You can now buy CHEERS online!!

peekinglemer

I think you're right in some cases. I would purchase Cheers if there was a smaller version of it. Say, half the price with a 7 drink max. I honestly cannot even imagine spending $700 on alcohol or even drinking 15 drinks in one 24 hour period. I probably wouldn't even drink 7 drinks, but at a lower rate, I would probably get it for convenience of not having to watch my drinking budget on my trip.

However, I don't think those same things hold true for most people.

That's a good idea. This is how I envision it, have 2 or 3 Cheers packages that target the light, moderate and heavy drinkers and offer different price points. The lower packages wouldn't have a drink limit which would allow Carnival to make money upfront especially if the person doesn't hit their drink quota, plus also make more money if the person chooses to drink more. The normal Cheers package would be for the heavy drinkers. Remove the beer bucket restriction and I'm all in :)

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

Thanks for checking KLD1019!

I don't want to have to pay tax on the package if I can avoid it.

You will have to pay tax on the package if you purchase it before the cruise or before you are in international waters while on the cruise. It's the same way with anything you purchase through the Bon Voyage department. For instance if I want to buy a bottle of vodka I wait until the ship is out at sea and order it from room service. By doing that I save paying tax on that purchase.

That's a good idea. This is how I envision it, have 2 or 3 Cheers packages that target the light, moderate and heavy drinkers and offer different price points. The lower packages wouldn't have a drink limit which would allow Carnival to make money upfront especially if the person doesn't hit their drink quota, plus also make more money if the person chooses to drink more. The normal Cheers package would be for the heavy drinkers. Remove the beer bucket restriction and I'm all in :)

If the lower packages wouldn't have a drink limit, wouldn't everyone sign up for that? Or did you mean something different and I'm reading it weird? (Sometimes I do that).

But yeah, I'd get the "unlimited" (because 7 drinks a day feels like unlimited to me) package because I'm the kind of person who would be annoyed with myself if I ended up paying more for fewer drinks on the off chance that I did end up drinking more than the 3 per day break even point, which is pretty unlikely to actually happen. But I'd buy it "just in case". Which I bet a lot of people would do.

Heres my question and this may seem petty but why are we being charged a 15% gratuity for a online purchase as i ubnderstand it from the staff the person who sells it gets the tips not the waiters. so where does my 15% go now?

I'm not a big drinker but my friend is. The cruise we just returned from was the Elation and they said we both had to sign up or else she couldn't do the program at all. Wow.... Best investment ever (especially for her)!! I rarely drink but I added up cost of the drinks I do like and I still found the program to be a little cheaper and the convenience of not worrying about cost to be pretty cool.

Will I sign up for it on my solo cruise? Not sure. I really don't drink enough to really affect me but yeah I wouldn't down the program either.

I'm curious why anyone would pay ahead of time for Cheers rather than just putting it on S&S account and paying at the end of the cruise?

Helps people who lack willpower to save money on their own. Same goes for cruise cash.

Heres my question and this may seem petty but why are we being charged a 15% gratuity for a online purchase as i ubnderstand it from the staff the person who sells it gets the tips not the waiters. so where does my 15% go now?

I believe it still goes to the beverage staff on your particular sailing.

Traveling w/friends in January, but as a solo pax & trying to make a decision about Cheers. I've read that bar prices have gone up since my last cruise, and I've seen some of them posted, but I'm just not sure how current they are now, or will be when we sail. The only thing I drink on a cruise other than the occasional diet soda or Pineapple Chipotle martini (if the ship has an Alchemy bar, which the Breeze does not) is Patron Silver. On my last several cruises, it's been $9.95/shot - which obviously makes Cheers worth it (at 5 shots over the course of a day), but only IF the prices have NOT gone up. I would hate to purchase Cheers online prior to my cruise only to find out that my beloved Patron is now over $10.00/shot, especially since I can't cancel it once I board. It would be super great if Carnival could attach bar menus/drink prices, but I realize this may be challenging given the number of bars on each ship which each have specialty drinks at different prices.

Perhaps I'll wait until a few days prior to our cruise to see if anyone posts current drink prices...

no the 15% tip included in the cheers package goes into a tipping pool for the bartenders and drink waiters and waitresses.

Has anybody else have a problem with the Carnival website when they try to purchase the Cheers package? I keep getting an error message. I also have a question about the non-alcoholic frozen drinks.. are they free with Cheers, and will they count towards the 15 drink limit? Thanks :)

Has anybody else have a problem with the Carnival website when they try to purchase the Cheers package? I keep getting an error message. I also have a question about the non-alcoholic frozen drinks.. are they free with Cheers, and will they count towards the 15 drink limit? Thanks :)

No problem with the website.

