Price drop after final payment

madoris

I am booked for 11/3 Regal 5 day cruise in a inside guarantee.Prices dropped today, so I called and asked what they could do for me, I was told no refund because its for new bookings only, but they would upgrade me to a BW cat.balcony that was priced the same as I payed for inside. I'am happy.

I am booked for 11/3 Regal 5 day cruise in a inside guarantee.Prices dropped today, so I called and asked what they could do for me, I was told no refund because its for new bookings only, but they would upgrade me to a BW cat.balcony that was priced the same as I payed for inside. I'm happy.

Good Move:D

:rolleyes:

Oh my goodness! I am in the exact same situation and I JUST called my TA who Called Princess and they said no....it is only for new bookings...but now I am on a list.... I'm going to call again right now. Same cruise inside gty...they said no...price is less for a balcony than I paid for the inside gty.

Edited by HLR

Oh my goodness! I am in the exact same situation and I JUST called my TA who Called Princess and they said no....it is only for new bookings...but now I am on a list.... I'm going to call again right now. Same cruise inside gty...they said no...price is less for a balcony than I paid for the inside gty.

I booked with Princess not with a TA, if that matters. I had no problem getting a

upgrade from IA Guar. to a BW assigned rm. that cost the same as the price I paid for the inside. I would keep trying if I was you. Good luck.

Can I assume everyone realizes the BW is an Obstructed Balcony?

And I realize it may not matter as the preference can be for daylight, air and so forth over the Inside.

We're on a DW GTY right now and will accept our fate as well since we have been booking Insides of late and decided to roll the dice (for essentially the same bottom-line cost) and see what happens. Worst case is some daylight and an opportunity to step outside from time to time.

Edited by steelers36

SQUEAKY WHEEL HERE! And it worked! Three phone calls and my TA finally got a Princess agent to upgrade me from an inside ID GTY to a obstructed balcony BY assigned cabin in an excellent location! The current posted price of the BY is less than I payed for the inside GTY.

If I had not seen this thread I would never have called back [twice] and just waited and been sad. Not because I wasn't upgraded when I DID save money getting an inside GTY as a solo paying the solo supplement...but because the carrot was dangled in front of my nose...the online TA said I would get it...and then it was taken away.

Luckily...I got it back!

HLR

SQUEAKY WHEEL HERE! And it worked! Three phone calls and my TA finally got a Princess agent to upgrade me from an inside ID GTY to a obstructed balcony BY assigned cabin in an excellent location! The current posted price of the BY is less than I payed for the inside GTY.

If I had not seen this thread I would never have called back [twice] and just waited and been sad. Not because I wasn't upgraded when I DID save money getting an inside GTY as a solo paying the solo supplement...but because the carrot was dangled in front of my nose...the online TA said I would get it...and then it was taken away.

Luckily...I got it back!

HLR

Great!