A Captains Circle Status Question

joybook

My sister and her husband have just completed London to Sydney on the Sea Princess. During the cruise (about half way) they were formally upgraded to Platinum status with the usual benefits. I expressed to them that I was rather surprised that this happened during the course of the cruise as usually you are not moved up until completion of the cruise as per the rules. While not relevent to the question, my wife and I are also Platinum.

While they purchased the ticket as a single one segment cruise (London to Sydney) is it possible that they moved to Platinum because it was part of a World Cruise which would probably have been sold to some passengers as segments and therefore after completing one or two segments they qualified for Platinum status? Would be interested in your comments.:)

My sister and her husband have just completed London to Sydney on the Sea Princess. During the cruise (about half way) they were formally upgraded to Platinum status with the usual benefits. I expressed to them that I was rather surprised that this happened during the course of the cruise as usually you are not moved up until completion of the cruise as per the rules. While not relevent to the question, my wife and I are also Platinum.

While they purchased the ticket as a single one segment cruise (London to Sydney) is it possible that they moved to Platinum because it was part of a World Cruise which would probably have been sold to some passengers as segments and therefore after completing one or two segments they qualified for Platinum status? Would be interested in your comments.:)

Was it just for that cruise only? I have seen where a level is awarded for the current cruise only and I have also seen it awarded permanently.

That is most likely what happened. Passengers get cruise credit for each segment sailed regardless of whether they were booked individually as B2B(2B...) or as a single booking.

Thanks for your comments. That's an interesting comment from Colo Cruiser - I had never heard of that before. Yes their move to the next status level is a permanent one, not just for that cruise. Full marks to Princess if they do move people to the next level during a cruise based on segments they may have completed. Thanks again for all your comments.:)

On the world cruise in 2011 , people's status changed after the first segment at Dubai (where warranted). Gold to platinum , (no ruby then) and Plat to Black etc. But only days are counted not cruise credits. Cruise is only 1 credit not 4 or how ever many segments are sold. ( not counting solo and suites in that 1 credit ) Trust that makes sense. Well that is what the Circle Hostess told me on a later cruise I took when I asked :)

On the world cruise in 2011 , people's status changed after the first segment at Dubai (where warranted). Gold to platinum , (no ruby then) and Plat to Black etc. But only days are counted not cruise credits. Cruise is only 1 credit not 4 or how ever many segments are sold. ( not counting solo and suites in that 1 credit ) Trust that makes sense. Well that is what the Circle Hostess told me on a later cruise I took when I asked :)

Hi Helen/Thorpe,

We should change from Ruby to Platinum in Dubai 2016 world cruise but can you please explain how the credits work. We already have 3 and will get 4 from the WC - total of 7. Thanks

Marg

That changed (I forget when, but it was after 2011).

You now get credit for each segment no matter how it is booked.

Call Princess. They will go back several years and give you credit for segments that were not previously counted.

That changed (I forget when, but it was after 2011).

You now get credit for each segment no matter how it is booked.

Call Princess. They will go back several years and give you credit for segments that were not previously counted.

Thanks I will try again. I only asked once in Nov 2013 on Sun Princess I think, she did check with some-one and got back to me. We only did half the cruise but it's one more credit and one more closer to Elite :) The response was that I get all those days to count. But credits are worth more to me. Still thinking it will be close with days and credits when I finally get there anyway.

Hi Helen/Thorpe,

We should change from Ruby to Platinum in Dubai 2016 world cruise but can you please explain how the credits work. We already have 3 and will get 4 from the WC - total of 7. Thanks

Marg

Oops, just saw this after I did the reply above. You will be getting credited for each segment I see. Back when I did it I only got one credit for the trip, regardless of how many segments.