Non alcoholic drinks are included with Cheers, but they do not count against your 15. Neither do colas.

Traveling w/friends in January, but as a solo pax & trying to make a decision about Cheers. I've read that bar prices have gone up since my last cruise, and I've seen some of them posted, but I'm just not sure how current they are now, or will be when we sail. The only thing I drink on a cruise other than the occasional diet soda or Pineapple Chipotle martini (if the ship has an Alchemy bar, which the Breeze does not) is Patron Silver. On my last several cruises, it's been $9.95/shot - which obviously makes Cheers worth it (at 5 shots over the course of a day), but only IF the prices have NOT gone up. I would hate to purchase Cheers online prior to my cruise only to find out that my beloved Patron is now over $10.00/shot, especially since I can't cancel it once I board. It would be super great if Carnival could attach bar menus/drink prices, but I realize this may be challenging given the number of bars on each ship which each have specialty drinks at different prices.

Perhaps I'll wait until a few days prior to our cruise to see if anyone posts current drink prices...

On the Breeze - you can get the Pineapple Chipotle martini in the Plaza Bar (right next to Red Frog). Plaza bar is one of the locations they held martini tasting every night and in which I learned the Pineapple Chipotle is my new FAVE drink!! We went there several nights prior to dinner to enjoy one.

If cheers = $1200 on an 11 day cruise, has anyone here given thought to the free drinks offer on two other cruise lines?

I stopped drinking decades ago, but if I were still imbibing, I'd go with NCL's free drink offer - that will certainly make the total cruise fare a heck lower than CCL's with Cheers. I'm not so sure that Celebrity's 1-2-3 offer would be less than CCL, but it would be very competitive for a much better product.

We have.

DH and I got the "free" drink offer with Celebrity's 1-2-3 last year. We paid exactly 2220.78 for an oversized but obstructed-view hump balcony cabin. This price included the drinks package (no daily limit) for both of us and bottled water is included. And Celebrity's main dining room food and buffet are far superior to Carnival in my opinion. I didn't like everything, but I liked a heck of a lot more than I do on Carnival.

Nightlife after the shows (which were spectacular) was lacking, however, so we just retired to our balcony and enjoyed the stars and fresh air.

Our balcony cabin:

DSCN0006.jpg.7cc361c733e332c6bc8f5133442ff877.jpg

DSCN0023.jpg.7fffc458a56353f56b58f10e0b582758.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg.91388105e763506f47777c08233f8f43.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg.37520f648a67d08baca2de74511ef185.jpg

We have.

DH and I got the "free" drink offer with Celebrity's 1-2-3 last year. We paid exactly 2220.78 for an oversized but obstructed-view hump balcony cabin. This price included the drinks package (no daily limit) for both of us and bottled water is included. And Celebrity's main dining room food and buffet are far superior to Carnival in my opinion. I didn't like everything, but I liked a heck of a lot more than I do on Carnival.

Nightlife after the shows (which were spectacular) was lacking, however, so we just retired to our balcony and enjoyed the stars and fresh air.

Our balcony cabin:

Just did a mock for celebrity 2100 for 2 in an ocean view with 300 obc, prepaid grats, drinking package, and unlimited internet. Not bad at all.

Sticker no sticker? Would be nice to know.

Not the best drink program on the high seas IMO...I guess with only two CCL booked, don't have to worry to much.:rolleyes: Ours would be $1493.50 for 2 for our Vista TA:eek: Might just have to pass and buy what we want.

Celebrity is getting more of our cruise dollar these days, as CCL has changed so much over the years.

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, but has anyone found out if the sticker will be applied when we receive them or if it's something we have to go to guest services or wherever when we board?

Sticker no sticker? Would be nice to know.

I found this on an obscure Carnival "help" page:

For those guests that pre-purchase CHEERS!, it will be activated upon boarding the ship (except for ships sailing from Galveston and New York). Guests will receive a note in their stateroom advising them to go the bar to receive their sticker which is placed on their Sail & Sign card. In the event guests do not go to their stateroom, once the Sail & Sign card is swiped, it is flagged and the bartender will provide the sticker.

Can't wait to hear if it really works that way...

Edited by Rod in Az

I found this on an obscure Carnival "help" page:

For those guests that pre-purchase CHEERS!, it will be activated upon boarding the ship (except for ships sailing from Galveston and New York). Guests will receive a note in their stateroom advising them to go the bar to receive their sticker which is placed on their Sail & Sign card. In the event guests do not go to their stateroom, once the Sail & Sign card is swiped, it is flagged and the bartender will provide the sticker.

Can't wait to hear if it really works that way...

Thank you!! That's helpful!! Can't wait to hear as well!