Beverage package - 168 units of alcohol a week

B1G

If you do the math.....this article says we drink (every day) a bottle of wine (4glasses), 7 beers, and 5 alcoholic drinks. Somehow I don't believe that. Some might.....but the vast majority don't/can't physically do that!!

I might have more to drink on vacation than I usually do, but if I drank that much in one day (ok, even half that amount!!).....I'd be SICK!

Even when I was a freshman in college, I didn't drink that much.

My doctor suggests that two or three alcoholic drinks a day are healthy at my age, especially if it is wine or brandy, which helps the circulation.

DW and I will generally have three glasses of wine at the elite happy hour and then probably another glass of wine for dinner and perhaps an after dinner drink. I feel a bit guilty doing just that.

Even when I was a freshman in college, I didn't drink that much.

My doctor suggests that two or three alcoholic drinks a day are healthy at my age, especially if it is wine or brandy, which helps the circulation.

DW and I will generally have three glasses of wine at the elite happy hour and then probably another glass of wine for dinner and perhaps an after dinner drink. I feel a bit guilty doing just that.

Yeah, that's kind of pushing it a bit. I remember my late mother starting off that way. She finally went to straight vodka after all the wine.Sorry, but NO doctor really recommends drinking as much as "yours" seems to recommend!

Each glass of wine is 2 units I think. Shudder to think how many units in a Cosmo from the Martini bar. Had at least 2 of those bad boys everyday and that added to the wine, mohitos, gin and tonics and I can see how easy it is to get up to those numbers.

The great people at the Martini bar say they will go through 10+ bottle of regular grey goose a night! That's not counting the flavored kind! :rolleyes:

I had a lounge chair close to the pool bar on the Summit and as soon as that bar opened at 9 am folks were there for cocktails and beer.

I saw two couples drinking Crown Royal all day for 2 weeks, the bar supervisor had to go to a few bars to find the last bottle on the ship around the end of the cruise :p

Belieive it or not, they never look drunk hahaha

If that is "average" I really hate to see the maximum of the range.

Because when we were on the Xpedition, despite it being all inclusive, I didn't have a single unit of alcohol.

The Carnival boards though do have a large number of posters who defend 15 drinks a day as "not excessive" (that's the cap on their alcohol package per day)- and a unit is much smaller than most drinks.

If that is "average" I really hate to see the maximum of the range.

Because when we were on the Xpedition, despite it being all inclusive, I didn't have a single unit of alcohol.

The Carnival boards though do have a large number of posters who defend 15 drinks a day as "not excessive" (that's the cap on their alcohol package per day)- and a unit is much smaller than most drinks.

You should see the booze cruises on Carnival.One of the main reasons we avoid that line like the plague. Do go to youtube & type in cruiseship fights. 90% are Carnival.

Please, don't anyone flame me, fellow posters. One of the reasons we never had a desire to cruise is because some of the resorts we stayed at in the past in the Caribbean would rent out part of their beach to cruisers. It seems like most we saw were from Carnival ships...and I'm sure not all Carnival cruisers are like what we witnessed. The beach was a mess when they left...drink cups and cigarette butts all over where their chairs were. I'm not knocking drinking or smoking but for goodness sake, have the courtesy to at least put your butts in a dirty cup and dispose of your litter properly.

DH and I certainly are not prudes...we like to have fun on vacation just like everyone else. (hiccup) :p ;)

I do not like coke with my rum so I'm wondering if I could bring a case (12 cans) of Pepsi on when we board the Summit in Feb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have left eight 12 packs of Diet Dr. Pepper strapped together with a luggage tag with our bags pierside and it showed up in our stateroom with our luggage. We've done it several times.

You should see the booze cruises on Carnival.One of the main reasons we avoid that line like the plague. Do go to youtube & type in cruiseship fights. 90% are Carnival.

Just avoid 3 day cruises. We've never had a problem at all.

Yes, the Xpedition was a much classier place than our Carnival cruises have been- but it really isn't that bad. And even on the Xpedition we had the heavily tattooed, wife-beater wearing, chain smoking, heavy-drinking loud mouth. Honestly, the heavy smoking bothered me more there, because the ship was so small, especially when doing panga excursions, you couldn't remove yourself from it.

We will likely use Celebrity again when we go somewhere beyond the Caribbean, but for the Caribbean, Carnival is just fine. It's just a floating taxi to me.