You can now buy CHEERS online!!

peekinglemer

I am wondering if the package is active when you pick up the sign and sail cards or if we will have to go to guest services to get the sticker for cheers. I just want my first stop to be the atrium bar. 29 days and I will be on the Breeze and I will know the answer for sure.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Edited by bdaddyiii

I am wondering if the package is active when you pick up the sign and sail cards or if we will have to go to guest services to get the sticker for cheers. I just want my first stop to be the atrium bar. 29 days and I will be on the Breeze and I will know the answer for sure.

Someone will have to be a guinea pig this weekend or next to find out.

Haven't used the beverage packages on Carnival. Last sailing was a 4 day and didn't purchase. I can see that this restriction would benefit Carnival.

They lost out on a lot of money from our family in 2013. We had 5 rooms with a total of 10 people. Five of those 10 people wanted Cheers. One of them had a pregnant wife in the room with him, and she obviously was not going to drink, so he did not get it. The 2nd room had someone on medications that you absolutely cannot drink with, so they weren't going to waste money on buying her cheers. The other 3 rooms just had drinkers in with non-drinkers, and it wasn't worth the money at ALL. We ended up all having VERY low bar tabs, because it was just not worth it to drink, when you are paying $10 per drink. They would have made more money allowing each individual to choose. Instead of making $1400, they made about $200. It didn't hurt that my brother in law won bingo and we spent most of that $1000 on drinks we wouldn't have purchased other wise.

Why cant you use Gift Cards in the fun shop?

Lame!

I just tried to pay with gift cards and the web page only accepts credit cards as payment. I called the fun shop and the rep told me that all fun shop purchases must be made with credit card and that they don't accept gift cards.

I would assume when you get your card. Last September I had cheers and lost my card the second day. I was worried about my expensive cheers sticker and drinks when I got my new card, and the man at guest services told me the sticker didn't matter as it pulls up that I had purchased cheers and how many drinks I'd consumed for the time period when they swipe your card. Of course, being able to preorder could change things.

Started reading this post and immediately went to Carnival.com to order. Then saw this...:eek:

Restrictions:

• CHEERS! is offered by stateroom - All adults staying in the same room must participate
  • We're committed to responsible drinking. One drink per order, limited to 15 drinks per day
  • Premium liquors and specialty cocktails over $10.00 per drink are offered at a 25% discount
  • Program is non-refundable

DW doesn't drink. So much for Cheers...:p

I am interested in the fact that it says program is non-refundable? So, if you have to cancel your cruise, you lose your money you paid for the cheers program.. I think I will wait until I am on board instead of taking a chance on having to cancel and losing 800.00

I'm curious why anyone would pay ahead of time for Cheers rather than just putting it on S&S account and paying at the end of the cruise?

one less thing to budget and worry about. and the lines. we finalize the cruise, we deposit/pay for all excursions. we think we're done then we're like "oh yeah, nearly an extra $700 for cheers (we leave out of galveston), lets rebudget and move more money around" prepaying for it is just something less to worry about for when we're sailing. thats MY thinking for OUR trip.

I purchased Cheers on a past cruise and found it not to be worth it because I could not order a bucket of cold beer while sitting on a hot deck. Also I always felt that I had to drink more in order to break even or get ahead. I prefer to relax and drink at my own pace, it was actually cheaper that way. Carnival would make much more money if they; A) removed some of these restrictions or B) leave the restrictions in place and reduced the cost. If they can at least give people the impression they are getting a really good deal many would make the impulse buy and probably drink less in the end. Making Carnival more money upfront. Just my opinion.

I purchased Cheers on a past cruise and found it not to be worth it because I could not order a bucket of cold beer while sitting on a hot deck. Also I always felt that I had to drink more in order to break even or get ahead. I prefer to relax and drink at my own pace, it was actually cheaper that way. Carnival would make much more money if they; A) removed some of these restrictions or B) leave the restrictions in place and reduced the cost. If they can at least give people the impression they are getting a really good deal many would make the impulse buy and probably drink less in the end. Making Carnival more money upfront. Just my opinion.

I think you're right in some cases. I would purchase Cheers if there was a smaller version of it. Say, half the price with a 7 drink max. I honestly cannot even imagine spending $700 on alcohol or even drinking 15 drinks in one 24 hour period. I probably wouldn't even drink 7 drinks, but at a lower rate, I would probably get it for convenience of not having to watch my drinking budget on my trip.

However, I don't think those same things hold true for most people.

I'm curious why anyone would pay ahead of time for Cheers rather than just putting it on S&S account and paying at the end of the cruise?

We charge everything on Captial One for the mileage. We bought $1000 in AARP gift cards for $900. Our Cheers for 11 days in over $1200. One less thing to worry about boarding, head straight to the bar.

If cheers = $1200 on an 11 day cruise, has anyone here given thought to the free drinks offer on two other cruise lines?

I stopped drinking decades ago, but if I were still imbibing, I'd go with NCL's free drink offer - that will certainly make the total cruise fare a heck lower than CCL's with Cheers. I'm not so sure that Celebrity's 1-2-3 offer would be less than CCL, but it would be very competitive for a much better product.