheers last month on our 7 day out of NOLA

when all is said and done, its really $57.44 a day

Edited by KLD1019

Thanks for checking KLD1019!

I don't want to have to pay tax on the package if I can avoid it.

It looks as if the tax is only avoided if you buy it after the ship is away from the port. I will probably wait until day two, and save $170.00.

If you buy onboard you'll incur taxes per drink until in international waters.

Started reading this post and immediately went to Carnival.com to order. Then saw this...:eek:

Restrictions:

• CHEERS! is offered by stateroom - All adults staying in the same room must participate
  • We're committed to responsible drinking. One drink per order, limited to 15 drinks per day
  • Premium liquors and specialty cocktails over $10.00 per drink are offered at a 25% discount
  • Program is non-refundable

DW doesn't drink. So much for Cheers...:p

Started reading this post and immediately went to Carnival.com to order. Then saw this...:eek:

Restrictions:

• CHEERS! is offered by stateroom - All adults staying in the same room must participate
  • We're committed to responsible drinking. One drink per order, limited to 15 drinks per day
  • Premium liquors and specialty cocktails over $10.00 per drink are offered at a 25% discount
  • Program is non-refundable

DW doesn't drink. So much for Cheers...:p

thats not a new rule. its always been there ;)