Armed robbery in St.Lucia

New2cruise1483

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the beautiful adventure of the seas. After our day in St. Lucia we got to talking to a couple who was robbed at gun point that day! They were on a small water taxi with another couple, when all of a sudden, the driver bumped the boat against the wall and another man jumped on. Next thing they know, they have a gun pointed at them and the man takes everything she had in her purse.

They were able to get pictures which later ended up helping them. They went to the local police and got NO ASSISTANCE from them. They went to the ship and that's where they got help. I guess the ship's crew was excellent and acted very quickly and aggressively. Within hours, they were able to track down the robber and they were able to recover every cent that she lost! They were very relieved after a terrible ordeal.

I hope

This helps others to be wary of the small taxi boats and just always be aware of your surroundings!

• 2 weeks later...
We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the beautiful adventure of the seas. After our day in St. Lucia we got to talking to a couple who was robbed at gun point that day! They were on a small water taxi with another couple, when all of a sudden, the driver bumped the boat against the wall and another man jumped on. Next thing they know, they have a gun pointed at them and the man takes everything she had in her purse.

They were able to get pictures which later ended up helping them. They went to the local police and got NO ASSISTANCE from them. They went to the ship and that's where they got help. I guess the ship's crew was excellent and acted very quickly and aggressively. Within hours, they were able to track down the robber and they were able to recover every cent that she lost! They were very relieved after a terrible ordeal.

I hope

This helps others to be wary of the small taxi boats and just always be aware of your surroundings!

Sorry to hear of your distress, and thank you for giving the community spirit to advise CC members.

Trust the thieves received the required level of punishment.

A minimum punishment should be to have their hands cut off.

This will act as a real deterrent.

Do you think it's safe to take a tour with Spenser Ambrose? Considering the Beach tour but now I fell maybe we shouldn't.

If you're doing the Beach Break with Spencer Ambrose, you should be fine. For Spencer's tours, you meet at the cruise center right where you get off the ship. From there, you take a speedboat directly to Jalousie Beach and spend the day there. There is an upscale resort at Jalousie Beach, I think it's called the "Sugar Beach Resort" or something along those lines. On the return trip to the ship from Jalousie Beach, you will also take a speedboat but you will get the sea tour with several stops for descriptions of what you're seeing and photo opportunities. You wont' get off the boat until you are back at the cruise center. We just did Spencer's Land & Sea tour two weeks ago and felt safe the whole time.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think it's safe to take a tour with Spenser Ambrose? Considering the Beach tour but now I fell maybe we shouldn't.

I did the Land tour with Spencer a few years back I felt totally at ease but again this was sometime ago, I do remember him talking about the safety on the tourists as being top priority. Over all it was a great trip. Keep in mind we are living in a rough world now a day. Be careful stay strong and have your fun.